By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gives 64 Million Gamers the Finger

CGI-Quality said:
rgame1 said:
over a lame....ghostbusters game?

I'm sorry, have you played it yet? If so, how long is it? What are the graphics like, the story?

If you have no answers for these questions, I suggest not judging something before you've played it.

Good day now

Hey, he's probably seen the pics in the magazines, and just didn't see the yogurt in the franchise.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
rgame1 said:

I'm sorry, have you played it yet? If so, how long is it? What are the graphics like, the story?

If you have no answers for these questions, I suggest not judging something before you've played it.

Good day now

Hey, he's probably seen the pics in the magazines, and just didn't see the yogurt in the franchise.

That ridiculous analogy was old before you came to this thread. You can't defend someone for bashing something they haven't played.

It depends on if he thinks it's lame because of the gameplay (which he can't) or because it's Ghostbusters.  There are plenty of folks that dislike Mario, Sonic, Master Chief, and a number of other games, regardless of the quality, simply because they think the subject matter is "lame."  If he thinks the Ghostbusters, themselves, are lame, and considers that quality transferable to any licensed property regarding them, then you can't persecute him.

CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
rgame1 said:

Good day now

That ridiculous analogy was old before you came to this thread. You can't defend someone for bashing something they haven't played.

It depends on if he thinks it's lame because of the gameplay (which he can't) or because it's Ghostbusters.  There are plenty of folks that dislike Mario, Sonic, Master Chief, and a number of other games, regardless of the quality, simply because they think the subject matter is "lame."  If he thinks the Ghostbusters, themselves, are lame, and considers that quality transferable to any licensed property regarding them, then you can't persecute him.

I think saying: "over a lame ghostbusters game" is enough to persecute because he's judging something he hasn't touched. Why are you disputing this? He didn't say: "the Ghostbusters franchise is lame, or "I dislike Ghostbusters" or even that the game is not something he's excited for. He said that the GAME is lame. It's the same as if he'd said the game is the best, you can't know that until you've played it.

I swear, I'm wasting my time........

...and mine, but hey, I'm at work and I'm pretty sure that's what this forum is for.

He CAN say it's lame if the REASON it's lame is that it's a "Ghostbuster's game"...  He has qualified the statement via the inclusion of the type of game.  You are making an assumption in order to attack him for what YOU believe to be the proper way to judge something, and then telling me I can't "defend" him by saying he might not mean what you think he means...  You seem to consider yourself some kind of authority on what is right and wrong in the world of pointless internet discussion, but so do we all, and thus we all consider one another wrong.

Random quotes about this development:

"Sony publishing Ghostbusters in Europe just strikes me as hilarious. Part of that might be that I'm not really out anything - I don't live there. It's purely a thought exercise unfolding in a theoretical expanse. I seem to recall the official Sony position being that to secure this kind of exclusive was an immoral act of almost bestial desperation, but maybe that's only when other companies do it." -Tycho Brahe

"That didn't take long. Zootfly has confirmed that Sony Pictures has had all references to Zootfly's Ghostbusters game removed from the Slovenian developer's website. The prototype game was being developed for Xbox 360. In addition, the video of the work-in-progress has been pulled from YouTube." -Joystiq '07 article about Sony's first attempt to keep the game off of the 360

""Ghostbusters: The Video Game from Atari, on the other hand, has been an oft-delayed property that many doubted would see the light of day till last November's press briefing. And now that Sony has stepped in to handle publishing the title in Europe for the PS2 and PS3 (with other editions to arrive later for other consoles in the same region, apparently), who you gonna call when arguments arise to this being non-beneficial to us, the gamers?

"Here's a hint: Not us." -N4G

CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
rgame1 said:

Good day now

I think saying: "over a lame ghostbusters game" is enough to persecute because he's judging something he hasn't touched. Why are you disputing this? He didn't say: "the Ghostbusters franchise is lame, or "I dislike Ghostbusters" or even that the game is not something he's excited for. He said that the GAME is lame. It's the same as if he'd said the game is the best, you can't know that until you've played it.

...and mine, but hey, I'm at work and I'm pretty sure that's what this forum is for.

He CAN say it's lame if the REASON it's lame is that it's a "Ghostbuster's game"...  He has qualified the statement via the inclusion of the type of game.  You are making an assumption in order to attack him for what YOU believe to be the proper way to judge something, and then telling me I can't "defend" him by saying he might not mean what you think he means...  You seem to consider yourself some kind of authority on what is right and wrong in the world of pointless internet discussion, but so do we all, and thus we all consider one another wrong.

How so, I haven't even given an opinion on the game yet. How can I, it ISN'T released yet.To your authority comment, that's a lulz, but flattering.

Yeah, like I said, I'm wasting my time....

No, you haven't given your opinion of the game...  you gave your opinion of the way he expressed his opinion.  You have a tendency of doing that, so I assume you must feel yoru opinions of others' opinions must somehow hold a level of relevance.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
I agree with Twesterm and would say the other thing that annoys me about this is the proximity to the release date.

