By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Playstation 3 in a Death Spiral?

Yeah, talk about a death that never comes lol.

Around the Network

Great article! Many good points worth considering. Most of the people that disagree with it are just afraid to face the reality that the ps3 is in terrible shape right now.

A price cut would create more problems for sony than it would solve, because the game division (ps3 mainly) would be losing money with a $100 price cut.

Sony has already publicly stated in their financial repot that the billions of dollars lost on the ps3 will likely NEVER be recouped.

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2219989/ps3-costs-sony-dear

Sorry about the mess for some reason everything but the text dissapeared when I posted it... Including the link

Fixed now!

it just needs to drop it's price. It's only a matter of when Sony can afford to give it that price reduction.

Personally, I would of liked to see a 50 dollar cut on the ps3 instead of a 30 dollar cut on the ps2.

Sony will be fine, however, I don't think they can come out on top of the 360 in America, but they can eek out a victory in the other territories and beat out microsoft this gen if they do things right.

Around the Network

Nothing of the above stats are true outside the US. As if i were to write an entire article about the xbox situation in Japan. Would mount to the same conclusion, but then again, im not that stupid.

I hope the PS3 does not die, i just want it to become a gamecube.

That way i won't have to buy one, until they are dirt cheap and i can play the few good games it has.

Unlike the gamecube that i bought day one and had a horrible 2002...dark days indeed.

JRPG said:

I hope the PS3 does not die, i just want it to become a gamecube.

That way i won't have to buy one, until they are dirt cheap and i can play the few good games it has.

Unlike the gamecube that i bought day one and had a horrible 2002...dark days indeed.

It has alreadt surpassed the GC, too bad.

I'd like to know why people do not have more faith in SONY!

I mean they did have 3 out of the top ten for the month, no?

I feel that the PLAYSTATION 3 will be with us for a long time!

MAFKKA said:
Nothing of the above stats are true outside the US. As if i were to write an entire article about the xbox situation in Japan. Would mount to the same conclusion, but then again, im not that stupid.

Horrible comparisson - Japan is almost completely irrelevent as a major gaming market.  It is not the console consuming culture it once was.  EVEN THE UK is a larger video game market than japan.

So yes, you are correct, you would be really stupid to make an article about the xbox in japan  :)