By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majora's Mask: My first Impressions

Don't forget to play the song of time backwards, that will give you 6 "days" instead of just 3 (it's still 3 days but the times go half as fast)

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
TWRoO said:

I am loving it so far.

Make note at time you will despise the game though....It can be unforgiving. When I was doing the first dungeon for instance my time ran out in the last room before the boss, which meant I had to go through a lot of stuff again, luckily because I had obtained the major item in that dungeon I didn't have to do the whole dungeon again, but part of the frustration comes from the travelling to the dungeon again... Having to go from Clocktown across Termina, then having to go revive Koume in the woods, to get the boat ride..... then I also went round the huge flowers where there are two dragonflies again (I only realised there are some climbing vines in front of the entrance after I came out of it)

I also went online looking for info about the bombers notebook, as I didn't fully understand what the blue bars were, and read a bit about the sidequest with erm , Kuji? and the boy who wears the Keaton mask (forgotten his name).... it is insanely complicated and that's only 2 of the presumably 20 people based sidequests in the notebook. As far as I can tell it looks like each sidequest will involve me stalking whichever character is involved for the full 3 day period at least.

Oh, and I hadn't learnt it when I ran out of time for the 1st dungeon, but thank the lord for the scarecrow who tellls you how to slow down time.

You know you can use the bow to kill the giant Octorok, right? No need to use the boat ride. Or you could just use the Song of Soaring to get straight to the temple...

There was a huge number of things I loved about MM (the atmosphere, the side quests, the temples, the music - ‘Oath to Order’ is one of my favorites in the Zelda series), but there were some things that really didn't fit for me too.

Timed dungeons were a big no just because I like to really explore. It felt like the game was rushing me through them. And unfortunately I wasn't to keen on turning into different creatures neither. It wasn't bad it just wasn't something I enjoyed doing. From a graphical perspective I was really surprised by how much Nintendo recycled OoT content. It was just so blatant! Ultimately though it's a Zelda title and most Zelda titles are brilliant - even the ones that don't tick all your boxes.

MM =

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Yes I have realised I can use the owl to warp now... I hadn't played the song at that time and assumed from what the owl said that the song just allowed saving from the nearest owl. And no I didn't think of using the bow at the time either.

Around the Network

Majora's Mask is the only console Zelda I've never played... I'm so hoping it gets released on the NA VC this Monday.

Signature goes here!

I never played it, having been scared off by the concept of having such a methodical game set on a timer like that. I was 11 at the time this game came out, and it scared me right off. I played parts of the game by barrowing a cartridge where a friend had already beaten the game completely (except for certain heart pieces and some of the Great Fairies), and i found it enjoyable enough

Now that i'm a bit more mature, i am willing to give this game a shot from the beginning.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My VGChartz senses are tingling...somewhere on the forums, there is a Majora's Mask love-in, and I MUST be there...

Majora's Mask was the first Anouma-led Zelda: his next one was Wind Waker. So I can understand why they have the same feel. That said, as you progress you'll quickly find that Majora's is a unique beast. The living world, the dark undertones (and not in the Cassamassina sense), the highly understated story...Ocarina of Time was the template for all other 3D adventure games, but to this day Majora's is the only game of its kind.

You're in for one hell of a ride.

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are what I consider to be two of the best games of all time. Good to hear that someone else is discovering these games.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

majora´s mask was a amazing game i loved the ability to changes in all to tribes Zora´s and Gorons are fucking awesome best Zelda story so far !!