By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

Well, gta BELONGS to the ps system, god damn bill gates or whoever flashed his freekin money infront of R*.

2 reasons for 360 sales.

Cheap arcade version, wich the mom buys for the kids.

And microsoft's wallet.

Around the Network

GTA4 was very over hyped. While it would be interesting to see a game fully take advantage of the Blu-ray at it's disposal (Especially a game like GTA). I think Rockstar would be wasting their money.

I personally, won't be making the same mistake of buying GTA5. Rent only for those games from now on.

1st how would a multi disc work on a open world game??? you change disc every time you drive from one island to another in GTA?

2nd GTA will not be exclusive to any console...unless MS or sony offers Rockstar a brief case full of gold bars.

3rd I hope the next GTA won't be a disappointment like GTA4.

Lastgengamer said:
Well for the absolute best experience. GTA 5 should be made for PC first.

but pc are not has teh blues reyes

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

i wish -_- if the ps3 sold like the wii (how it should of been) then yeah.... but rockstar needs the 360 to bring them more money and sales.

Around the Network

I think it's more likely to be 360 exclusive if it's exclusive

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Off topic: Damn. 2 days in and he's banned again (megaman2).

On-topic: Probability of GTA5 being exclusive on any console = Zero.

Why? well given the hype and sales, I doubt Sony would let MS take this, one of last gens most important franchises for themselves (I bet you they are kicking themselves about Lost and Damned now) AND MS went to so much trouble to get GTA4 and DLC, why would they give it up now?

NJ5 said:
Yeah I can hear Rockstar saying "let's make one of the biggest franchises in gaming exclusive to the 3rd place console". Wake up guys.

Dude, I couldn't have said it better. +1.

Skeeuk said:
not many know but +rockstar offered sony gta4 exclisivity..........rep stated it wasnt business sence so i doubt gta5 wil be 1 console exclusive.........but i am looking forward to the brand new ps3 only rockstar franchise, i predict we will hear of it at e3

Link? Oh, I'm sorry. UR banned.

Gamer4eva said:
seece said:
Gilgamesh said:
seece said:
Riight .. you know companys exist to make money. I'm sure they're not going to turn down the millions of copys that could be sold on the 360.

If GTA5 is going exclusive ... it will be 360 exclusive.

How do you explain Konami making MGS 4 exclusive? or how so many companys make games for the PS360 but not the Wii?

OT: They would be able to do much more greater things if it was PS3 exclusive, or like others said make the X360 version multiple disk.

Stupid move by Konami. They could have made the PS3 version and then ported down to the 360. It would have resulted in more sales.

Stupid? No. Not everyone cares JUST about the money, u shouldn't do a job solely for the money. Konami and Kojima wanted to make the best game possible and for that they needed to do it only for the PS3, and that applies for every game really as the PS3 offers miles more space and a hell of a lot more graphical and computing power. So no, it wasn't stupid, rather the opposite.

Well tell me this. If R* didn't care about $$$, then why did they:

Accept $50M from MS for two episodes exclusive to the 360 - and not just turn down the money and say 'No, we value the PS3 more than the 360 and we are creating extra episodes for the PS3 only.' Uh, yeah right.

You should look at this logically. Many companies are in biz to make money. MS moneyhatting devs pays for missed sales on other consoles, while insuring extra sales on their console.

There are some devs that believe wholeheartedly in the PS3 and will release PS3 exclusive games. That's cool. But when you release a game on one console, you better make sure there are enough sales to insure it will break even - or risk the Haze effect - and enjoy the soup-kitchen line for a while.

The almighty dollar, not Sony loyalty, runs R*. GTA 5 on the PS3 only - especially with it being in last place - and that's amazing, even though R* said the complete experience is on the 360. Need a link? I'll post it.