By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gives 64 Million Gamers the Finger

Last minute timed exclusive deals suck. At least with the microsoft timed exclusives people have known for a long time before the release about it.

Around the Network
czecherychestnut said:
As had been said, Sony owns the IP for Ghostbusters, the rights to make a game were sold to Atari by Sony. Now Atari is about to go bust (again), Sony agreed to take back the rights to the game and publish it so that it will make the light of day. Why shouldn't Sony make it a timed exclusive?

The Ghost Busters was a live-action children's television series that ran from 1975 to 1976, about a team of bumbling detectives who would investigate ghostly occurrences. It was not related to the similarly titled 1984 movie (Columbia Pictures did, however, pay Filmation for a license to use the name). Only 15 episodes were created.

This series reunited Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch in roles similar to their characters in F Troop. Tucker played Jake Kong (his first name is never actually given in this series), and Storch played zoot suit-wearing Eddie Spencer. The third member of the trio was Tracy the Gorilla, played by actor Bob Burns (credited as Tracy's "trainer").

Dgc1808 said: 

and another thing; Why isn't there such an uproar like this when MS grabs some exclusive or timed exclusive content/game?

When MS got their hands on FFXIII I seem to remember more praise than negativity from most website editors...

I think most of the uproar comes from the fact that this game is barely over a month from launch.  If this had happened months ago it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
CGI-Quality said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
I think it's pretty sad that some of the same folks who defended Microsoft for actually BUYING exclusives so it would NEVER come to a Playstation (or Nintendo format for that matter), are pissed off about a T_I_M_E_D exclusive in ONE region.

Well, as mentioned, boohoo, Sony & Nintendo fans have been dealing with this kind of stuff the whole gen. It's Micrsosoft who entered a race to "kill off" the competition, THAT'S trying to screw over gamers. At least Ghostbusters is coming to the 360.

Sorry about the rant, I just think this complaining is quite pathetic.

Buying exclusives? To the best of my knowledge the things MS has purchased are timed exclusives and exclusive content to make their versions better. Sony was and still is the king of Moneyhatting, so I don't get your point here bro.

My friend, are you seriously disputing what is known? I mean really...

The Same can be said about Sony in the past....For Instance Resident Evil is an Example..Tekken is another...Symphony of the Night comes to mind...and many others...The fact is that Sony would do it and no one but Sega Console owners would complain..No that the tables are turned...MS hate is popular...

What about Resident Evil and Tekken? If you're saying Sony "moneyhatted" those, are you willing/able to link it?

Yes EGM Reported about SONy contrats for these games..And I'm talking about the First Resident Evil Which was a timed exclusive...Tekken was nabbed as an Exclusive to compete with Virtua Fighter and the same goes for Castlevania SOTN......I can't link it But I remember reading about it and being pretty pissed...

Why be pissed? Why not just buy the system the games you want to play are on? I just don't understand gamers anymore...

Why be pissed? Sony screwed up Nintendos faith in third parties. Its their fault that Nintendo is primarily dependant on first party games and is picky with who makes games on their system. Sony was the first company to come in as a giant and out bid Sega and Nintendo for games. When Microsoft does it....OMG war! flame party! Microsoft attracts bitching (LOL...its true and you know it). That is the true double standard. The gamers are getting screwed this gen for the greed of corporations. If Microsoft wasn't here doing it, you can bet your bottom dollar Sony would. They crushed the competition 2 gens straight doing it. :)

In the end, there's nothing you can do about it. So rather than wasting the generation away bitching about things we can't control, just enjoy the games you have and will have

CGI I understand you...You do less bitchin than alot of people on this site and People on this site do less Bitchin than on alot of other sites..But you can't ignore the people whining about MS every where becuase they feel that Sony is the king of Consoles..I actually love that thiswar has gone back to the days when SNES and Genesis where having it out...But that does not mean that Sony Fans get complain about "MoneyHat" when Sony made it an Industry standard..If anything Ms is doing what the Industry has as Norms now...

When is exactly was this game supposed to release?

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Ajescent said:
Dgc1808 said:
64Million Gamers were going to buy this game????

Game of the year Dood, didn't you know?

Sounds like game of the past 2 decades to me if it sells that much 0.o'

and another thing; Why isn't there such an uproar like this when MS grabs some exclusive or timed exclusive content/game?

When MS got their hands on FFXIII I seem to remember more praise than negativity from most website editors...

I really don't know how you can compare a game going multiplatform (meaning more people can play it, and no harm done except perhaps to fanboy egos) to Sony suddenly preventing people from playing a game on non-Sony systems when it's only one month from launch.

badgenome said:
Dgc1808 said:
Ajescent said:
Dgc1808 said:

I really don't know how you can compare a game going multiplatform (meaning more people can play it, and no harm done except perhaps to fanboy egos) to Sony suddenly preventing people from playing a game on non-Sony systems when it's only one month from launch.

"It's a dick move Jim, but not as we know it."

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Dgc1808 said:
When is exactly was this game supposed to release?

It is releasing on June 16th in the US, and was supposed to release on June 19th in Europe.  The versions on the Sony consoles will still hit that date in Europe, but now the other versions will be released in the fall in Europe.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

So Ps3 will get this at one of the quietest periods of the year as far as sales go and everyone else will get it later in the year at the peak sales period?

Hmmm..wonder how that's going to play out.

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

badgenome said:
Dgc1808 said:
Ajescent said:
Dgc1808 said:

Maybe hes referring to square having to delay the PS3 release in PAL and NA to port the 360 version....they can say in on ebreath its not causing delays and in the next say the PS3 version is going to be finished before work begins on the 360 so you cant trust anything square says.

Just like i said when it was announced (FF) i have no problem as a gamer with games going multi, it just makes sense financially imo....but at the same time i hardly think any game, an di mean ANY game that goes for GTA, madden, COD if its announced "hey, its coming out on x system now and then x system later" any gamer or person willing to spend 400 dollars on a system is going to say theyll pay upwards of $400 to enjoy a game for an extra 6 months and not wait to buy it on the latter system.

The thing is people argueing how sony are the devil are only argueing based on some strange world where they arent taking into considerations anything other than some barebones conviction. The fact of the matter is its ghostbusters, people already know its coming to their system of choice later be it wii or 360 and in the real world its just PR bullshit so sony can say teh word exclusive and think theyre giving people boners or something, yet people want to fight a crusade for gamers? Please.

Like i said before....want to start a crusade include all real variables, the previous DLC deals that stopped me from playing through fallout or GTA, the deals that made PS3 bioshock dead in the water on arrival, pun intended...if someone or any poster here wants to write a blog or thesis on the topic im all for it....but this gen its going to be 95% about MSFT and include everything as a whole, dont bitch about this and not include anything MSFT has done regardless of the thread topic and even so the thread topic is sony screwing gamers and its completely ignoring all of the other examples of other companies thus making it on topic imo to also include MSFT doing more with even bigger frachises.