By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gives 64 Million Gamers the Finger

and ofr the record, i dont even have a problem with MSFT doing the DLC exclusive deals or bishock and eternal sonata or tales times exclusives...its smart, it makes sense, its not forcing anyone to buy their product only giving them incentive...not screwing anybody but just offering consumers a different/better experience...its business.

Around the Network
madman25 said:
So Ps3 will get this at one of the quietest periods of the year as far as sales go and everyone else will get it later in the year at the peak sales period?

Hmmm..wonder how that's going to play out.

Ha!  I didn't even think of that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Carl2291 said:
mesoteto said:
never can it be said that only Microsoft buys games

Any links to say how much SONY payed for it?

Exactly,

After all, the Ghostbusters movies belong to SONY PICTURES, therefore it's their intellectual property. They could easily have made it exclusive if they wanted to.It's actually pretty nice of them to allow it on other consoles at all.

So, NO they didn't pay for anything.

And if by this little deal, this guy who wrote the article says that "Sony gave 64 million gamers the finger", then I guess over the last 3 years Microsoft has kicked 64 million gamers in the face, bent them over, raped them, then pushed them into oncoming traffic.

Good job Sony :D

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

mztazmz said:
Carl2291 said:
mesoteto said:
never can it be said that only Microsoft buys games

Any links to say how much SONY payed for it?

Exactly,

After all, the Ghostbusters movies belong to SONY PICTURES, therefore it's their intellectual property. They could easily have made it exclusive if they wanted to.It's actually pretty nice of them to allow it on other consoles at all.

So, NO they didn't pay for anything.

And if by this little deal, this guy who wrote the article says that "Sony gave 64 million gamers the finger", then I guess over the last 3 years Microsoft has kicked 64 million gamers in the face, bent them over, raped them, then pushed them into oncoming traffic.

Sony can't just go back on the publishing contract with Atari.  I'm sure some deal had to go down to make this happen.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Just one more little squeak from me:

When MS has payed for exclusives like GTAIV DLC, paid for FFXIII, or even pretend they paid for a Bioshock timed exclusive, there's a large difference.

In the case of FFXIII, they are bringing the game to more people, that is a good thing.

In the case of GTAIV DLC or Bioshock, they aren't actually taking anything away from anyone since it was never promised to anyone.

In the Ghostbusters case, the game is actually being taken away from people, or at least delayed for some amount of time. The game was promised to these people, people bought systems for it (and yes, say what you want, people actually have), and people were hyped for the game, but now they don't get the game they've been waiting for.

That's why this is actually different.

Now I'm not condemning Sony, saying everyone should want Ghostbusters: the Video Game, or even upset with people that just yell OMG it's just Ghostbusters, why 15 pages!?!?!?, just pointing out that above little tidbit.

NanakiXI said:

You know that this game doesn´t make a huge difference don´t  you?

twesterm said:

When MS has payed for exclusives like GTAIV DLC, paid for FFXIII, or even pretend they paid for a Bioshock timed exclusive, there's a large difference.

In the case of FFXIII, they are bringing the game to more people, that is a good thing.

In the case of GTAIV DLC or Bioshock, they aren't actually taking anything away from anyone since it was never promised to anyone.

In the Ghostbusters case, the game is actually being taken away from people, or at least delayed for some amount of time. The game was promised to these people, people bought systems for it (and yes, say what you want, people actually have), and people were hyped for the game, but now they don't get the game they've been waiting for.

Now I'm not condemning Sony, saying everyone should want Ghostbusters: the Video Game, or even upset with people that just yell OMG it's just Ghostbusters, why 15 pages!?!?!?, just pointing out that above little tidbit.

Actually I thought the original interviews with Rockstar stated DLC for GTA4 was for everyone then M$ wrote a check for 50 million for the episodes. This still doesn't mean there wont be DLC for the PS3 GTA4 though, just means that the episodes tat are released for the 360 are exclusive.

I also don't believe Microsoft paid for FFXIII, I think it was Wada thinking "bring to western audiences" with that decision.

While Ghostbusters was Sony money-hatting, maybe as I believe Sony and Atari have a good relationship so they might not have paid anything at all except publishing costs, they just secured a game they believed should be released on their brand first. There is nothing wrong with that. It isn't like Microsoft hasn't done it since the original Xbox or Sony during the PS1's generation or Nintendo when they squared off against SEGA.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ctk495 said:
NanakiXI said:

You know that this game doesn´t make a huge difference don´t  you?

Actually, I think it does. There are a ton of people who actually want this game. Mostly all the poeple whining are the ones pissy about not getting their game on their system first. This is the bad part about only having 1 system this generation. You need at least 2 or 3 systems to make their generation work for anyone in terms of gettiing games. Typically you need a PSWii. PSPC, WiiPC, or a PSWiiPC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:

Actually I thought the original interviews with Rockstar stated DLC for GTA4 was for everyone then M$ wrote a check for 50 million for the episodes. This still doesn't mean there wont be DLC for the PS3 GTA4 though, just means that the episodes tat are released for the 360 are exclusive.

I also don't believe Microsoft paid for FFXIII, I think it was Wada thinking "bring to western audiences" with that decision.

While Ghostbusters was Sony money-hatting, maybe as I believe Sony and Atari have a good relationship so they might not have paid anything at all except publishing costs, they just secured a game they believed should be released on their brand first. There is nothing wrong with that. It isn't like Microsoft hasn't done it since the original Xbox or Sony during the PS1's generation or Nintendo when they squared off against SEGA.

I don't really know the history of the GTAIV DLC, but I'm pretty sure it was never actually announced for the PS3 so nothing really got taken away from PS3 gamers.

And MS may not have paid for FFXIII, but still, my point that the game getting brought to more people doesn't change.