By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help Bring Tekken to Wii!

maybe some people don't want tekken on the wii , but is that wrong for the wii to have it . i think shouldnt be that way, if don't like it just don't post about it oh ok .

please click  dragons and eggs

Around the Network

i've signed, Wii are getting close to 1000 sig : )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Instead of making petitions and trying to get developers to waste money developing games for the Wii that won't sell much, why don't you guys just buy an HD console? If you buy a Xbox 360 there's nice collection of fighters you can enjoy in far superior quality than the Wii can do.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to await the release of KOF, MvC2, Blazblu, etc.

Graves said:
Instead of making petitions and trying to get developers to waste money developing games for the Wii that won't sell much, why don't you guys just buy an HD console? If you buy a Xbox 360 there's nice collection of fighters you can enjoy in far superior quality than the Wii can do.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to await the release of KOF, MvC2, Blazblu, etc.

Tekken 6 is cheaper than an HD console maybe!?

and if you didn't notice, developers that made the most HD projects had the most money loss in 2008

it's not random that Xseed/Sega are please with their games sales and they are therefore making more Wii stuff, same for Rocksta for Chinatown

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tehsage said:
Dgc1808 said:
I game that forces you to get a new controller??? I don't see how this can work with the Wii-Mote....

You obviously didn't have a PS1.

Tekken will not be Tekken any longer with a Wii-mote.

I dont see what all of this crap is about a fighting game that uses 1 control stick and 4 attack buttons not being able to be used on the wii.

Are people basically trying to say that the wiimote doesnt have both 4 buttons and a control stick? I am pretty sure it does. 

I? also do not see the problem in people wanting a game on the system they own, if they want it let the complain until they get it.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Around the Network

how about wii only owners simply invest into a PS3 or 360 in order to play tekken?

I mean right now both the 360 and PS3 alone offer games that are simply not on the wii so it's worth the investment....at least this method grantees that you'll play tekken on console while petitioning will get you no where in the short term and most likely no where in the long term.

Avarice28 said:
Valkyria00 said:
Avarice28 said:
sethnintendo said:
Tekken is alright but I prefer fighting games like Smash Bros Brawl than a button smasher.

You are one funny little dude....Tekken is a artform and smash brothers is the perverbial "button masher".  It takes skill to master just one character on Tekkens roster, smash brothers my little sister can kick the ass of anyone and she is 5 years old. You should choose your words carefully when talking about the gift that is Tekken and continue getting owned by little kids that love to mash buttons......this game is in a class only with virtua fighter.

How old are you?

"artform" lol. It a damn unintuitive fighting game. Thats what Tekken is. Button mashing gets you know where in Brawl smarty.

Im done though Im not gonna reply to you so dont bother.

Obviously "English" is not your language amigo, so I will "forgive" you for your transgression (artform is what I think of when I see people who know how to play Tekken well).   Button masher is what happens when you get anyone together on a wii to play smash brothers (just take the "s" from smash and well there you go)

Pretty much everyone who dislikes Tekken just doesn't have the patience to become good at it, and so claims it is a "button masher". Anybody who has played Tekken would know that skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>> button mashing.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm a guy who wanted more fighting games on the Wii, so I'm thrilled for this! Don't care if the graphics will get inferior, I'll be glad if the game keeps it core machenics.

Now for the guys who wanted a Nintendo first-party franchise to be on a non-nintendo console, I would care, but not enough to condemnd them! I always wanted Sonic game on a Nintendo console(and vice-versa) and that came true.

Now I wish I could sign the petition for the next Tekken game to be on the Wii, but I would lie to myself for doing so, I wanted KOF 12 to be on the wii as well. But for now I would root for you guys to be succesful with the petition!

Amen!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Why should the Wii get Tekken? It's never been on a Nintendo console. Nintendo isn't paying. It wouldn't sell particularly well. It probably wouldn't be very good. Why do you want it?

It's like saying the PS3 should get Mass Effect...why?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Why should the Wii get Tekken? It's never been on a Nintendo console. Nintendo isn't paying. It wouldn't sell particularly well. It probably wouldn't be very good. Why do you want it?

It's like saying the PS3 should get Mass Effect...why?

so tekken should never been to ps in the first place because it started in arcades.its a popular brand name in the interest of businessmen to make money from.Oh gosh! its never been on a nintendo console! but but..its been on Nintendos gameboy advance!-apparently it didnt do too bad since they are asking wii fans.(AND IT Heck, its been on freaking wonderswam. Why was tekken so ported everywhere omg!It shoulds stayed where it was best, at arcades! comon what a flawed logic is that.Tekken unlike mass effect, its ALWAYS -arcade game ported to home systems-.Thats why.DOh, as it was too difficult to figure it out.If players for generations paid for inferior versions of KOF and Tekken(see Kof97 on ps1 vs arcade), mmm its kinda asking dr obvious, players pay and businessmen want that money.