By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gives 64 Million Gamers the Finger

twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
Just one more little squeak from me:

When MS has payed for exclusives like GTAIV DLC, paid for FFXIII, or even pretend they paid for a Bioshock timed exclusive, there's a large difference.

In the case of FFXIII, they are bringing the game to more people, that is a good thing.

In the case of GTAIV DLC or Bioshock, they aren't actually taking anything away from anyone since it was never promised to anyone.

In the Ghostbusters case, the game is actually being taken away from people, or at least delayed for some amount of time. The game was promised to these people, people bought systems for it (and yes, say what you want, people actually have), and people were hyped for the game, but now they don't get the game they've been waiting for.

That's why this is actually different.

Now I'm not condemning Sony, saying everyone should want Ghostbusters: the Video Game, or even upset with people that just yell OMG it's just Ghostbusters, why 15 pages!?!?!?, just pointing out that above little tidbit.

Actually I thought the original interviews with Rockstar stated DLC for GTA4 was for everyone then M$ wrote a check for 50 million for the episodes. This still doesn't mean there wont be DLC for the PS3 GTA4 though, just means that the episodes tat are released for the 360 are exclusive.

I also don't believe Microsoft paid for FFXIII, I think it was Wada thinking "bring to western audiences" with that decision.

While Ghostbusters was Sony money-hatting, maybe as I believe Sony and Atari have a good relationship so they might not have paid anything at all except publishing costs, they just secured a game they believed should be released on their brand first. There is nothing wrong with that. It isn't like Microsoft hasn't done it since the original Xbox or Sony during the PS1's generation or Nintendo when they squared off against SEGA.

I don't really know the history of the GTAIV DLC, but I'm pretty sure it was never actually announced for the PS3 so nothing really got taken away from PS3 gamers.

And MS may not have paid for FFXIII, but still, my point that the game getting brought to more people doesn't change.

I;m pretty sure a lot of GTA4 owners want the content. I wouldnt mind the content myself.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
ssj12 said:
twesterm said:

When MS has payed for exclusives like GTAIV DLC, paid for FFXIII, or even pretend they paid for a Bioshock timed exclusive, there's a large difference.

In the case of FFXIII, they are bringing the game to more people, that is a good thing.

In the case of GTAIV DLC or Bioshock, they aren't actually taking anything away from anyone since it was never promised to anyone.

In the Ghostbusters case, the game is actually being taken away from people, or at least delayed for some amount of time. The game was promised to these people, people bought systems for it (and yes, say what you want, people actually have), and people were hyped for the game, but now they don't get the game they've been waiting for.

Now I'm not condemning Sony, saying everyone should want Ghostbusters: the Video Game, or even upset with people that just yell OMG it's just Ghostbusters, why 15 pages!?!?!?, just pointing out that above little tidbit.

Actually I thought the original interviews with Rockstar stated DLC for GTA4 was for everyone then M$ wrote a check for 50 million for the episodes. This still doesn't mean there wont be DLC for the PS3 GTA4 though, just means that the episodes tat are released for the 360 are exclusive.

I also don't believe Microsoft paid for FFXIII, I think it was Wada thinking "bring to western audiences" with that decision.

While Ghostbusters was Sony money-hatting, maybe as I believe Sony and Atari have a good relationship so they might not have paid anything at all except publishing costs, they just secured a game they believed should be released on their brand first. There is nothing wrong with that. It isn't like Microsoft hasn't done it since the original Xbox or Sony during the PS1's generation or Nintendo when they squared off against SEGA.

I don't really know the history of the GTAIV DLC, but I'm pretty sure it was never actually announced for the PS3 so nothing really got taken away from PS3 gamers.

And MS may not have paid for FFXIII, but still, my point that the game getting brought to more people doesn't change.

I;m pretty sure a lot of GTA4 owners want the content. I wouldnt mind the content myself.

Yeah, but I'm sure many PS3 owners want Gears of War and many 360 owners want Valkyria Chronicles, that's just the nature with exclusives.

GTAIV DLC wasn't announced for the PS3 and then a month before taken away.

twesterm said:

Although I agree with your larger point, didn't Microsoft do the exact same thing with The Last Remnant as Sony is doing with Ghostbusters?

I may be wrong, I brought it up earlier and no one refuted it, so I'm guessing it is, at the very least, similar.

pearljammer said:
twesterm said:

Although I agree with your larger point, didn't Microsoft do the exact same thing with The Last Remnant as Sony is doing with Ghostbusters?

I may be wrong, I brought it up earlier and no one refuted it, so I'm guessing it is, at the very least, similar.

I don't really follow RPG's too closely anymore so can't really say.  :-/

Truth be told - I'd pay $$$$ for a game based off 'The Blue Brothers.' I'd love to see a video game based off of 'Blazing Saddles.' I'd even pay $$$$ for a great game based off 'Top Gun' and definitely 'Red Dawn.' 'Ghostbusters?' The original was the bomb, but it's dated and didn't stand the test of time.

This kind of reasoning by Sony is why these fools are stuck in 3rd, for the duration. I mean - they really, really, REALLY think folks are gonna flock to pick up 'Ghostbusters' on Blu Ray, and then snag a copy of the video game. Phil Harrison's chocking the last bit of life out of Atari.

I'm just sitting back and convinced Sony doesn't have a clue.

Though I am not one of the 64M or 71M gamers left out in the cold on this, I'm gonna be in the masses who couldn't care less about the game one way or the other.

Around the Network

We had to wait 12 months for BioShock, 2 years for Tales of Vesperia, we don't get Splinter Cell Conviction at all, we miss out on half the DLC released for multiplat games, and we often get shitty versions of games with very little effort put in.

And you're complaining about having to wait 3 months for a Ghostbusters game that you never intended to buy, and never gave a damn about until Sony did this. The majority of you STILL won't buy this.

If this is a middle finger, Microsoft has given PS3 owners at least ten middle fingers in two and a half years. I'm actually glad Sony did this. Give Microsoft a taste (albeit a mild one) of their own medicine.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Why exactly should Sony care about gamers that are not on its platforms ?

This will make the PS3/PS2 owners happy and can only help PS2/3 sales...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

For heavens sakes, MS did this with Rock band & another that escapes my memory at the moment. This is not a big deal!

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Bloody hell, it's just freakin ghostbusters. Worst moneyhat in history.

Sony, if you moneyhat, moneyhat something decent. Like the new Front Mission... or Magn Carta 2... or make End of Eternity PS3 only...

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/855949/mega64/videos/mega64_prt_ignexclusives_50409.html

This really just reminds me of this.