By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGchartz reviews: way too nice and illogical!!!

Torillian said:
Pyramid Head said:
kirby007 said:
Pyramid Head said:
Khuutra said:
Pyramid Head said:
I definitely dont come to this site for reviews, their criteria is as follows:

Is it japanese? thats worth up to 3 points
Is it on any system other than PC or 360? thats worth up to 3 points
Its not a first person game is it? if it isnt thats worth up to 3 points

to get a ten it just needs to get the last point for being a JRPG

Now that isn't very nice at all

maybe not, not meaning to be rude, thats just how i see the reviews on this site going everytime.  i wish the score was hidden on the main page, so you could see the title, and then guess the score, because itd be so easy.

im trying now to just ignore the reviews and not comment anymore.  at least they arent on metacritic

You do have a point, maybe because this site is full of people who love jrpgs

ok, but its not a jrpg site, its a valuable resource as one of the only sales sites online.  so if you are going to review stuff, at least let it be remotely credible, otherwise why bother?  reviews with an agenda just rile people up.

Oh BS, I have reviewed many games and while JRPG's end up being slightly above the metacritic average for me, that doesn't happen for all of them.  I still think Eternal Sonata's 8.1 meta is completely unwarranted, and it doesn't deserve that high, but on the opposite end I think VC deserves better than it got.  I take pride in trying the best I can to review games fairly, and accusing me of doing so with an overall agenda is insulting and untrue.

i read the reviews, thats what i think, not meaning to insult you personally or anything.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

If we are above metacritic we are too lenient.

if we are below metacritic we are too harsh.

If we agree then what is the point of our reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Barozi said:

That is true, but then again the average is at 93 for the 360 version, meaning there is quite a big discrepancy.

Even more for GoW:CoO. The score on VGChartz is the 2nd lowest the game has received on Metacrtic. (91 average)

Anything above or below 10 points from the average is not accurate IMO (speaking only about high profile games)

What if SMG would have gotten a 8.7 or 8.5 ? Blasphemy ! Not a single reviewer on Metacritic gave it a score below 90.

Sure, from now on we'll just copy Metacritic scores instead of thinking for ourselves.

DKII said:
Barozi said:

That is true, but then again the average is at 93 for the 360 version, meaning there is quite a big discrepancy.

Even more for GoW:CoO. The score on VGChartz is the 2nd lowest the game has received on Metacrtic. (91 average)

Anything above or below 10 points from the average is not accurate IMO (speaking only about high profile games)

What if SMG would have gotten a 8.7 or 8.5 ? Blasphemy ! Not a single reviewer on Metacritic gave it a score below 90.

Sure, from now on we'll just copy Metacritic scores instead of thinking for ourselves.

Nah--then we'll get accuses of just going with the hype.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

its there review....whats ur problem? dont like it? tough.... go read Metacritic....

Around the Network
DKII said:
Barozi said:

LOOOOL

Actually are MANY scores here "copies" from Metacritic.

From the last 10 reviews, about 8 have approximately the same score than their Metacritic counterpart. (Exceptions: Dead Rising Wii and Valkyria Chronicles)

Barozi said:
DKII said:
Barozi said:

LOOOOL

From the last 10 reviews, about 8 have approximately the same score than their Metacritic counterpart. (Exceptions: Dead Rising Wii and Valkyria Chronicles)

See, DK?

Kitchen was right!

Khuutra said:
Barozi said:
DKII said:
Barozi said:

LOOOOL

See, DK?

Kitchen was right!

Which would be true if I believed the shit that hype makes reviewers blind.

But I don't.

Fair enough.

What's the problem with deviating from metacritic, though?

Ok...I'm not sure this thread is heading in any right directions.