By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

HappySqurriel said:

I predicted Heavenly Sword would flop for months ...

you predict everything Sony is going to flop... i haven't had time to get this one yet.

Around the Network

@Slime beast

Little big people?

Heavenly sword is not a flop, this is stupid trolling. I agree with hus the nintendo trolls keep coming.

Im leaving this thread peace..

mM

Remember that Metroid Prime 3 and Bioshock were both on shelves for 4 days and still sold well over 3 times as many units as Heavenly Sword has ...

For a highly anticipated game, often cited as a major reason why people will buy a PS3, (roughly) 75,000 units sold in its first day would be a disapointment

Slimebeast said:
Parokki said:

Word. And forget about 500k in the US, look for life-time sales of around 250,000 copies in the US and about half a mill world-wide.

Yes, just like Lair - and to some extent Warhawk - Heavenly Sword is a flop. It's obvious that people have been expecting more. But I think it's time for people to realize that PS3-titles just won't sell a lot more than this for a while, that's what a low installed base and lower attach rate compared to Xbox360 does to you.

Look out for the next 3 titles to disappoint the Sony fans to be Uncharted, Ratchet & Clark and Little Big People (with 60-100.000 copies first week and 200-350.000 copies life-time US sales, and being far from strengthening the PS3's position with any significance in the coming months).

LMAO

You dont even have a clue what  Warhawk sold no one does, there goes your whole post.

@Parokki

Warhawk isn't doing bad, it's at what 134K or something WITHOUT ONLINE included

Online would be lesss maybe, so itmust have sold around 200K

Thast good for ONLINE ONLY game

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Remember that Metroid Prime 3 and Bioshock were both on shelves for 4 days and still sold well over 3 times as many units as Heavenly Sword has ...

For a highly anticipated game, often cited as a major reason why people will buy a PS3, (roughly) 75,000 units sold in its first day would be a disapointment

And the user bases are 2 and 5 times bigger.

your right, bioshock and Metroid are flops.

Also untill ndp numbers come out, vg number are meaningless since they still "update" when ndp is released. 

Leo-j Heavenly Sword will have very very very short legs due to it's length. It will be under 10K by week 4, and gone after that. Games that short are returned fast. People then buy the returns rather than new copies, and then return them again. The game will get in an endless cycle of rents/returns and it will never sell well. This is the problem with short games. Their best chance of high sales is in week 1.

Btw, I agree that Warhawk didn't flop.  For an online-only game it's sales were very very good. 

vizunary said:
HappySqurriel said:

I predicted Heavenly Sword would flop for months ...

you predict everything Sony is going to flop... i haven't had time to get this one yet.

Not everything ...

Just everything without a proven track record of selling more than 2 Million units ... and I haven't been wrong yet.

Hus said:
HappySqurriel said:

And the user bases are 2 and 5 times bigger.

your right, bioshock and Metroid are flops.

Also untill ndp numbers come out, vg number are meaningless since they still "update" when ndp is released.

lol, I opened this thread just to see what your responce was...you didn't dissapoint.

By your logic every game that came out on the PS2 after the third year was a rediculous failure.  The fact is that first week sales rarely show huge influence from total install base except when the install base is extremely low (ie < 3m or so).  In the case of larger install bases it equates to the game having longer legs rather then huge first weeks.

The exception to the impact on first week sales is of course highly anticipated AAA titles.  A game like Halo 3, SMG, GTA IV, Brawl, etc... will have a larger dependence on install base for its first week sales but is also more reliant on install base for its legs as a direct result.

To Each Man, Responsibility

So we'r still stuck on Motorstorm n Resistance being 1 million sellers so far

UNCAHRTED, RATCHET - A little help please

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million