By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help Bring Tekken to Wii!

If you would like to help bring Tekken to the Wii, you can go to the Namco website and reply there of how much you want the game (you'll have to register first) and you can sign this petition (finally somebody set it up). 

Here are the links:

http://forums.namcobandaigames.com/showthread.php?t=5374

http://www.petitiononline.com/tkn6fw/petition.html

Around the Network

ugh..why don't you wii owners get that traditional fighters don't work on Wii? The controller does not support it. Period. Tekken will never make it to the Wii for the same reason SF4 didn't....and the same reason Soul Calibur didn't. And the same reason the majority of fighter games not made by Nintendo won't.

The console doesn't support the type of game.

I'm not a Tekken fan and probably won't even pick up the game for 360. So I'd be disingenuous, if replied that I wanted Tekken on Wii. As for Phrancheyez comment, traditional fighters meant to be played on Joysticks. The Wii actually has several traditional fighters thanks in part to SNK's compilations. Hori has Wii version of the EX2/FS3 Joystick available. Not to mention Capcom has an official Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Joystick in Japan.

Phrancheyez said:
ugh..why don't you wii owners get that traditional fighters don't work on Wii? The controller does not support it. Period. Tekken will never make it to the Wii for the same reason SF4 didn't....and the same reason Soul Calibur didn't. And the same reason the majority of fighter games not made by Nintendo won't.

1) Gamecube controller or Classic Controller Available.

2) The developer themself said PUBLICALLY, we want to see Wii owners ask for it. If there is enough interest they will do it.

Go read some more gaming news before trolling.

What Cobretti 2 said. Thanks, I didn't have to reply :D

Around the Network

maybe

Cobretti2 said:
Phrancheyez said:

1) Gamecube controller or Classic Controller Available.

2) The developer themself said PUBLICALLY, we want to see Wii owners ask for it. If there is enough interest they will do it.

Go read some more gaming news before trolling.

Yeah gamecube and classic controller works.  But you know what that means?  The majority of Wii owners don't have either.  I know about 8 people who have a Wii, and 2 who have a classic controller.  Two, one being one of the classic controller owners, have gamecube controllers.  So out of the 8 people I know with controllers, only 3 could play without having to buy another controller - and Wii owners already complain about spending $20 on Wii Motion+ (I still wish a single part of my PS3 or 360 was only $20).

What's that mean?  Bundle the game with a controller maybe...Ok, so either they aren't making the same profit on the game which they're probably selling already for $10 less than on 360 and PS3, or they have to up the price.

The developer said it publicly - Ok.  But you know what they're banking on?  75%+ of the people interested in this game - and honestly, I think 75% is low - already have a PS3 or 360.  99% of people with a 360/PS3 and a Wii will get the game for the PS3 or 360.  There's definitely an audience on the Wii for a game like Tekken, but the amount of Wii-only owners interested in this game is very minimal.  You've got to understand that just because you're a hardcore gamer with a Wii, 80% of hardcore gamers already have a PS3 or 360 and those platforms not only support the game better, they don't have to get another controller and the graphics will be better.  The developer is banking on there not being enough people who want a Wii version..if they thought there was a big enough audience for it, they wouldn't bother asking people - they would have just made it.  We all already know that strong forum support for something doesn't mean huge sales - look at LBP, KZ2 and any hyped 360 game that's not Halo or Gears of war and a ton of other games I can't remember..people on these forums think these games are absolutely amazing, yet they didn't sell 3 million the first week like the hype would have had you believe.  I'm not saying they expect 3 million first week, that's ludacris.  I'm just making a point.

Just to touch on your 'trolling' comment, I wasn't trolling, I was stating a valid argument.  Stop getting your feelings hurt so easy.

As far as SNK compilations...that's really nice for the Wii and all, but those are all low budget/low hype games.  Tekken is much more mainstream, I can practically garuntee a larger budget and as well as that much higher appeal.  Maybe that's why they put the offer out there in the first place - it's hard to guage interest in a game like Tekken, especially specifically based on a console.  The game will also be a little more difficult to port - by no means impossible - because of the graphics as well as online features.  You also can't expect Wii owners who are traditionally not hardcore (again, I'm not saying there are no hardcore Wii owners, I'm saying your average Wii owner) to go out and buy arcade fighting sticks either just to play this game.  Again, I mention how Wii owners complain about a $20 Wii Motion+ add-on.  And again..the majority of gamers who find buying arcade sticks actually worth it either already have one for PS3 or 360, or have a PS3 or 360 that they'd rather get it for.

To clarify my previous statement - The consoles demographic doesn't support the type of game.  We're talking about people who majority aren't hardcore, majority don't want to spend money (partly why some bought a Wii earlier on to begin with over a PS3 or 360) and probably most of them don't have the right type of controller already.

If the port can be done for cheap - and I mean cheap - then it may be worth it.  I just think in terms of sales, no matter how many people on the internet say they want the game, they're going to have a hard time recouping costs - this game will not sell well on Wii as it stands right now.  Maybe the profit off the 360 and PS3 will warrant them to make a Wii verison just to gain a few fans for future iterations of people who whole-heartedly support Nintendo - that's an arguement I can listen to as well.  But for all intents and purposes, a port to the Wii doesn't make a ton of sense unless it's extremely cheap to do.

Ahh, another petition from nintyfans. Cool.

Tekken is alright but I prefer fighting games like Smash Bros Brawl than a button smasher.

I think it's kind of sad that Wii owners feel the need/have to petition to get these games to appear. What the hell?

Also, considering that such a small population of actual Wii owners will ever know about these petitions and do them, the petitions aren't representative of the Wii userbase at all. The petition could extremely biased in either way.