By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

I'm a PS3 only owner but I would like the next GTA to be multi-plat simply because of the bigger potential profit that leads to bigger budget.

Multi-discs with mandatory installs X360 version might be an option but not the best and only option.

Certainly keeping the game in a single DVD9 will limit the game way too much like GTA4 is suffering. And I don't want this to happen again that limits the potential of the next GTA.

Even though GTA4 can get a little boring at times with the repetitive missions, it is still a good game for this gen.

Around the Network

Today's cryptic answer.

What megaman2 has said in his original post isn't far fetched.

So far, it's coming together very very nicely.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

No chance GTA 5 will be PS3 exclusive. GTA IV on X360 has outsold GTA IV on PS3 by a wide margin, over one million copies of GTA IV X360 over 6 million versus PS3 GTA IV over 5 million. Making GTA 5 PS3 exclusive would be throwing money away and losing out on huge profits due to the software selling giant that is X360.

numonex said:
No chance GTA 5 will be PS3 exclusive. GTA IV on X360 has outsold GTA IV on PS3 by a wide margin, over one million copies of GTA IV X360 over 6 million versus PS3 GTA IV over 5 million. Making GTA 5 PS3 exclusive would be throwing money away and losing out on huge profits due to the software selling giant that is X360.

While I don't think there is a shot in hell of this happening.  There is one big reason it sold more on 360 than PS3 (Besides the obvious American user base).  The 'special' Downloadable content.  Most people opted for the 360 version especially for how good the game was said to be.

there are no chances that the next game is going to be single system exclusive..

the chances of it coming out on the wii(not exclusive though) are much higher than it coming out exclusively on the ps3 simply because of the install bases

hello how are you.

Around the Network
numonex said:

Timed is the key wording.

/enjoy PS3 gamers

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

There is no way EVER that GTA5 will be exclusive to PS3 or X360. It would be an absolutely retarded business decision and that is it. Seriously, people that start topics like these should be banned from all media.

If you honestly think this is even a remote possibility, even as a timed exclusive, I have a bunch of windows for you to lick.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

FastFord58 said:

There is no way EVER that GTA5 will be exclusive to PS3 or X360. It would be an absolutely retarded business decision and that is it. Seriously, people that start topics like these should be banned from all media.

If you honestly think this is even a remote possibility, even as a timed exclusive, I have a bunch of windows for you to lick.

I agree but some times businesses really make retarded decisions. Look at SE. =)

Sony's not in a position to pay for exclusive content, never mind an exclusive game. So unless Rockstar simply wants to return to being Sony's pet again, a Sony console exclusive would be highly unlikely. Squilliam hit it on the head too, development for a GTA5, if not already started, wouldnt see the light of the day till 2012, knowing how Rockstar rolls.

I think GTA V will not come out on ether system. GTA vice (or some other name) will be released on the PS3 and 360 as they did with the last lot

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups