By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help Bring Tekken to Wii!

Soriku said:
What? It's true.

That's a stupid thought to have, but you're free to have it.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
What's so stupid?

You think we'd rather have downgraded multiplats than good exclusives?

Soriku, I know you are young.... but with your vast experience in this forums.... don't you know when someone is just saying stupid S**t only for the sake of trolling???

You know there's no point on keeping arguing with people like him... just let it go

Maynard_Tool said:
Soriku said:
What's so stupid?

Soriku, I know you are young.... but with your vast experience in this forums.... don't you know when someone is just saying stupid S**t only for the sake of trolling???

You know there's no point on keeping arguing with people like him... just let it go

Yeah, listen to Maynard_Tool. He's got scruples! Although I am not trolling.

Anyhow, Wii 3rd party exclusives are fantastic! I always see them get voted Game of the Year. You'll never find multiplats on that list.

Graves said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Soriku said:
What's so stupid?

Yeah, listen to Maynard_Tool. He's got scruples! Although I am not trolling.

Anyhow, Wii 3rd party exclusives are fantastic! I always see them get voted Game of the Year. You'll never find multiplats on that list.

there's no need to be Game of the Year or sell 5m, we still play them and we enjoy them, what else do we need!?

but Wii just wouldn't mind a Tekken 6 and a RE5 either    :  P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

After years of playing Tekken in the arcades...to see Tekken 6 get dumbed down on the Wii in terms of controls would be crazy.

Around the Network
Graves said:
Kasz216 said:
Graves said:
Soriku said:
I bought a Wii and have no complaints with the 3rd party selection either.

So can you stop making it so only the HD consoles have good third party games?

Wii owners complain all the time they want HD releases on their console. Not the other way around.

That's because HD owners are in full cognitive dissonance mode.  I mean N64 only and Xbox only owners never complained about all the PS2 exclusive games either.

I've heard PS2 owners complain about not having Halo, or Resident Evil 4 (which they later got) etc.

Why?  Because PS2 owners didn't have an irrational need to try and downplay the other systems library since they had the best library and the best selling system.

When you've got a lot of good stuff, it's easy to admit someone else has something good you'd want too.

When you don't... your more likely to put up a front about not wanting anything the competion has to offer.

It's true in many facets of life.

It's not a matter of downplaying a console's library. I see a lot of posts of Wii owners complaining 3rd party developers don't bring their major releases to the Wii. Instead of complaining about every single game that doesn't find its way to the Wii, why not just buy a HD console?

My point was if you're going to make the Wii your sole console, you're gonna miss out on some of the best games this gen. There's no reason to bitch about it, don't complain at the developers, just accept those games aren't coming to the Wii.

The same could be said about any console.  However the fact remains.  This is consistant and it has it's basis in consumer psychology.

It IS about downplaying a consoles library.

@ Graves

you make me lol alot.

KylieDog said:
Soriku said:
Most don't want ports though, so it's OK. We'd rather get exclusives, which is what the Wii's full of and still getting.

Yeah but if they aren't made by Nintendo then they have a tendancy to not sell that great so evidently they aren't the games Wii owners want.

you have a point there

but if you think of it, Wii has so many games, hardcore and casual and the good ones more or less share the sales, even shovelware take away some of the sales from great games

publishers are not doing the best job on Wii, but we have some great examples of exclusives that sell like De Blob

also, it's too hard for 3rd party exclusives to compete with Nintendo's titles

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
KylieDog said:
Soriku said:
Most don't want ports though, so it's OK. We'd rather get exclusives, which is what the Wii's full of and still getting.

Yeah but if they aren't made by Nintendo then they have a tendancy to not sell that great so evidently they aren't the games Wii owners want.

you have a point there

but if you think of it, Wii has so many games, hardcore and casual and the good ones more or less share the sales, even shovelware take away some of the sales from great games

publishers are not doing the best job on Wii, but we have some great examples of exclusives that sell like De Blob

also, it's too hard for 3rd party exclusives to compete with Nintendo's titles

The Wii isn't a draw for most of the hardcore. Only some of them.