By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Heavenly Sword - 77.445 first week- flop or not flop sales?

HS is a awesome game... it's beautiful and excellent game play. It's the game I been waiting so long for... the wait was well worth it :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network

Flop or not (i actually believe it flopped) it deserves very big numbers. I just got the game and it's AWESOME!!! I even like watching the bonus features lol...

gunnar2906 said:
Do you smartguys think I should use logarythms calculating the numbers and getting 135k in my calculations?
Or should I use the statistic raws of distribution or linear programming for statistical analysis? The most of you was unable even to calculate the correct number of days passed from the date of release. The term of sales used in calculations (3 days) is extremely small to have a huge deviations to use more precise method of statistical analysis.
I'll try to proven my easiest way of simple dividing or multiplying on the simle example of a bit more complex method. Like in a basic school with apples and oranges.
The last week of reported sales began at Sunday and ended at Saturday, right? An usual boost of sales happens at wekends. Statisticaly people spend 2/3 of their money for 'easy stuff' like enterntainment, games etc at weekends.
Sunday was not included in the last week's sales so you can easily add at least 33% to 77000.
So we got 2 unaccounted days left. Averagely the rest 33% can be divided by 5 working days to get 13%. Deviations between working days are not so important in this case. That means that we should add at least 46% to the 77000.
So we get 112 000 (calculated) copies sold making HS to be at the top of the list.
HS is not a highly anicipated title. It is a new title. It is not overhyped. PS3 has the lack of good titles for it. That all means that there was no considerable boost of sales for the first 1-2 days. An average PS3 owner can come to a shop without a high intention of buying exactly HS. It let me consider that HS will have steady and not very high sales for a few weeks. Dont forget that you here are just a tiny part of console owners (dreamers) who are a little more informed.

But this calculations wont work for a highly overhyped and advertised title when sales boost when sales are based on agiotage of first saling hours or days.

I dunno how it came but it was only 77 445 copies in the first week of sales .... the second one added 56 632: it should be .... 134 077 copies for 2 weeks... but hm ... vgcharts - thanks it is 153 438 totally sold copies...

it is ok ppl ... as i wrote a week ago - at first week the game was sold about 100 - 110 copies.

nice maths ppl =))

VG Chartz revised their numbers and Heavenly Sword is now #1 in its' debut week at 96,806 above both Bioshock and Wii Sports. Second week shows at #3 at 54,696. The third week (just ending) was just posted today and it has fallen to #10 at 32,890 for a three week total of 184,392 according to VG Chartz.

I think Heavenly Sword will easily reach 1,000,000 worldwide eventually (possibly even before it goes Greatest Hits). I'm certainly not ready to call Heavenly Sword a 'flop' based on faulty first-week numbers from VG Chartz.

WOW a week old thread being bought back up O_O

On Topic: Heavenly Sword will reach 500k max in my opinion.

Around the Network

@w29

I expect it to be a million seller, its going to sell well. Have long legs, but not much if a good start.

mM
leo-j said:
damkira said:
justincoool said:
keep dreaming damkira? 2008 is Sony's coming. We know they need $399, and familiar franchises. ms is coffined in japan. K eep dreaming !

Right, right.

Just like Virtua Fighter 5 would bring PS3 domination.

Just like Motorstorm would bring PS3 domination.

Just like the price cut would bring PS3 domination.

Just like Lair, Warhawk and Heavenly Sword would all bring along PS3 domination.

The Playstation brand went from having the record of the most consoles sold to being DEAD last. I know that must be hard for any business, even one who makes all sorts of inferior consumer electronics.

Inferior electronics?

Sony electronics have a reputation for breaking down about 3 and a half years of use. (Aka, 6 months a warranty wears out.)

@Kasz

When did that happen to you? While you were in the 1970s? At this time sony electronics dont break down in 3 years.

mM
leo-j said:
@w29

I expect it to be a million seller, its going to sell well. Have long legs, but not much if a good start.

You said that about Resistance: Fall of Man, what happened to that game? Still hasn't reached 1 million.

W29 said:
leo-j said:
@w29

You said that about Resistance: Fall of Man, what happened to that game? Still hasn't reached 1 million.

Resistance: Fall of Man has sold 1.72 million copies according to VG Chartz.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1893