By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Help Bring Tekken to Wii!

well, i have a Ps3 but i still would like Tekken 6 on Wii, Wii is like my primary and gets like 90% of use for games, Ps3 is on the HDTV which is used for movies and i'm not the only person that uses that tv : P

i also signed the petition because it's unfair for Wii to lose many big 3rd party games (RE5, SF4, SC4) and now this

also, DragonBall Budokai Tankaichi 3 is a hell of a fighter, has more combos and characters than any other fighter in the world and uses all games on Wii Remote and nunchuk buttons and takes months to master, not to mention that it's close to 1m sales on Wii

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
ugh..why don't you wii owners get that traditional fighters don't work on Wii? The controller does not support it. Period. Tekken will never make it to the Wii for the same reason SF4 didn't....and the same reason Soul Calibur didn't. And the same reason the majority of fighter games not made by Nintendo won't.

The console doesn't support the type of game.

Considering that I already have a few times wrote out my Wiiremote to the Street Fighter 6 button layout for Mugen. You have no idea what your talking about. Considering that Tekken has used the 4 button layout there is no problems i mapping. There are far better reasons than fighters not coming to the Wii.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

intro94 said:
Kantor said:
Why should the Wii get Tekken? It's never been on a Nintendo console. Nintendo isn't paying. It wouldn't sell particularly well. It probably wouldn't be very good. Why do you want it?

It's like saying the PS3 should get Mass Effect...why?

so tekken should never been to ps in the first place because it started in arcades. its a popular brand name in the interest of businessmen to make money from. Oh gosh! its never been on a nintendo console! but but..its been on Nintendos gameboy advance! -apparently it didnt do too bad since they are asking wii fans. (AND IT Heck, its been on freaking wonderswam. Why was tekken so ported everywhere omg!It shoulds stayed where it was best, at arcades! comon what a flawed logic is that.Tekken unlike mass effect, its ALWAYS -arcade game ported to home systems-.Thats why.DOh, as it was too difficult to figure it out.If players for generations paid for inferior versions of KOF and Tekken(see Kof97 on ps1 vs arcade), mmm its kinda asking dr obvious, players pay and businessmen want that money.

I still doubt this would happen. Namco isn't asking people "Hey, do you want Tekken on Wii?", this is one person saying he would consider the possibility if there was enough interest. Tekken would not sell well on Wii, being an arcade fighter not attached with Nintendo, and would probably end up being a shitty port. Do you want another Far Cry or Dead Rising?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Phrancheyez said:
ugh..why don't you wii owners get that traditional fighters don't work on Wii? The controller does not support it. Period. Tekken will never make it to the Wii for the same reason SF4 didn't....and the same reason Soul Calibur didn't. And the same reason the majority of fighter games not made by Nintendo won't.

The console doesn't support the type of game.

Funny, and here I thought all that was necessary for a traditional fighter was a way to move and four buttons. I could've sworn the Wii had that much...

SW-5120-1900-6153

Kantor said:
intro94 said:
Kantor said:
Why should the Wii get Tekken? It's never been on a Nintendo console. Nintendo isn't paying. It wouldn't sell particularly well. It probably wouldn't be very good. Why do you want it?

It's like saying the PS3 should get Mass Effect...why?

so tekken should never been to ps in the first place because it started in arcades. its a popular brand name in the interest of businessmen to make money from. Oh gosh! its never been on a nintendo console! but but..its been on Nintendos gameboy advance! -apparently it didnt do too bad since they are asking wii fans. (AND IT Heck, its been on freaking wonderswam. Why was tekken so ported everywhere omg!It shoulds stayed where it was best, at arcades! comon what a flawed logic is that.Tekken unlike mass effect, its ALWAYS -arcade game ported to home systems-.Thats why.DOh, as it was too difficult to figure it out.If players for generations paid for inferior versions of KOF and Tekken(see Kof97 on ps1 vs arcade), mmm its kinda asking dr obvious, players pay and businessmen want that money.

I still doubt this would happen. Namco isn't asking people "Hey, do you want Tekken on Wii?", this is one person saying he would consider the possibility if there was enough interest. Tekken would not sell well on Wii, being an arcade fighter not attached with Nintendo, and would probably end up being a shitty port. Do you want another Far Cry or Dead Rising?

Sure i really dont take for granted it will be on the system, however, its also much easier to port a 2 player fighting game than Dead rising,which turned dissapointing because Capcom had a bad approach to the game, and Far Cry was plain developers suckage.Call of Duty 3 or WAW or even Quantum of Solace were also ports and turned with fine metascores and reception. A port CAN be done alright,and namco is more or less a reputable developer that will have decent quality control.Hell, even the gameboy advance game looked fantastic. Even the ps2 ones were good looking. Nobody wants bad ports, but i think most will be fine with good ones.But on your question?Do i want another DR?No, it wasnt good enough.But players do?apparently sales of DR arent appaling enough to set Capcom away from the idea, as they stated RE5 might go the same route DR did.So from a businessmen idea, they do think people want.

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
how about wii only owners simply invest into a PS3 or 360 in order to play tekken?

I mean right now both the 360 and PS3 alone offer games that are simply not on the wii so it's worth the investment....at least this method grantees that you'll play tekken on console while petitioning will get you no where in the short term and most likely no where in the long term.

Why didn't i think of that?  Here was i wondering how on earth i'm ever going to get to play Tekken on my Wii and I find out all i have to do is go buy another system. 

Hmmm....I agree wity the ones that say that we shouldn't "beg" for a game. 3d parties have been treathing us like outcasts, snubing us like kinder garden kids and now we have to beg for a game? That's just sad.

I know that many would like to play a tekken game on the wii (I don't) but keep your dignity people. Don't show thee 3d parties the way they like to see us. We Wii users deserve a better treatment.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Graves said:
Instead of making petitions and trying to get developers to waste money developing games for the Wii that won't sell much, why don't you guys just buy an HD console? If you buy a Xbox 360 there's nice collection of fighters you can enjoy in far superior quality than the Wii can do.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to await the release of KOF, MvC2, Blazblu, etc.

Tekken 6 is cheaper than an HD console maybe!?

and if you didn't notice, developers that made the most HD projects had the most money loss in 2008

it's not random that Xseed/Sega are please with their games sales and they are therefore making more Wii stuff, same for Rocksta for Chinatown

Yeah, that explains why HD consoles continue to get the highest quality 3rd party games. If you chose the Wii as your sole console than you should get used to the idea that you'll be missing out on a lot of great games.

Sega has had a few hits on the Wii, but as of recent they have had modest and horrible sales. Virtua Tennis 2009 was an epic bomb and Sega was probably expecting the Wii version to sell the best. You can't blame Grand Slam Tennis because that sold horrible too. 3rd party developers are wary about putting games on the Wii because they don't sell much. Also Wii exclusives are typically low budget projects.

Bobbuffalo said:
Hmmm....I agree wity the ones that say that we shouldn't "beg" for a game. 3d parties have been treathing us like outcasts, snubing us like kinder garden kids and now we have to beg for a game? That's just sad.

I know that many would like to play a tekken game on the wii (I don't) but keep your dignity people. Don't show thee 3d parties the way they like to see us. We Wii users deserve a better treatment.

The problem is those 3rd party kindergarten games sell better than the 3rd party games you enjoy.

lol, a petition...really?