By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gives 64 Million Gamers the Finger

Well, I'm happy that sony decided to pay up for ghostbusters rather than some other game. :P

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Kids today cannot still love and know an brand that hasn't been relevant since the early 90's. For them it doesn't exist until you show them or they are lucky enough to find it. Anime owns the TV now.

That is why as they grow up they have parents who enjoyed it and find it to be something good for their kids to watch. I already know of a few people on the forums who mentioned this same thing.

I own the Ghostbusters 1 + 2 DVD set, picked it up a little over a year ago. I am pretty sure my little girl will end up watching it. Just like how little girls know what The Wizard of Oz is, even if it is over 70 years old.

Parents.

If a parent needs to buy his/her child a game for their birthday and see something like Ghostbusters sitting on the shelf, they will know what it is. They will know that it isn't bad for their children. Odds are it may be picked up.

Spot on.  Never ignoring the sneaky influence of parents on childrens knowledge.  My kids are champing at the bit to go see the new Star Trek yet they've never shown any interest in it on TV, etc.  Why?  Me - their Dad of course.  They know who Kirk, Spock is, etc. and are primed to go even though the franchise has been dead for years (IMHO anyway).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I agree with Twesterm and would say the other thing that annoys me about this is the proximity to the release date.

As for anyone saying Microsoft has done this before, what's wrong with Sony doing it? I would say that if you have complained about Microsoft money hatting in the past and didn't call foul on this you've officially lost the right to type M$. It's either wrong or it's not and it doesn't matter how often it's done or who did it first.

Blaiyan said:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/855949/mega64/videos/mega64_prt_ignexclusives_50409.html

This really just reminds me of this.

God, they're so awesome.  

hsrob said:
I agree with Twesterm and would say the other thing that annoys me about this is the proximity to the release date.

As for anyone saying Microsoft has done this before, what's wrong with Sony doing it? I would say that if you have complained about Microsoft money hatting in the past and didn't call foul on this you've officially lost the right to type M$. It's either wrong or it's not and it doesn't matter how often it's done or who did it first.

By the same logic everyone who ever laughted at ps3 having delayed ports or lacking some kind of DLC has no right to bitch about this issue.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
hsrob said:

By the same logic everyone who ever laughted at ps3 having delayed ports or lacking some kind of DLC has no right to bitch about this issue.

Precisely :)

Blaiyan said:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/855949/mega64/videos/mega64_prt_ignexclusives_50409.html

This really just reminds me of this.

That was pretty funny.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

over a lame....ghostbusters game?

joshin69 said:
For heavens sakes, MS did this with Rock band & another that escapes my memory at the moment. This is not a big deal!

I thought Rock Band was delayed due to issues with the wireless/blutooth instruments?

We can't always assume that when there's a time lag in ports or releases that it's "moneyhatting".  Most games were developed on the 360 early on, and there were difficulties porting them.  If MS convinced publishers to go ahead and release the games when they were ready for the 360, instead of waiting for its "sibling" to be brought up to speed (which, such as in the case of The Orange Box, it never was) what's the issue?

That sounds like what the issue is here...  Sony threw some cash in to make sure Ghostbusters got finished, and said "once it is, release it on our PS3...  and the others whenever you get aroudn to it".

Of course, it COULD be that they said "hey, we're helping you out...  delay the others" in which case you can only be angry with Atari for saying "F the release dates we already promised!!  We makin' money!!"

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

ssj12 said:
ctk495 said:
NanakiXI said:
Good job Sony :D

You know that this game doesn´t make a huge difference don´t  you?

Actually, I think it does. There are a ton of people who actually want this game. Mostly all the poeple whining are the ones pissy about not getting their game on their system first. This is the bad part about only having 1 system this generation. You need at least 2 or 3 systems to make their generation work for anyone in terms of gettiing games. Typically you need a PSWii. PSPC, WiiPC, or a PSWiiPC.

How much do you predict this game will do LTD across all platforms?