By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gives 64 Million Gamers the Finger

Awesome so About a month after the release this game will most likely be in the bargain bins for 9.99

Around the Network

As had been said, Sony owns the IP for Ghostbusters, the rights to make a game were sold to Atari by Sony. Now Atari is about to go bust (again), Sony agreed to take back the rights to the game and publish it so that it will make the light of day. Why shouldn't Sony make it a timed exclusive?

64million people? Does this mean that Ghostbusters is Game of the Year?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

czecherychestnut said:
As had been said, Sony owns the IP for Ghostbusters, the rights to make a game were sold to Atari by Sony. Now Atari is about to go bust (again), Sony agreed to take back the rights to the game and publish it so that it will make the light of day. Why shouldn't Sony make it a timed exclusive?

That's just not true.  This isn't some far off game.  It is coming out in five weeks.  Atari would have no problem publishing this game on its own.  In fact, it is still publishing this game for all platforms in the US, and in Europe for platforms other than Sony's.

Long term, you are right, Atari is not in great shape. It is probably why they took this deal.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Oh no, MS better not do this with Bioshock 2.

Around the Network

64Million Gamers were going to buy this game????

4 ≈ One

Get over it... or, have a brackdown, (over GB, hehe).

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Dgc1808 said:

Game of the year Dood, didn't you know?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Ajescent said:
Dgc1808 said:

Game of the year Dood, didn't you know?

Sounds like game of the past 2 decades to me if it sells that much 0.o'

and another thing; Why isn't there such an uproar like this when MS grabs some exclusive or timed exclusive content/game?

When MS got their hands on FFXIII I seem to remember more praise than negativity from most website editors...

4 ≈ One

c'est la vie I guess. People can argue that ff13 wasn't MS' fault (like me) in the sense that SE gave them the idea not MS, better examples would be stuff like ES, NG, ToV...I would like to say TLR/SO4 but as it's SE I'm not holding my breath.