By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGchartz reviews: way too nice and illogical!!!

I'll give this thread 3.2/10

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

Theres reviews ????

I guess since other contributors (and Benga!) have shown up it's okay to say more.

You can't expect reviewers to all necessarily be on the same wavelength - there isn't something like a 10% margin of error under which reviews absolutely have to fall. That would be ridiculous. I understand that game reviewers are the critics who tend to have the most closely aligned opinions, but that is not the norm for criticism and it isn't necessarily right. There is no objective standard of quality in art.

It's a given that opinions on games are goign to differ within the staff, too, but we respect each other as critics enough to not fight about it. We, as reviewers, speak for ourselves first. There is no VGChartz party line that we adhere to.

Pyramid Head said:
kirby007 said:
Pyramid Head said:
Khuutra said:
Pyramid Head said:
I definitely dont come to this site for reviews, their criteria is as follows:

Is it japanese? thats worth up to 3 points
Is it on any system other than PC or 360? thats worth up to 3 points
Its not a first person game is it? if it isnt thats worth up to 3 points

to get a ten it just needs to get the last point for being a JRPG

Now that isn't very nice at all

maybe not, not meaning to be rude, thats just how i see the reviews on this site going everytime.  i wish the score was hidden on the main page, so you could see the title, and then guess the score, because itd be so easy.

im trying now to just ignore the reviews and not comment anymore.  at least they arent on metacritic

You do have a point, maybe because this site is full of people who love jrpgs

ok, but its not a jrpg site, its a valuable resource as one of the only sales sites online.  so if you are going to review stuff, at least let it be remotely credible, otherwise why bother?  reviews with an agenda just rile people up.

Oh BS, I have reviewed many games and while JRPG's end up being slightly above the metacritic average for me, that doesn't happen for all of them.  I still think Eternal Sonata's 8.1 meta is completely unwarranted, and it doesn't deserve that high, but on the opposite end I think VC deserves better than it got.  I take pride in trying the best I can to review games fairly, and accusing me of doing so with an overall agenda is insulting and untrue.

Now Tor, he didn't name you. Don't kill him.

Yet, anyway.

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
Khuutra said:
Pyramid Head said:
I definitely dont come to this site for reviews, their criteria is as follows:

Is it japanese? thats worth up to 3 points
Is it on any system other than PC or 360? thats worth up to 3 points
Its not a first person game is it? if it isnt thats worth up to 3 points

to get a ten it just needs to get the last point for being a JRPG

Now that isn't very nice at all

maybe not, not meaning to be rude, thats just how i see the reviews on this site going everytime.  i wish the score was hidden on the main page, so you could see the title, and then guess the score, because itd be so easy.

im trying now to just ignore the reviews and not comment anymore.  at least they arent on metacritic

Don't you worry about that--we will be, soon  

I don't feel the need to justify any of my scores in this thread, so I won't.  That said, like Louie said, you review a game in comparison with the system it's on.  Mario Galaxy or Brawl are literally some of the best games on Wii.  Hence the high scores.  Has the OP seen the Alone in the Dark review?  That is a heavily flawed game, and he gave it its desered score of 4.0.  What's the problem?

Anyway, I think this thread calls for a link to my very first news article: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1099

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Tremble said:
@twesterm: you only made one review...

But I like your style ;)

I've made several reviews (though only one for the site) and would love to make more, I just rarely have time to finish a game in a timely manner.  But all that will change soon! ^^

twesterm said:
Tremble said:
@twesterm: you only made one review...

But I like your style ;)

I've made several reviews (though only one for the site) and would love to make more, I just rarely have time to finish a game in a timely manner.  But all that will change soon! ^^

It's okay twesterm, I'll pick up your slack, and like all those games you hate

I want more Twesterm reviews...
Also, Torillian seems to have a LOT of fair reviews.
I do have to say though that a lot of the reviews have been fair, even if there is the odd bubble (Dead Rising Wii).
But aint this the same with all sites?

Seriously... give the guys some credit for actually DOING the reviews and giving the site some more features.

@Louie: now that I've read your post, I understand everything, thank you.