By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help Bring Tekken to Wii!

Soriku said:
First, why don't you stop grouping everyone together? It's a few select people, not every single person. I hate it when people do that.

Second, there were plenty of HD owners that complained that games like MH3, Fatal Frame IV, and whatnot weren't on the HD consoles. So no, it's not just Wii owners.

Okay, not everyone... just 99%.

There are people outside of Japan crying about MH3 and Fatal Frame IV? Weird. Fatal Frame 4 was a huuuuuuge bomb might I add.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
99%? Fuck, I hate people like you.

Also, FF IV wasn't a bomb! It outsold every single FF before!

Well I love people like you, you're nutty.

Graves said:
Soriku said:
I bought a Wii and have no complaints with the 3rd party selection either.

So can you stop making it so only the HD consoles have good third party games?

Wii owners complain all the time they want HD releases on their console. Not the other way around.

That's because HD owners are in full cognitive dissonance mode.  I mean N64 only and Xbox only owners never complained about all the PS2 exclusive games either.

I've heard PS2 owners complain about not having Halo, or Resident Evil 4 (which they later got) etc.

Why?  Because PS2 owners didn't have an irrational need to try and downplay the other systems library since they had the best library and the best selling system.

When you've got a lot of good stuff, it's easy to admit someone else has something good you'd want too.

When you don't... your more likely to put up a front about not wanting anything the competion has to offer.

It's true in many facets of life.

Can somebody please tell me where Graves is getting these numbers from. 99% of PS3/X360 owners haven't asked for certain Wii games to be put on their console of choice? Good lord. PS3/X360 fans are just as guilty as Wii fans for wanting games their console isn't getting, every new game that gets announced for the Wii has a bunch of PS3/X360 fans discussing why their console should get the game.

But that's beside my point. I don't think this guy is completely accurate in saying the typical Wii owner does not own a classic or gamecube controller. I find it amazing how people underestimate the consumer...

That aside. I'm not too bothered about a Wii variant of Tekken, why everybody thinks it'd just be a watered down Tekken 6 anyway is beyond me. Soul Calibur Legends wasn't a port of 4. And what is with complaining about the control schemes, many fighters before work fine with Wiichuck controls.

How technical is your game?

Kasz216 said:
Graves said:
Soriku said:
I bought a Wii and have no complaints with the 3rd party selection either.

So can you stop making it so only the HD consoles have good third party games?

Wii owners complain all the time they want HD releases on their console. Not the other way around.

That's because HD owners are in full cognitive dissonance mode.  I mean N64 only and Xbox only owners never complained about all the PS2 exclusive games either.

I've heard PS2 owners complain about not having Halo, or Resident Evil 4 (which they later got) etc.

Why?  Because PS2 owners didn't have an irrational need to try and downplay the other systems library since they had the best library and the best selling system.

When you've got a lot of good stuff, it's easy to admit someone else has something good you'd want too.

When you don't... your more likely to put up a front about not wanting anything the competion has to offer.

It's true in many facets of life.

It's not a matter of downplaying a console's library. I see a lot of posts of Wii owners complaining 3rd party developers don't bring their major releases to the Wii. Instead of complaining about every single game that doesn't find its way to the Wii, why not just buy a HD console?

My point was if you're going to make the Wii your sole console, you're gonna miss out on some of the best games this gen. There's no reason to bitch about it, don't complain at the developers, just accept those games aren't coming to the Wii.

Around the Network

IF a company does not want to bring a game to the Wii, then they do not want my money. Which is fine as I have not liked Tekken since 2

Soriku said:
@Graves

Same goes for some HD owners. Don't generalize.

It's the same for both groups.

Then we have a third group asking why PS3 games aren't on 360 and vice versa.

PS3 and 360 at least share a ton of games. The Wii rarely gets a port of a quality game or its typically the least desired version.

Soriku said:
Most don't want ports though, so it's OK. We'd rather get exclusives, which is what the Wii's full of and still getting.

That might be the most retarded thing I've heard on this forum. You win, I'm done, I can't talk to a person with logic like that.

edit: I"m gonna make that my sig. I never want to forget such a stupid sentence.

wtf are HD fans saying all this, it's just a petition for Tekken 6 on Wii, just don't sign it, it's not a big deal

Namco said they'll make a version if they see that fans want a Wii version, the petition is not that pointless

btw, i prefer Wii 3rd party exclusives than the multi-platform Ps3 and Xbox360 are getting, but since they are mutli-platform, it's a shame for Wii not to get the games because of the graphics

the only multiplatforms i got for Ps3 are SCIV and GTA IV, but i would buy RE5 for Wii for example

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Damn, some people are just retards :S

I'm not really into tekken.... and i don't even want tekken 6 to be on the wii.... i'd rather have a dif. one... eventhough i'm not going to play it. But i'll sign for the people that want it