By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Playstation 3 in a Death Spiral?

well its happened to me again now!!!

Being a cricket fan is much simpler and more fun
Around the Network

This again ?

yes. one of the biggest hype up and highly rated ps3 exclsuvie failed to move hardware and softare. a rts game beat it. ps3 sales continue to go south.

Do you guys ever stop making threads about this?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Why do so many people wish for the death of playstation? They've done so much for the industry, and continue to make great sacrafices in order to satisfy us gamers.

If there was no playstation I'd have to go back to playing games on the pc :O What would I play? DOW2? : / Maybe just wait for HL Ep 3?

Around the Network

@Theo - There are a lot of Sony fanboys out there who smack talked about the 360 and how it was/is going to be crushed by the PS3. After hearing all that crap for 3 years some people cannot resist but stick a knife in now it seems things are tough (relative to last generation). Unfortunately a minority of each community cannot be civil regarding the competitor, personally I want the PS3 to be successful as if the HD consoles can maintain at least 50% of the marketshare then they'll continue to receive plenty of third party support that would otherwise become focused on the Wii which is my least favoured system of the 3 (purely due to my gaming tastes).

What some of the more extreme 360 fans need to realise is if the Wii was able to attain 70% market share like the PS2 enjoyed then we'd see a lot fewer 3rd party titles, so for those of us with a preference for our HD systems we should be united towards the common goal of more quality games being available for us.

I hear ya slowmo.

This damn recession and that damn wii are affecting HD adoption rates, but on the up-side, HD tv's are getting hella cheap. But I think we needn't worry so much about third parties moving to the Wii, even if the install base and market share for the Wii is high, the attach rate is pretty low for 3rd party games.

So I think we're gonna continue to experience good multiplat HD games. It'll be the next gen again before you know it :P

I think what's really going on here is that people like to say "Death Spiral".
I mean, it sounds badass. Like something a character from Valkyrie Profile would say.

It shall be engraved upon your soul. Divine assault: DEATH SPIRAL!!

Badass.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
I think what's really going on here is that people like to say "Death Spiral".
I mean, it sounds badass. Like something a character from Valkyrie Profile would say.

It shall be engraved upon your soul. Divine assault: DEATH SPIRAL!!

Badass.

I would expect this coming from someone with a Bruce Campbell avatar!

Evil Dead, Army of Darkness and Bubba Ho-Tep FTW!

No.

Why bring this topic up, again? I thought people were over this.