By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

akuma587 said:
Hus is right, Heavenly Sword has only had 4 days on the shelf. The numbers could still be better, but it does change things a little.

actually 3 days, shipment was late http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-67169.aspx

Around the Network

the game released on a thursday in most places

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Too bad that since Warhawk was also downloadable that those numbers won't be counted.

And I did rent Heavenly Sword, and it is a great game, just too bad it's so short. If they could have at least doubled the content, I'm sure that the score would be higher and so would sales.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

if it did release thursday and sales are 77,000 for like three days I would think that might equal a 1 week total of like what 120,000-130,00 or so.

All the Sony people were expecting it to sell almost twice as much as it did, and a bunch of people said they'd be very dissapointed if it didn't do 200k, and now this is not a flop?

No, Heavenly Sword hsa been the very definition of a commercial flop so far. There's still a chance that it'll have good legs, maybe hitting 500k in the US, 1M worldwide, but it looks pretty unlikely to me.

With all 3 of the big PS3 exclusives he have so far flunking sales, I wonder how all the other "AAA+++" games will do.

Around the Network

This isn't a "flop per se". Look at the other "1st week" sales on the chart. There are several on there and they are lower than Heavenly Sword. From a pure numbers standpoint, relatively speaking, that is a good start for the game. Obviously it is going to have to have longer legs than normal to make money for the developer, though, as I suspect this game is a "next-gen budget" game and will need to sell 400K+ to get close to break even.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Parokki said:
All the Sony people were expecting it to sell almost twice as much as it did, and a bunch of people said they'd be very dissapointed if it didn't do 200k, and now this is not a flop?

No, Heavenly Sword hsa been the very definition of a commercial flop so far. There's still a chance that it'll have good legs, maybe hitting 500k in the US, 1M worldwide, but it looks pretty unlikely to me.

With all 3 of the big PS3 exclusives he have so far flunking sales, I wonder how all the other "AAA+++" games will do.

LMFAO

it did 77k in 3 days, week is 7 days simple math gives you around 180k first full week.

Your post is the defenition of spining bs fud.

Yahh Resistance and Motorstorm really flunking sales.

I just don't see why this game would have long legs. If it's really that short, people are likely to play it then sell it. I can see a lot of used copies on the market fairly quickly.

75% of the people that buy a game in a week buy it the first day, this is no rocket science.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Give it another week - but the launch numbers are not great.

We *all* know its a high profile Sony title, meaning that all the Sony fans will rush out and buy it on day#1.

It would need to do 50k or more next (360 domination week?) to have a chance of survival - I just think that Sony launched it in the worst possible window for one of their games. Being short it needed a strong launch, and it just didn't happen.

BTW - what happened to the PS3 sales? Down 40% on last week? WTF?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099