By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - InFamous Metacritic Score (Updated)

So much talk about this game, I figure why not have an updated thread of Metacritic Review.

5/21/2009  @ 87

5/20/2009  @ 86

5/16/2009  @ 90

www.metacritic.com

based on 22 reviews
Read critic reviews
How did we calculate this?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

All critic scores are converted to a 100-point scale. If a critic does not indicate a score, we assign a score based on the general impression given by the text of the review. Learn more...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

IGN
Cole's powers are cool, the graphic novel cutscenes are stunning, the story is intriguing, and the city is alive.

1UP
Simply put, InFamous is the kind of game that when I'm not playing it, I'm constantly thinking about doing so. Heck, I already know what's going to happen right after I finish this sentence: I'm going to go back and play more as "superhero lightning cop" Cole.

Gaming Age
The audio in inFamous is incredible, especially when piped via HDMI to a capable 5.1 receiver.

IGN UK
While not wholly original, the game's blend of open world ideals with superhero powers is done with a verve that’s unsurpassed, and the mesh of platforming and freeform combat is uniquely satisfying.

Game Informer
A nice balance between run-and-gun action and fleet-footed platforming. [June 2009, p.86]

Playstation Official Magazine UK
The combat's deep and spectacular, the climbing is slick and intuitive, and the story's got enough depth behind the flashy hero/villain hook to fully merit that all-important second playthrough. There's genuinely nothing else like inFamous on PS3. [June 2009, p.82]

Level7.nu
Sucker Punch, known for the phenomenal Sly Cooper series, has introduced one of the best PS3 games to date and what could very well be the best superhero game ever. The storytelling, although aesthetically impressive, is executed somewhat hastily and could have been a bit more fleshed out. This is just a minor flaw in a game that does everything else extremely well. The controls are flawless and the electrical powers are absolutely awesome. The city is grand - to take a leap from a tall building is nothing short of exhilarating - and it feels very much alive. Having superpowers in a game has never been as cool as this.

GameDaily
The attractive graphic novel cut scenes, devastating electrical attacks, a moody soundtrack and a sprawling post apocalyptic metropolis make inFAMOUS a welcome addition to the PlayStation 3 library.

Vandal Online
It is not "Fable" and it does not try to be, it just takes these elements and combines them with some others to create very fun videogame, with its own personality and a well-achieved and told story, perfectly integrated with its gameplay. A more than recommended buy.

IGN AU
Most importantly, the movement and combat mechanics are fantastic, while the firefights (and the starring role of electricity) are a true spectacle. In this game the city is both your playground and your plaything, and you'll feel like a bad-ass.

Gameplayer
While it certainly isn’t the graphical revelation it has been hyped to be, this is a game that is very much deserving of any PS3 owner’s hard earned cash. Or, to put it another way, Infamous can successfully generate 1.21 Gigawatts of fun, without the danger of setting anybody’s eyeballs on fire.

Computer and Video Games
It has its frustrations and we miss burning around in a car or the rumble of some good old-fashioned gunpowder, plus we think "Crackdown" pips it in the open-world action game league. But that won't stop you having a very amusing 25 hours of gaming (play it through twice, once good and once evil, and it's even longer).

Meristation
A very complete game.

Kikizo
With its karma-driven electric fisticuffs, open-ended parkour antics and stylishly broody ambiance, InFamous is a game worthy of Sucker Punch's slick PS2 releases, and a great addition to the PS3's increasingly formidable exclusive line-up. Shame about the story, but there's plenty to do by the wayside.

VideoGamer
Had the first half of the game matched the far more entertaining later sections (where the super powers really come into their own) and the story been a bit more engaging throughout we'd be looking at one of the best open-world action games of all time.

Eurogamer
There is more charm to inFamous than Cole's face and voice suggest, but basking in the glow of the end credits, there are also a lot of painful memories to recall; of too many missions that funnel you into shooting galleries, of difficulty spikes and enemy-spamming, and of staring at the upgrades page rather glumly, aware that for the most part you're only being invited to make things strike harder or across a broader range.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Are you excited about the game sega4life?

mM

sweetness

Expect it to finish on 88

Around the Network

Would be nice if this could stay at 90 or over, but I don't think so.

IGN and GameSpot are the only review sites that matter.

I dont know why people take "MetaCritic" seriously. They use scores from Joe Nobody's review site. ANYBODY can make a video game site and post a review/opinion. MetaCritic uses a lot of reviews from people with absolutely ZERO credentials.

IGN and Gamespot are professional and do in-depth video reviews... with the reviewer putting their reputation on the line. Although IGN and GS are not always 100% accurate, Those are the only sites I will trust.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

^this
When I look at review scores I do tend to point more to the big name sites, although sometimes I completely disagree with them as well. Many reviewer sites seem to have an agenda while reviewing PS3 games(in an effort to always make them look inferior to 360 counterparts).

Check out my thread on the shady CGReview's Review on Infamous......

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

This is only based off 4 reviews. Lets wait til it comes out

forevercloud3000 said:
^this
When I look at review scores I do tend to point more to the big name sites, although sometimes I completely disagree with them as well. Many reviewer sites seem to have an agenda while reviewing PS3 games(in an effort to always make them look inferior to 360 counterparts).

Check out my thread on the shady CGReview's Review on Infamous......

And this is what metacritic is all about, plz read this review which they included

http://www.gamestyle.net/articles/1670/Killzone_2/

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)