By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 to make the greatest sales comeback in history of console sales wars

"PS3 to make the greatest sales comeback in history of console sales wars"

The PS3 may not be able to catch the Wii, around 30 million behind it but it could be a closer gap than we may expect. Anyway its not the sales comparison of PS3 and Wii I want to make in this thread. It is the PS3 versus XBox 360 console sales comparison.

PS3 will comeback by outselling the XBox 360 in console sales wars. The gap between PS3 and 360 is between 7.5 million to 8 million. 360 was launched a year ahead of the PS3 with a 5.5 million to 6 million lead. 360 is half the price of the PS3 and yet it only has slightly outsold the PS3 by a mere 300k for first 20 weeks in 2009 around 15k per week on average. PS3 has remained at the same price of $399 for almost two years and it has sold around 22.5 million systems at or greater than $399.

PS3 leads the 360 when we align their sales launches for first 30 months PS3 and 360 have sold on the market.  We see PS3 has actually sold 3.4 million units more than 360 for first 30 months of its life. Sony brand power for you helping pushing PS3 sales.

You all want to know how the PS3 will comeback to outsell the XBox 360. Let me tell you all. PS3 has a long list of exclusive games to be released: God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, FF Versus XIII combine this with price cut very soon in the near future, PS3 Slim and 10 year lifespan. Expect PS3 to outsell XBox 360 in lifetime console sales. PS3 will beat the 360 in console sales ltd. PS3 also has a lot of huge exclusive games already on the market: Uncharted, Resistance 1 & 2, Ratchet and Clank:ToD, WarHawk, Heavenly sword, Valyrie Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, Little Big Planet and the biggest games of them all Killzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 games that are worthy of PS3 purchase on their own. The multi-platform games past, present and future are on par or better on PS3 and the online play is free with PS3 through PSN which makes online gaming affordable for PS3 owners.

History will look back on this as being the greatest comback in history of console sales wars.

My closing words to all the doubters out there: "Just you all wait and see"

Around the Network

i think they will be time ps3 will get way above 360 ,a slim version and FF13 + versus and GT5 released will do wonders.

but the wii its too up to catch, and they don't even share games, so unless wii stop selling ps3 won't catch.

ps3 needs 2 good christmas to outsell the 360.

If the 360 stopped having exclusive titles, and Microsoft stopped supporting it all-together then yeah.

But I have a hard time seeing the PS3 catching up to the 360 considering how even if they consistently sold 50k more than 360 every week it would take 2 years, unless my calculations are incorrect.

I think it will be a really close second but none of us will know for sure.

I mean no one really expected the Wii to be the beast it is but we were all fooled.

Last gen I could have told you otherwise because almost everything was pretty predictable after the first few years. This gen is really anyone's guess.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

and here come the games lists!

Around the Network

TV Calibration 2.

/Thread.

Tease.

everdom said:
and here come the games lists!

LOL.

PS3beats360 said:

The multi-platform games past, present and future are on par or better on PS3...

Are you sure about that? The last time i checked 'past' multi-platform games are often "better" on 360. I'm not sure about 'present' multi-platform games though.

Well lets hope so, it still seems unlikely. It could still outsell the Xbox, but it probably won't be the greatest comeback in history

If it's as "amazing" as the "domination" that the PS3 had in japan before it popped and fizzled, then I'm sure Microsoft have nothing to worry about.

The real story is how the console "leader", that had sold over 120 million ps2's, is barely hanging in the race for second, with only a fraction of the systems sold that the Wii has.

Even if there were a hypothetical comeback, the story that people will remember for years to come will be how the Wii handed the PS3 it's ass.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!