By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Playstation 3 in a Death Spiral?

Wasn't there a time when the PS3 sold like...50k a week worldwide or less? All I'm saying is that it's not the worst for Sony it has ever been and people just randomly freak out come NPD time. Calm down.

Around the Network
AFFLICTION said:
JRPG said:
AFFLICTION said:
price cut *cough* price cut

A price cut would bleed dry the already hemmoraging company.

true but they have to catch up some how

What do you think they want more, not going bankrupt or selling more consoles?

In this case the old addage"you gotta spend money to make money" does not apply, seeing as they don't have that much money to toss around.

MontanaHatchet said:
Wasn't there a time when the PS3 sold like...50k a week worldwide or less? All I'm saying is that it's not the worst for Sony it has ever been and people just randomly freak out come NPD time. Calm down.

Wasn't that when it was $600 and had no games?

JRPG said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Wasn't that when it was $600 and had no games?

Yeah, but that doesn't matter. There's an obvious flaw in the article right there and it shows you that it's from a person who is just repeating old rhetoric.

No its not in a death spiral
They are still selling and the games are too
So how can it?

Around the Network

well ps3 is most defenitaly not in a death spiral they have come a long way since launch and are doing fine but they can i always do better ie advertise can't remember the last time i saw i ps3 commercial

Jboy0990 said:
No its not in a death spiral
They are still selling and the games are too
So how can it?

Even the gamecube's first part titles sold well. I think you can call the latter years of the GCN's life pretty pathetic.

For lack of a better anology the PS3 is like a guy with erectile dysfunction, it took it a while to get going then it "made happy" prematurely, and the rest of the night was wasted.

Oh wait i could have used a firework anology....too late now.

That's a terrible and disgusting analogy and it's not even accurate in any way,

^^ lmao

AFFLICTION said:
well ps3 is most defenitaly not in a death spiral they have come a long way since launch and are doing fine but they can i always do better ie advertise can't remember the last time i saw i ps3 commercial

The last one i saw was them advertising LBP and The Dark Knight with a bunch of "pretty people" walking around a street corner...there might have been a PSP or two in that ad also.