By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majora's Mask: My first Impressions

TWRoO said:
ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:

The original one (I was considering getting it sharpened but didn't see the point till I have the gold dust or whatever that makes it indefinately sharper)

Right...I understand the need for some peoples desire in these types of games to figure things out for themselvs and not have it either spoiled or end up being guided every step of the way by some know-it-all internet user, but I heavily advise you to fully upgrade your sword. If your at great bay you can have it done now, I also fear that because of this you also wont have obtained the lisence to use goron powder kegs, which you will NEED to complete the game. To make matters worse the point at which powder kegs are required comes in the middle of a sub-dungeon and believe me you don't want to have to exit the dungeon in order to aquire them.

I really don't want to seem pushy as I repect peoples wish to experiance games from a clean slate with as little interfearence as possible, but I strongly advise you to go through the procedures to upgrade your sword ASAP. I won't tell you how unless you ask (although i'm sure you have other means of finding out how) but for your sake get it done as soon as you can, it will make things easier both in the short and long term.

Of course I have the powder keg license... I wouldn't have been able to get into the great bay without it because you need it to get to Romani ranch to get Epona back.

yes...that is true...

...but my point still stands that it's a very good idea to get your sword upgraded...and don't listen to helios. Ikana is easily the most ingenious part of the game.

Around the Network

I totally agree with the original post. To me too, WW is a magical Zelda game. I love OoT but there is a quality in WW that makes it a true classic - because the graphics were done in a way that the look of the game never ages. You can revisit it after all these years and look totaly fresh, almost as a new game. Its' whimsical design is pure genius!!!

And yes, if Wii-Zelda is like what MM was to OoT I will be totally satisfied!

Master Mii Artisan 

ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:

I am loving it so far.

Make note at time you will despise the game though....It can be unforgiving. When I was doing the first dungeon for instance my time ran out in the last room before the boss, which meant I had to go through a lot of stuff again, luckily because I had obtained the major item in that dungeon I didn't have to do the whole dungeon again, but part of the frustration comes from the travelling to the dungeon again... Having to go from Clocktown across Termina, then having to go revive Koume in the woods, to get the boat ride..... then I also went round the huge flowers where there are two dragonflies again (I only realised there are some climbing vines in front of the entrance after I came out of it)

I also went online looking for info about the bombers notebook, as I didn't fully understand what the blue bars were, and read a bit about the sidequest with erm , Kuji? and the boy who wears the Keaton mask (forgotten his name).... it is insanely complicated and that's only 2 of the presumably 20 people based sidequests in the notebook. As far as I can tell it looks like each sidequest will involve me stalking whichever character is involved for the full 3 day period at least.

You mean Kafei, and yes the Kafei/Anju sidequest is arguably the most complicated sidequest in Zelda history.

Fixed.  It was the most complicated side quest in that game AND the most rewarding.

@TWRoO: I'm really glad you're enjoying Majora's Mask!

J-Favs said:
^^^ Did you get the get the reference in the song title?

The only thing about that is it's not the real "Ballad of the Windfish" from Link's Awakening.  I don't know why they didn't use that actual song.  Maybe they didn't want to credit other composers?  I dunno...

ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:
ZZetaAlec said:
TWRoO said:

The original one (I was considering getting it sharpened but didn't see the point till I have the gold dust or whatever that makes it indefinately sharper)

Right...I understand the need for some peoples desire in these types of games to figure things out for themselvs and not have it either spoiled or end up being guided every step of the way by some know-it-all internet user, but I heavily advise you to fully upgrade your sword. If your at great bay you can have it done now, I also fear that because of this you also wont have obtained the lisence to use goron powder kegs, which you will NEED to complete the game. To make matters worse the point at which powder kegs are required comes in the middle of a sub-dungeon and believe me you don't want to have to exit the dungeon in order to aquire them.

I really don't want to seem pushy as I repect peoples wish to experiance games from a clean slate with as little interfearence as possible, but I strongly advise you to go through the procedures to upgrade your sword ASAP. I won't tell you how unless you ask (although i'm sure you have other means of finding out how) but for your sake get it done as soon as you can, it will make things easier both in the short and long term.

Of course I have the powder keg license... I wouldn't have been able to get into the great bay without it because you need it to get to Romani ranch to get Epona back.

yes...that is true...

...but my point still stands that it's a very good idea to get your sword upgraded...and don't listen to helios. Ikana is easily the most ingenious part of the game.

Seconded twice.

Ikana Valley is incredibly awesome... especially Rockvale.

And upgrade your sword ASAP - you're gonna need it.  Although I think the Razor Sword is an excellent sword design - I wish it lasted forever instead of just 100 slashes... so lame.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Helios said:

Sorry for the spoilers, I really can't figure out how to spoiler-tag my text.

---

Actually, you can stun Gyorg with the barrier. He's invincible for a second or so after taking damage, but as long as you stick to him he'll be thrown for a loop (litterally).

Also, have you tried re-entering the Temples after beating them? It's pretty important if you want to complete the game's sidequests... Just a hint.

Not yet, but I will be for the fairies which I didn't bother with first time round.... I assume you are speaking of other differences.

Either way this game is immense, I have already spent around 40 hours on it (My previous most played VC game being SM64 at about 30 hours)

Word of advice for the fairies make sure you use the Fairies Mask and also make sure you get them all in the 4th temple as itll be well worth your effort.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.