By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

To me it seems low, what are your thoughts? Just dont tell me that game was released on 12th and numbers are for up to 15th. Same things were said for Lair and Warhawk.

Around the Network

The numbers are still in flux dude, I think.  Some of the numbers I have seen for various games are lower than previous weeks, so they aren't finished unless the data has been readjusted for NPD.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It's very very low

HELL LAIR GOT MORE than that

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@akuma 587

whats a flux??

please give me hope

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_capacitor - here you go darthdevidem

Around the Network

Lair for instance is listed at 124,000 or so while if you click on it it says 150,000. The Heavenly Sword number may be right, I am just saying give it til the charts are finalized and there aren't visible errors on other games.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I predicted Heavenly Sword would flop for months ...

akuma587 said:
Lair for instance is listed at 124,000 or so while if you click on it it says 150,000. The Heavenly Sword number may be right, I am just saying give it til the charts are finalized and there aren't visible errors on other games.

Anyhow the difference can not be that much different. Ok lets say it sold even 30k more, 100k still seem low for a game that was so hyped. i am not bashing PS3 nor Heavenly Sword nor i try to look them bad, its just that those numbers are ....not that good.

I'll wait for sales to normalize before I proclaim anything.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me much... I was expecting 90k or so.

Wtih the small install base of the PS3 combined with two big games right before it (Lair, Warhawk), it doesn't surprise me that Heavenly Sword is suffering sales-wise. I expected them to be a bit higher than that but not significantly higher.

And sales for this title will drop quickly once Ninja Theory's 6 hour wonder hits used shelves (despite what Jimmay might tell you) and people start picking it up for $45-50 used.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/