By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

Viper1 said:
Deviation59 said:
Viper1 said:
Any game that takes 4 years and 500 people to get 6 hours worth of game and only 77k sales the first week is a flop.

Well, I don't know where you're getting 500 people (the dev team is closer to 50), the game takes around seven hours to play without a bit of fluff or wasted time and it actually sold 96k the first week. And it's at ~184k right now.

EGM #221

Interview with co-founder and Chief of Development, Nina Kristensen:

"...over 500 people are listed in Heavenly Swords credits."

Ioi changed the launch numbers from 77k to 97k.

I don't think the 20k difference really differs the point. 500 people, 4 years, $20+ million dollars = 96k first week. Ouch.

Even Waterworld eventually made $100 million profit.

~ 50 people are all time staff while 500 are involved in the project ... for how long , and how much ... It doesnt says ... I bet even the cleaning lady was in the credits to :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
W29 said:
@Deviation59

Must of overlooked the game, because of the Halo 3 hype...O_O

It happens.
 Resistance broke 1 million way before Halo 3, I think it was around Summer time, maybe a little earlier. 

TheBigFatJ said:
Deviation59 said:
Viper1 said:
Any game that takes 4 years and 500 people to get 6 hours worth of game and only 77k sales the first week is a flop.

Well, I don't know where you're getting 500 people (the dev team is closer to 50), the game takes around seven hours to play without a bit of fluff or wasted time and it actually sold 96k the first week. And it's at ~184k right now.

I suspect they'd have to sell at least 500k units to make a profit on HS.

There is typically $15-20.00 per sale that comes back the dev/pub from $45.00 wholesale.

500k would net them only $7.5 - $10.00 million.  They need a million to break even.

The rEVOLution is not being televised