By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

I don't know... how many units of a game like this have to be sold to break even? Any information?
I guess that 500.000 lifetime totals could be enough, so it might do ok. Yeah, it's got good graphics, which is expensive, on the other hand it's just 7 hours of gameplay - I'd say Heavenly Sword was not nearly as expensive as Bioshock or MGS or Metroid 3.

Dear fellow Nintendo fans, why don't you just leave the PS3 guys alone? You probably don't care for Heavenly Sword / Lair / Warhawk anyway, just like me.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Around the Network
darthdevidem said:
So we'r still stuck on Motorstorm n Resistance being 1 million sellers so far

UNCAHRTED, RATCHET - A little help please

I'm sure Ratchet will make it.  Uncharted is a bit iffy, but UT3 will make it as well.  So there should be at least two more million sellers by 09.

The break even point depends on how much money is spent of development and marketing. By all accounts, HS was a relatively expensive title to develop. Also the marketing budget seemed pretty substantial as well, as I've seen the commercial on TV a lot.

PS3 owners ... if you did not buy this game, you are part of the problem.

for the size of the userbase its not to bad, but its not to good either...

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

I was very close on my 90k prediction!!!!!!!!(read that HS prediction thread)
it came out a bit lower than my 90k prediction. told you people dont buy a new game each week, after madden,and lair I dont think many will buy a new game so soon.
we'll see the next few week if HS has a lower drop rate or not, that'll support my theory.

how low does it have to sell before people will admit it flopped?? This is a high profile game, a game PS3 fans have been hyping up for a long time and it had a fairly large marketing campaign behind it.

NPD had lair and warhawk at around 60k (look at GAF). That's why ioi lowered them.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I'd say at 0 copies sold, everyone can admit the game is a flop. Me? I'm betting Halo 3 is in that range. I lose a lot of money on bets though.

Shrug, let's see second week. I wanna see a 60k second week!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

johnsobas said:
how low does it have to sell before people will admit it flopped?? This is a high profile game, a game PS3 fans have been hyping up for a long time and it had a fairly large marketing campaign behind it.

NPD had lair and warhawk at around 60k (look at GAF). That's why ioi lowered them.

I agree 100% with you, but lets wait for at least 5 weeks before we judge it.

The real question is "How much Heavenly Sword needs to sell to make some profit?" Since game was like 4 years in the making. Two years since Sony joined in and poured money in it, so if you combine massive budged and a lot of money in promoting this title( comercials on tv, sites) you come to conclusion that it is A LOT OF MONEY! 

I have a feeling this could be one and only Heavenly Sowrd game. FIrst one counts A LOT since that first game is what makes or brakes franchise and draws fan base. To me it seems that Heavenly Sword is respected from gamers, but no one wants to give 60$ for a 5-7 hours of gameplay.  

PS3 owners get uncharted. I am and I don't even own a ps3.