By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo: We're the only console producer with "powerful" software teams

Maybe I'm spoiled by the Yamauchi years but that doesn't seem like an arrogant statement to me. Look up the kind of crap Yamauchi said when he ran Nintendo. That was arrogant. Some of the things Yamauchi used to say made Sony's bad PR look like genius. I mean he told Steve Ballmer to kiss his "tiny yellow balls" when MS was looking into buying Nintendo.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Maybe I'm spoiled by the Yamauchi years but that doesn't seem like an arrogant statement to me. Look up the kind of crap Yamauchi said when he ran Nintendo. That was arrogant. Some of the things Yamauchi used to say made Sony's bad PR look like genius. I mean he told Steve Ballmer to kill his "tiny yellow balls" when MS was looking into buying Nintendo.

I always found that to be awesome.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Well yeah it was awesome. Still Yamauchi's arrogance was pretty much unrivaled. Kutaragi may have come close but he never told anyone to "kiss his tiny yellow balls".

Euphoria14 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Maybe I'm spoiled by the Yamauchi years but that doesn't seem like an arrogant statement to me. Look up the kind of crap Yamauchi said when he ran Nintendo. That was arrogant. Some of the things Yamauchi used to say made Sony's bad PR look like genius. I mean he told Steve Ballmer to kill his "tiny yellow balls" when MS was looking into buying Nintendo.

I always found that to be awesome.

I'm surprised it didn't happen. I always thought Yamauchi was crazy enough to do what he said.

This is the asymmetrical sword that Nintendo will use in their strategy of disruption. Of the 3 current console makers, only Nintendo is an integrated hardware and software company. The software designs strongly influence the hardware design and vice-versa allowing us unique methods of play such as in Nintendogs, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, DSi, etc.

MS and Sony's 1st party devs are good developers but they don't have as much influence on the hardware design as Ninty's EAD studios have.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
alfredofroylan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Did Nintendo not get the memo with all of those quality SONY 1st party titles coming out for the PS3 and PSP?

It's their financial report they're going to say whatever the shareholders wanted to hear. I don't know why people get to angry at this, every company do the same

Why? Simple.

If this was Sony and/or Microsoft we would have had 20 pages already talking about them being so arrogant.

Remember the shitstorm when Sony claimed to have the largest number of in-house development studios? It was 100% truth but they were bashed for it. 

Here however it doesn't matter who it was said to. Claiming to be the "only" ones to have powerful in-house developers is 100% flatout bullshit and they should be called out for it.

So now SONY 1st party isn't powerful? Last I checked they just released like 2-3 AAA games in the last 6 months right, could be 4, I almost forgot MLB 09 The Show which is the best Baseball game on the market. How about that for powerful software teams?

Yes, I agree all 3 of them do it, but something like this is not what we are accustomed to from Nintendo and if you think we should turn a blind eye to this I suggest everyone here begin doing the same with Sony and MS everytime they shit on the Wii instead of going ape shit crazy and bashing them for it.

Want to claim to have powerful in-house teams? Go ahead, I won't disagree.

Want to claim to be the ONLY ones with powerful in-house teams? Don't flatter yourselves.

In a thread created by another console's fanboy. Aren't you glad we demand higher of our own console's executives?

What is Nintendo thinking? If they want to please stockholders I have some suggetions: "colors", "Wii ____", "Zelda"...

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

"Most powerful" would have been wiser, saying that SONY and MS dont have any powerful 1stParty titles is stupid.

lol, look at the damage control. If Sony had said it... well, everyone already knows...

There are really good at making software anyway.

JGarret said:
noname.. everyone, including Nintendo, is an asshole every once in a while.

This.

Absolutely, indeed, this.

They didn't do the right thing, but why when someone says the Wii is in the closet you all start laughing off? It was a bad sentence, a stupid one, but it's the first I can remember from them since the beginning of the generation, while especially Sony often had a lot of time to spend joking of their rivals.

And talking about the first parties Nintendo owns, you have:

1)EAD (The best team in the world, we can all aggree on that, can't we?)

2)SPD (SPD 1 made Metroid, Kid Icarus, started the Excite franchise, they are amazing)

3)Intelligent (Fire Emblem)

4)Retro (Metroid Prime)

5)Monolith (Baten Kaitos)

6)Sora (Sakurai team)

I think they can say they're the best, don't you think? According to me that's the best first party lineup.