By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

Everyone gets overly excited about one week of sales. Calm down -- we'll have a much better idea of the game's sales after a few weeks. Could it have long legs? Of course. Did having fewer days than most titles to sell during its opening week hurt it? Surely.

I expect next week's numbers will be pretty good because of the short opening week and we'll see normal drop off after that. How fast that normal drop off is will determine HS' fate.

Although, honesty, it seems like HS was one of those games anticipated by the Sony faithful a lot more than the general public.

Around the Network

This remindes me when one of the 1up xturds was bitching about Resistance sales to Jaffy in their video interview.

heavenly sword have long legs? you gotta be joking. Perhaps it might become the most rented PS3 game, but sales are gonna nosedive. Might be decent in week 2 and 3 but that's it.

I'm sick of this userbase crap, the sales are what they are. Games can sell regardless of the userbase, just look at resistance, Madden etc. A small userbase is not an excuse for 3rd parties either, if the games dont' sell they will go elsewhere. Go ahead and enjoy the game if you got it but 77k is very bad for a highly hyped and advertised game.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

TheBigFatJ said:
Everyone gets overly excited about one week of sales. Calm down -- we'll have a much better idea of the game's sales after a few weeks. Could it have long legs? Of course. Did having fewer days than most titles to sell during its opening week hurt it? Surely.

I expect next week's numbers will be pretty good because of the short opening week and we'll see normal drop off after that. How fast that normal drop off is will determine HS' fate.

Although, honesty, it seems like HS was one of those games anticipated by the Sony faithful a lot more than the general public.

The game was released half way through the week like most games are, so its really not a legitimate excuse.

I'm sure it will sell more units, but not any more per week than this I'm afraid, at least not in North America.

even having only 4 days on sale - HS got the top ... roughly calculated we got 77000/4*7 = 135 000 copies in a week

Around the Network

Not a single person made a "Forgot About Poland" Joke after Kber81's post.

I'm ashamed of this board yet again.

I'm still pulling for a million, but if it doesn't pick up the pace, something is going to beat it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

gunnar2906 said:
even having only 4 days on sale - HS got the top ... roughly calculated we got 77000/4*7 = 135 000 copies in a week

where do these logic come from??? its shame kids now only know running around shooting, and chopping off body in video games and have a poor logic on math.

if thats your logic, then I suggest you add up the first two days of sale for any PS3 game then divide by 2 and multiple it by 7.  bang!!!! you get insanely high numbers for each one of those games on the first week sale!!!

or better yet, use that week of data and multiple it by total # of weeks and you'll get another nice looking number.

math does magic doesnt it???

Heck, why don't we just take the first week's sale and multiply it by 52. That way we can predict the sales for the entire year!!!! Dayum, why didn't I think of it before?

Onimusha12 said:
TheBigFatJ said:

The game was released half way through the week like most games are, so its really not a legitimate excuse.

I'm sure it will sell more units, but not any more per week than this I'm afraid, at least not in North America.

Most games have a Tuesday or Wednesday street date. It sounds like this was a Thursday street date. Perhaps it would have made a 5K-10K unit difference, and perhaps that ~5K will be tacked on to next weeks sales. This would certainly make it look like longer legs.

I'd agree, though, this will likely be a big renter because $60 is a lot of money for a few hours of fun.

Who here thinks it will reach 400k sales this year in the US?

So 3rd in the US charts and only 4 days on sale is bad all of a sudden.Also it is a new IP and i think the bad press abou LAIR has rubbed off on HS which is so wrong but Sony still has exclusive games in the bag for this year:
HAZE
Ratchet&ClankFuture:ToolsOfDestruction
Folklore
Uncharted:Drake'sFortune
UnrealTournement3
Singstar(appeals to the casual crowd,maybe not on a £400/$500 console)
EyeOfJudgement
Wipeout HD

Thats a good long list for now until November, December hasnt been posted on the Playstation site which strangely enough still has GTAIV for October release here in Europe...

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)