By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

Honestly, I severely doubt the chances of a GTA5 at all this generation. The time difference between GTA3 and GTA4 was seven years. So right there pretty much makes any argument saying that GTA5 will be on the PS3 OR the xbox 360 moot at this point.

Just to seal the deal.

Grand Theft Auto - PC (1997)
Grand Theft Auto 2 - PSOne - 1999
Grand Theft Auto 3 - PS2 - 2001
Grand Theft Auto 4 - PS3/Xbox 360 - 2008

Notice the trend?

It's far more likely that we'll see either a GTA: (City name), or a bunch of DLC for GTA4. Outside of the 2 episodes that are being made for the xbox 360.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network
kramikosi said:

Well, gta BELONGS to the ps system,  bill gates or whoever flashed his freekin money infront of R*.

It's on the PS3. Y R U mad? Be mad at R* - they took the cash.

dougal10 said:
i worked on a game recently wot was released in the last week on 360 and ps3 only, and we had to cut parts on the 360 version because we couldnt get the ps3 verison running at the same refresh rate also its so expensive in time to program and decode tht the game suffered, companys have to make money so y make an over expensive game to 20 mill consoles wen u can make a game on an easier console to program and port it over as a multi platform there is 8 million more xboxs, and mgs4 is an exclusive due to the fact tht a contract was signed wen the ps and ps2 was at there heights if the do follow on the seris 100% be a multi platform just like gears of war 3

You said you worked on a game. With the amount of grammatical errors, it must have been a class project for your 3rd grade class. If you are an adult, lawd, you need to think about going back to school.

And speaking of - if this is you: VG Charts Newbie
Created: Today
Last login: Today
Profile views: 9
Forum posts: 3
Posts / Day: 3.00

You happened to create an account just to comment on this thread? I call BS, homes.

@ Nightstriker - R* said they could have another GTA out by the end of the year. I'll find the link for you.

gergroy said:
This argument is dumb, of course it is about the money. Look at the former generation of GTA's. Technically the original Xbox is a much better piece of hardware than the ps2, but did they make GTA exclusively for the Xbox because they could make a better game? no, they made it for the ps2 because they would make more money that way, and like I said earlier, even those games eventaully made it to the original Xbox, so it's not like they were anything more than timed exclusive's anyway. This thread is full of stupid fan boy crap.

The whole argument of mgs4 not being possible on the 360 is a load of horsecrap as well. The guy from intel that designed both the processers in the consoles has said many times that they are almost equivelent in processing power. The GPU on the 360 is technically better, the only limitation the 360 has compared to the ps3 is the disc size. Which for MGS4, a game that would be incredibly easy to split up into multiple discs because it is a very linear experience, it is very possible for it to be made on the 360 and probably will happen eventually.

Truth be told, R* originally went to MS with GTA III first, and offered them exclusivity FIRST, not Sony. MS didn't want to be associated with the game and the violence, so they passed on it.

Microsoft could have had Grand Theft Auto III on Xbox first if a third-party publishing initiative called "The Star Chamber" hadn't turned down a Rockstar proposal, author Dean Takahashi claims in his new book, The Xbox 360 Uncloaked.

In an extract published on 1UP, Takahashi reports that under J Allard's direction, The Star Chamber - a group of game managers organised to evaluate game proposals sent to Microsoft - turned down a GTA III proposal, returning it with suggestions to "beef up" the game.

Rockstar went on to create the game exclusively for PlayStation 2, and it didn't appear on Xbox until much later - by which time the GTA brand was firmly associated with PS2. Further installments launched first on the Sony format.

Takahashi said: "It wasn't Microsoft's kind of game, since it was a gritty crime game with foul language, abusive treatment of women, and cop killing. Microsoft had a corporate image to maintain and, like Electronic Arts, it avoided that category."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150474

Lol.

Stop making these threads, please. You've gone and gotten yourself banned again

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

How many people just got banned because of this thread?

Alas MM brother you caused more trouble

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

madskillz said:
gergroy said:
This argument is dumb, of course it is about the money. Look at the former generation of GTA's. Technically the original Xbox is a much better piece of hardware than the ps2, but did they make GTA exclusively for the Xbox because they could make a better game? no, they made it for the ps2 because they would make more money that way, and like I said earlier, even those games eventaully made it to the original Xbox, so it's not like they were anything more than timed exclusive's anyway. This thread is full of stupid fan boy crap.

The whole argument of mgs4 not being possible on the 360 is a load of horsecrap as well. The guy from intel that designed both the processers in the consoles has said many times that they are almost equivelent in processing power. The GPU on the 360 is technically better, the only limitation the 360 has compared to the ps3 is the disc size. Which for MGS4, a game that would be incredibly easy to split up into multiple discs because it is a very linear experience, it is very possible for it to be made on the 360 and probably will happen eventually.

Truth be told, R* originally went to MS with GTA III first, and offered them exclusivity FIRST, not Sony. MS didn't want to be associated with the game and the violence, so they passed on it.

Microsoft could have had Grand Theft Auto III on Xbox first if a third-party publishing initiative called "The Star Chamber" hadn't turned down a Rockstar proposal, author Dean Takahashi claims in his new book, The Xbox 360 Uncloaked.

In an extract published on 1UP, Takahashi reports that under J Allard's direction, The Star Chamber - a group of game managers organised to evaluate game proposals sent to Microsoft - turned down a GTA III proposal, returning it with suggestions to "beef up" the game.

Rockstar went on to create the game exclusively for PlayStation 2, and it didn't appear on Xbox until much later - by which time the GTA brand was firmly associated with PS2. Further installments launched first on the Sony format.

Takahashi said: "It wasn't Microsoft's kind of game, since it was a gritty crime game with foul language, abusive treatment of women, and cop killing. Microsoft had a corporate image to maintain and, like Electronic Arts, it avoided that category."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150474

Dean Takahashi

E-mail: deantaka@gmail.com

He is the author of two books, "The Xbox 360 Uncloaked" published in 2006 and "Opening the Xbox" published in 2002. He lives in the suburbs of San Jose and is an avid gamer. His favorite game is Halo.

that 360's 3d motion sensing is going to kill Nintendo.

That guy is a complete joke, total MS undercover agent

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

This threadv is why frankly, I never read the HD forums. You never see such this kind of name calling retardism and general lameness on the Wii or PC forums. I mean we have people yelling at each other, one guy who can't even form a coherent post, and the biggest illogical topic in history. This is really sad, and I'm sorry to say illustrates exactly what turns the mainstream off of gaming. Grow up, get a life, and suddenly screaming at people online over gaming will seem far less important.

Sorry guys I'm gonna go back to the "kiddy" forum, where people act mature.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:
This threadv is why frankly, I never read the HD forums. You never see such this kind of name calling retardism and general lameness on the Wii or PC forums. I mean we have people yelling at each other, one guy who can't even form a coherent post, and the biggest illogical topic in history. This is really sad, and I'm sorry to say illustrates exactly what turns the mainstream off of gaming. Grow up, get a life, and suddenly screaming at people online over gaming will seem far less important.

It's called retardation, not retardism. I doubt there are any retards in here, just retarded posts that aren't well thought out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
averyblund said:

It's called retardation, not retardism. I doubt there are any retards in here, just retarded posts that aren't well thought out.

Hence my use of retardism, because it references the action not the individual. i.e "acting retarded". Urban dictionary has a nice definition.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256