As for anyone saying Microsoft has done this before, what's wrong with Sony doing it? I would say that if you have complained about Microsoft money hatting in the past and didn't call foul on this you've officially lost the right to type M$. It's either wrong or it's not and it doesn't matter how often it's done or who did it first.

I'm actually displeased with both. As a gamer, I'd prefer having to own only one console as opposed to feeling tempted due to these occurances.

I agree with you, actually, I only pointed out that Microsoft has done the same thing in correction to what Twesterm (and others) had said. Sadly, this occurance isn't unique.

CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
TheSteve said:
CGI-Quality said:
rgame1 said:

Good day now

How so, I haven't even given an opinion on the game yet. How can I, it ISN'T released yet.To your authority comment, that's a lulz, but flattering.

Yeah, like I said, I'm wasting my time....

No, you haven't given your opinion of the game...  you gave your opinion of the way he expressed his opinion.  You have a tendency of doing that, so I assume you must feel yoru opinions of others' opinions must somehow hold a level of relevance.

Dude, I think you post just to see yourself write.

The point, how can you have an opinion on something you haven't played, three times I've asked this, and the responses from you have been about me and my "authority/relevance/posting", and not the question. It's apparent, you have no answer. Fine by me, I'm tired of debating with someone who always has to have the last word.

I would question your reading comprehension, but am trying not to be inflammatory.

I have asked you at each juncture but one question, which YOU have ignored, and perhaps here implied YOU do not have an answer to:

"How do you know he doesn't just think the game is lame because it's about Ghostbusters?"

You can't really argue with his post if that's WHY he said it, because it's perfectly acceptable for someone to see that a game is coming out and say "fuck that; I think that movie/topic/genre is lame"...  Who are you to say he can't say that?

@TheSteve

First off I agree with you, if someone thinks this game is lame in their opinion because they do not care for Ghostbusters that is 100% perfectly fine. The issue here is I believe CGI took it as a general statement. The way that quote is written does not look like it was the user posted his personal opinion.

I don't know, for some reason I see a difference between "Ghostbusters? I don't care for it." and him questioning why the writer cares about a "lame" Ghostbusters game, or anyone in this thread for that matter.

Hey I could be wrong but it looks that way to me too, but I like Ghostbusters and couldn't care less whether or not anyone else likes it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
@TheSteve

First off I agree with you, if someone thinks this game is lame in their opinion because they do not care for Ghostbusters that is 100% perfectly fine. The issue here is I believe CGI took it as a general statement. The way that quote is written does not look like it was the user posted his personal opinion.

Hey I could be wrong but it looks that way to me too, but I like Ghostbusters and couldn't care less whether or not anyone else likes it.

Exactly. But it was generalized that the game was lame and had he specified that he didn't like Ghostbusters, and thus was not interested in the game, I wouldn't have said anything. If he doesn't like Ghostbusters that's absolutely fine, it was just the way he worded his post.

If someone wants to say "I don't care for this title, I hate Ghostbusters" I personally feel as though they have no real reason to be in a thread like this other than to possibly annoy those who do care, that is why majority of the time those posters never return to the discussion, but if they don't come back then there is no reason to get yourself all bothered about it.

Just ignore them.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

TheSteve said:
Random quotes about this development:

"Sony publishing Ghostbusters in Europe just strikes me as hilarious. Part of that might be that I'm not really out anything - I don't live there. It's purely a thought exercise unfolding in a theoretical expanse. I seem to recall the official Sony position being that to secure this kind of exclusive was an immoral act of almost bestial desperation, but maybe that's only when other companies do it." -Tycho Brahe

"That didn't take long. Zootfly has confirmed that Sony Pictures has had all references to Zootfly's Ghostbusters game removed from the Slovenian developer's website. The prototype game was being developed for Xbox 360. In addition, the video of the work-in-progress has been pulled from YouTube." -Joystiq '07 article about Sony's first attempt to keep the game off of the 360

""Ghostbusters: The Video Game from Atari, on the other hand, has been an oft-delayed property that many doubted would see the light of day till last November's press briefing. And now that Sony has stepped in to handle publishing the title in Europe for the PS2 and PS3 (with other editions to arrive later for other consoles in the same region, apparently), who you gonna call when arguments arise to this being non-beneficial to us, the gamers?

"Here's a hint: Not us." -N4G

"Official" (and fan) position seems much more like: it's better to make your own good games.  So the bolded part is bullshit, stated that way (WRONGLY) to attack Sony.  Sony fans have also been pissed when it seemed like 360 somehow stopped PS3 fans from getting a game for a time.  Rightly so.

360 fans can now be pissed only if they admit it was legit for PS3 fans to be pissed about the same things.

As for the timing of the announcement, that comes down to Atari accepting it.  Is anyone suggesting MS wouldn't try to do the same out of some kind of chivalry?  Bullshit.