By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majora's Mask: My first Impressions

Sorry for the spoilers, I really can't figure out how to spoiler-tag my text.

---

Actually, you can stun Gyorg with the barrier. He's invincible for a second or so after taking damage, but as long as you stick to him he'll be thrown for a loop (litterally).

Also, have you tried re-entering the Temples after beating them? It's pretty important if you want to complete the game's sidequests... Just a hint.

Around the Network
Helios said:

---

Actually, you can stun Gyorg with the barrier. He's invincible for a second or so after taking damage, but as long as you stick to him he'll be thrown for a loop (litterally).

Also, have you tried re-entering the Temples after beating them? It's pretty important if you want to complete the game's sidequests... Just a hint.

Not yet, but I will be for the fairies which I didn't bother with first time round.... I assume you are speaking of other differences.

Either way this game is immense, I have already spent around 40 hours on it (My previous most played VC game being SM64 at about 30 hours)

TWRoO said:
Helios said:

---

Not yet, but I will be for the fairies which I didn't bother with first time round.... I assume you are speaking of other differences.

Either way this game is immense, I have already spent around 40 hours on it (My previous most played VC game being SM64 at about 30 hours)

This may not be relevant depending on your response but what sword do you have at the moment?

ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:
Helios said:

---

This may not be relevant depending on your response but what sword do you have at the moment?

The original one (I was considering getting it sharpened but didn't see the point till I have the gold dust or whatever that makes it indefinately sharper)

TWRoO said:
ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:
Helios said:

---

The original one (I was considering getting it sharpened but didn't see the point till I have the gold dust or whatever that makes it indefinately sharper)

Right...I understand the need for some peoples desire in these types of games to figure things out for themselvs and not have it either spoiled or end up being guided every step of the way by some know-it-all internet user, but I heavily advise you to fully upgrade your sword. If your at great bay you can have it done now, I also fear that because of this you also wont have obtained the lisence to use goron powder kegs, which you will NEED to complete the game. To make matters worse the point at which powder kegs are required comes in the middle of a sub-dungeon and believe me you don't want to have to exit the dungeon in order to aquire them.

I really don't want to seem pushy as I repect peoples wish to experiance games from a clean slate with as little interfearence as possible, but I strongly advise you to go through the procedures to upgrade your sword ASAP. I won't tell you how unless you ask (although i'm sure you have other means of finding out how) but for your sake get it done as soon as you can, it will make things easier both in the short and long term.

Around the Network
ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:

Right...I understand the need for some peoples desire in these types of games to figure things out for themselvs and not have it either spoiled or end up being guided every step of the way by some know-it-all internet user, but I heavily advise you to fully upgrade your sword. If your at great bay you can have it done now, I also fear that because of this you also wont have obtained the lisence to use goron powder kegs, which you will NEED to complete the game. To make matters worse the point at which powder kegs are required comes in the middle of a sub-dungeon and believe me you don't want to have to exit the dungeon in order to aquire them.

I really don't want to seem pushy as I repect peoples wish to experiance games from a clean slate with as little interfearence as possible, but I strongly advise you to go through the procedures to upgrade your sword ASAP. I won't tell you how unless you ask (although i'm sure you have other means of finding out how) but for your sake get it done as soon as you can, it will make things easier both in the short and long term.

Of course I have the powder keg license... I wouldn't have been able to get into the great bay without it because you need it to get to Romani ranch to get Epona back.

Still, Ikana's a bitch (in many different ways) without a guide to prepare you (sword, Power Keg, other stuff...). It's actually my least favourite part of the game, design-wise, though Great Bay's Zora eggs were pretty bad, too.

That's awesome you're playing the series backwards, I always wonder which Zelda I'll make my kids play first.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

best game of all time that is all

links awakening best game ever