By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Playstation 3 in a Death Spiral?

JRPG by the time the PS3 is $99 the 360 will come with a happy meal......there is nothing to suggest that will not happen as well. GC sold ??? million and was never as expensive compared to the PS3 so please don't compare them.

Around the Network

so by that articles logic wouldnt the psp, ds, and wii be on a death spiral given that they both sold less YoY?

Answer = No

Nope!, better luck next time.

TheTruthProphet said:
MAFKKA said:
Nothing of the above stats are true outside the US. As if i were to write an entire article about the xbox situation in Japan. Would mount to the same conclusion, but then again, im not that stupid.

Horrible comparisson - Japan is almost completely irrelevent as a major gaming market.  It is not the console consuming culture it once was.  EVEN THE UK is a larger video game market than japan.

So yes, you are correct, you would be really stupid to make an article about the xbox in japan  :)

Japan is the 2nd largest gaming market

mM
Around the Network

Shouldn't have even bothered posting...

4 ≈ One

TheTruthProphet said:
MAFKKA said:
Nothing of the above stats are true outside the US. As if i were to write an entire article about the xbox situation in Japan. Would mount to the same conclusion, but then again, im not that stupid.

Horrible comparisson - Japan is almost completely irrelevent as a major gaming market.  It is not the console consuming culture it once was.  EVEN THE UK is a larger video game market than japan.

So yes, you are correct, you would be really stupid to make an article about the xbox in japan  :)

UK = 10m units PS3,Wii,360
Japan= 13m units PS3,Wii,360

UK= 23m units PS3,Wii,360,PSP,DS
Japan= 51m units PS3,Wii,360,PSP,DS

As a person with the alias of TheTruthProphet, not much truth to your claims.

Well, everything but 360 went down year to year for march. Therefore, i don't think it's a major issue. However, with RE5, SF4, Killzone for ps3, & Halo Wars for 360 recently releasing, it may be a bit worrying that 360 went up & ps3 went down.

As for ppl saying price cut, sony probably can't afford one right now, which is why they aren't doing it. And nobody here knows when they'll be able to provide a price cut either. Furthermore, you guys don't think microsoft & nintendo can lower their price as well to neutralize the effect?

How can it be in a deathspiral when it is coming back successfully in Japan and has the the best announced games for the next twelve months coming out?

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

That was perhaps the most ignorant and downright stupid article I have ever read.

I stopped reading at "Killzone 2 did not even sell 300,000 copies" (It didn't release in March...)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective