By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the Playstation 3 in a Death Spiral?

theprof00 said:

nice wall ;P

EDIT: You didn't write this on a PS3 did you? It has editing problems on this site.

No I didn't do it with the PS3 I was using MS explorer. 

I lost all my links and ended up with the wall of text. 

My greatest fear was that someone would assume that I wrote that garbage myself until I could fix it up again!

Sorry I missed your question :(

Around the Network
RPG said:
JRPG by the time the PS3 is $99 the 360 will come with a happy meal......there is nothing to suggest that will not happen as well. GC sold ??? million and was never as expensive compared to the PS3 so please don't compare them.

I'm always amused to see two RPGs talking :)

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

no wait till this holidays it will be a big turnaround for the ps3 even bigger than wat 360 had last holiday season

Play Me

all consoles are in a death spiral to put it straight...only consoles that deliver stuff appealing to all types of buyers(hardcore 2 casual) will stand on during this recession.

Great so the "Lets bash the Wii" Week is over and now its the PS3's turn? Oh boy is Xbox next week?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

How can it be in a death spiral when it is still selling as much as it is? I think the main part of them not selling as well is that they do not advertise at all. Well actually I haven't actually seen a videogame related commercial for like 3 or so months. I still think it is amazing that the most expensive console is selling decently in this recession we are in. I think that it definitely not in a death spiral and can be pulled around to selling better.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

yes, the playstation brand and sony as whole is in a death spiral.

can't argure with the financial reports. Sony is deep in the red. I expect them to get bailed out by the japanese government soon :)~

agardini51 said:
How can it be in a death spiral when it is still selling as much as it is? I think the main part of them not selling as well is that they do not advertise at all. Well actually I haven't actually seen a videogame related commercial for like 3 or so months. I still think it is amazing that the most expensive console is selling decently in this recession we are in. I think that it definitely not in a death spiral and can be pulled around to selling better.

sales DO NOT equal profit.

The original xbox sold okay but they pulled it beause it wasn't profitable

The ps3 has cost sony over 3 billion $$ and wasted all the ps2 profits.

Sony has NEVER MADE $$$ on the ps3.

Bad financial planning

TheTruthProphet said:
agardini51 said:

sales DO NOT equal profit.

The original xbox sold okay but they pulled it beause it wasn't profitable

The ps3 has cost sony over 3 billion $$ and wasted all the ps2 profits.

Sony has NEVER MADE $$$ on the ps3.

Bad financial planning

There is still time...

Someone must have got pissed off with the "Wii Bashing Week" and decided PS3 was doomed again.