By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

Hus said:
Damn some of you really need to pray hard for a lil extra intellignece.

Chart Week Ending 15th September 2007
Release Date: US: September 12, 2007

So 3 days on store shelfs, ohh what a flop ohhh noes its the end.

Before insulting other people's intelligence, you should learn how to count (a primary school skill for most people)... Let's go togerher:

12... 13... 14... 15... four days, not three!

Again:

12... 13... 14... 15... still four!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@Neos

The same can be said for kingdom hearts.

mM
Hus said:

LMFAO

it did 77k in 3 days, week is 7 days simple math gives you around 180k first full week.

Your post is the defenition of spining bs fud.

Yahh Resistance and Motorstorm really flunking sales.

Launch sales pretty much never happen on a flat curve. There is a big spike on the first day and then a dropoff on each successive day. 

Neos said:
75% of the people that buy a game in a week buy it the first day, this is no rocket science.

nothing but your opinion, and this is not japan.

of the 7 games i had for PS3 not one did i buy on the first day,  they give me a call that it arrived i go the next day iam not goona drop everything to rush to the store for a game (GT yes everything else hell no)

Hus said:

LMFAO

it did 77k in 3 days, week is 7 days simple math gives you around 180k first full week.

The vast majority of a game's week one sales are in the first three days. Expect week one of HS to come in at 90-100k if that 75k number is correct.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
Hus said:

LMFAO

First of all: Oupsie, I made a serious mistake with  "all 3 of the big PS3 exclusives he have so far flunking sales". I meant to say "all 3 of the big PS3 exclusives for September" or something like that, my point being to refer to the big trio of Warhawk, Lair and Heavenly Sword you guys have been hyping for ages now. Sorry about that.

As for Heavenly Sword, if a game does 77k during the first three days, the first week is going to do 100k at best. Besides, games are released in the middle of the week all the time, and defining the first week of sales as "the first seven days after the game's out" will make the weekly lists on this site pretty impossible to run, don't you think?

those sales are good for 2 reasons
1)it wasnt on store shelves for a full week
2)a lot of people probably only rented the since they could beat it in a day or 2

endurance said:
those sales are good for 2 reasons
1)it wasnt on store shelves for a full week
2)a lot of people probably only rented the since they could beat it in a day or 2

How is #2 good?

It is really a bad result. There were a bunch of people (including me) which thought this game could make about 200k so one third of it is really dissapointing.

Parokki said:
All the Sony people were expecting it to sell almost twice as much as it did, and a bunch of people said they'd be very dissapointed if it didn't do 200k, and now this is not a flop?

No, Heavenly Sword hsa been the very definition of a commercial flop so far. There's still a chance that it'll have good legs, maybe hitting 500k in the US, 1M worldwide, but it looks pretty unlikely to me.

With all 3 of the big PS3 exclusives he have so far flunking sales, I wonder how all the other "AAA+++" games will do.

Word. And forget about 500k in the US, look for life-time sales of around 250,000 copies in the US and about half a mill world-wide.

Yes, just like Lair - and to some extent Warhawk - Heavenly Sword is a flop. It's obvious that people have been expecting more. But I think it's time for people to realize that PS3-titles just won't sell a lot more than this for a while, that's what a low installed base and lower attach rate compared to Xbox360 does to you.

Look out for the next 3 titles to disappoint the Sony fans to be Uncharted, Ratchet & Clark and Little Big People (with 60-100.000 copies first week and 200-350.000 copies life-time US sales, and being far from strengthening the PS3's position with any significance in the coming months).