By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA 5 To Be PS3 Bound? By Megaman2

Yeah I can hear Rockstar saying "let's make one of the biggest franchises in gaming exclusive to the 3rd place console". Wake up guys.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
gergroy said:
This argument is dumb, of course it is about the money. Look at the former generation of GTA's. Technically the original Xbox is a much better piece of hardware than the ps2, but did they make GTA exclusively for the Xbox because they could make a better game? no, they made it for the ps2 because they would make more money that way, and like I said earlier, even those games eventaully made it to the original Xbox, so it's not like they were anything more than timed exclusive's anyway. This thread is full of stupid fan boy crap.

The whole argument of mgs4 not being possible on the 360 is a load of horsecrap as well. The guy from intel that designed both the processers in the consoles has said many times that they are almost equivelent in processing power. The GPU on the 360 is technically better, the only limitation the 360 has compared to the ps3 is the disc size. Which for MGS4, a game that would be incredibly easy to split up into multiple discs because it is a very linear experience, it is very possible for it to be made on the 360 and probably will happen eventually.

This + NJ5 post = Gold

gNJ5 said:
Yeah I can hear Rockstar saying "let's make one of the biggest franchises in gaming exclusive to the 3rd place console". Wake up guys.

Let them dream.  It'll happen on the same day they announce Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 14, Call of Duty 6, etc as all PS3 exclusives because companies won't care about budgets or sales anymore and it'll all be about cramming Blu-ray full of content to satisfy PS3 owners.  Imagine what GTAV will be like if they pour 150-200 million into it to fill up a Blu-ray disc with a city with 2-3 times the amount of content as GTAIV.  Who am I kidding, why not pour 300-400 million into it?  The PS3 could easily sell the 20 million or whatever copies it would need to break even and the rest would be all gravy.  Maybe it could even get us out of the current global financial crisis by employing enough people to work on it.  Lets just ignore GTA4 and call this game GTA 4D.

axumblade said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
axumblade said:
NSS7 said:
Why don't just make multidisc for X360 ver?

I've always heard that MS charges the developer for every extra DVD that needs to be used. Could just be an urban legend though. Either way, terrible idea to put the game on 1 console. Both games added together have sold over 12 million copies and are respectively the highest selling PS3 game and 3rd highest 360 game. 4 and 6 million are great sales for both.

From what i've heard from devs it's much easier, cheaper and less time consuming to develop on the 360.

oh. I'm terribly sorry. I wasn't aware that you talk to the developers of the games on a one on one basis.

Your sarcasm sucks. Never spoken to them, but i've read old gaming articles, especially with some devs admitting it was easier and less time consuming to make the same product they give on the PS3 to the 360 however it will come at a price with disc space. Alot of pro PS3 devs said they were ducking out. I don't think thats the case, but eh it's all opinions.

The 360 version sold significantly better than the PS3 version mostly because R* annouced before launch that the 360 version would have exclusive download content. Unless you only had the PS3 at the time or never want to get a 360, the choice of which version to get is rather obvious.

Whether GTAV will be exclusive to the PS3 or not depends on R*. However, assuming that GTAV is indeed PS3 exclusive, how many people do you think would rather wait for news of a 360 port than buying a PS3 just for this game if it turns out to be significantly better than GTAIV? I honestly don't think many would be that stubborn. Therefore, R* should not be worrying about the money they might miss out on.

Around the Network

Am I the only one who doesn't think GTA5 will be released this generation?

megaman2 said:
NSS7 said:
Why don't just make multidisc for X360 ver?

Great analysis but this will downgrade the x360 version, and multi-disc games are last gen my friend

There is an irony to someone with the user name "megaman2" and who has Michael Jackson as his avatar, complaining something is "last gen".  To round out the irony, he used the term "my friend" which is very much like what John McCain said during the 2008 election.

hehe ^

But! I thought GTA4 Sucked nuts? I thought it was over hyped/garbage? But now you guys want it exclusive LMAO.

Well for the absolute best experience. GTA 5 should be made for PC first.