By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Potential Triple A games that turned bad (this gen)

LAIR

And although it was just a few points shy, I think Burnout Paradise really deserved the title of Triple A

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Assasins Creed : Too boring , too repetitive and i actually bought it >_

MontanaHatchet said:
Barozi said:
This thread fails miserably.

Infinite Undiscovery, Quantum of Solace, Sonic Unleashed & NFS were never considered to be potential AAA titles.

Blue Dragon, Resident Evil 5, Perfect Dark Zero, Lost Odyssey, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Left 4 Dead, Resistance 2, Oblivion, Fable 2 and Assassin's Creed did NOT turn out bad.

People should stop call games bad just because they haven't met their high standards. I thought Burnout Paradise would be pure awesomeness, but it was a dissapointment for me. However that doesn't mean it's bad.

I think many of the people here did not play one game which really sucked, when they call Fallout 3 or Super Smash Brothers Brawl bad.

Makes me almost sad, when they cannot even enjoy an only "decent" game.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but how about putting forth your own damn opinion before criticizing those of others? You may not agree with me, which is fine, but I'd at least like to see what you think first. For all your remarks, you missed the whole point. Like I said, my standards of AAA are a lot more loose than other people. I was only talking about games that had potential to be good, not whatever games get hyped on Gametrailers or meet some arbritrary Gamerankings/Metacritic average. Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Perfect Dark Zero (and others) weren't necessarily bad games, but they definitely didn't meet their potential, hype or promise.

Makes me almost sad, when someone comes in to criticize other people and doesn't display much reading comprehension.

Sure but you answered directly to the OP's question: "which potential triple A games turned bad? "

In your other posts I saw what your definition of "AAA" is. However you did not clarify, that you don't neccessarily consider the games you've listed as bad, which differs from the main question.

I honestly can't list one single game, because all of the titles I expected to be great (or the fans expected to be great) were awesome to me or at least decent, which is maybe a dissapointment, but that's it.

But I don't want to end this post without naming at least one game, which comes as close as possible to the OP's question and I really expected to be awesome, which turned out very mediocre (still not bad):

The Last Remnant

Haze
Red Steel
Lair
Too Human
Sonic Unleashed

I have hope for RS2 and Sonic and the Black Knight, though.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Does the New Xbox experience count? that was so hyped but it faled so epically is alot of ways. Dont get me wrong it had some good features such as installing games to the hard drive but avatars and other things failed badly

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

SPORE

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
SPORE

Only one person said this?! It should be on everyone's list...

Oh, and while the OP named plenty, I'd echo Red Steel. So much wasted potential.

Haze

RedHarvest said:

SSBB (don't believe the review scores, it falls short)
Left 4 Dead (too short, not enough levels or incentives to keep playing for an online game)
Resistance 2 (didn't live up to the promise for mutiplayer and online)

These games aren't bad, but with a little more work they could have been great.

What? 

I know I'm probably just feeding the troll here but how does one of the most complete games *ever* fall short?  The only part it even came close to lacking was the online and it was at least passable and not bad if you're playing with friends, everything else was perfection.

Whoops, forgot my answer, I'm going to skip the obvious ones since they've been said 100 times:

• Star Wars: The Force Unleashed:  I don't know why I expected so much from this game but I was disappointed.  It just wasn't good for a long amount of time and by the time I was finished with it I was just mashing buttons and not paying attention.
  • Mass Effect: Excellent game except for the bugs and incredibly shitty frame rate which really ruined it for me.
  • Alone in the Dark: This game was just bad.
  • Spore: Even if I didn't expect the (literal) universe from this game it still wouldn't have been a disappointment.  It seemed like 5 quickly slopped together games in one with an in depth creature creator that took half a decade to make.