By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Potential Triple A games that turned bad (this gen)

Tremble said:
- Lair: I was so hyped about this game. Probably my first deception this gen. Terrible control, lag, boring missions and weird chara design. Too bad.

- Haze: Nice story, correct level design and cool esthetic but poor gameplay, terrible realisation and shitty multiplayer modes. But I still think this game had the potential to be one of the best FPS this gen (with more time, money and talented devs).

- Blue dragon: this game could have been the perfect traditional Jrpg! But: boring, boring and boring, I still don't know what happened!

- Sonic unleashed: stunning speed levels! Sega finally understood what we wanted! Then they decided to add beat em all levels to the game...

- Resident Evil 5: We thought that RE4 sequel could only be great! We were wrong, Psone era gameplay, poor atmosphere, it's not scary anymore.

What do u think? According to you, which potential triple A games turned bad?

Haze had BAD story, OK lvl desing, Ok gameplay,Ok multiplayer.

Blue dragon was just game with Akira Toriyma and Xbox360 on it.

Sonic...Please.

Res 5:Wtf man it hasn't even come out yet...Don't let the demo fool you,it was pretty solid but most of demos just leave bad impression,while game could be great (Valkyira Crhonicles,Uncharted).Think Killzone 2 demo.

Lair is worst.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

I don't know why Lair was supposedly so hyped. I can't speak for everyone but I never knew Lair existed before I started visiting this site.

But I agree with Haze, BD, SU, and especially RE5 the controls are so terrible and its not scary, or even that good.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

So much fail in here... Brawl???? Yeah rite. Quantum of solace, Deadly creatures, Need for speed (WTF) considered to be AAA???? give me some of that bro.... RE5?????? Hasn't even come out..... Sonic??? since when a sonic game (lately) is expected to be an AAA????

Please!!!!

Games that were supposed to be AAA and suck

LAIR, HAZE, Assassin's creed, in some sense Red Steel (i liked it...didn't love it or think that is was the s**t, just an ok game)..... and i guess that's it...  Heavenly Sword (if i put Red steel, this has to be here)...Thanks down there.

I could say Banjo, but... i don't think it was considered to be an AAA, so no.

twesterm said:
  • Mass Effect: Excellent game except for the bugs and incredibly shitty frame rate which really ruined it for me.

bugs?  i can agree that there was some frame rate issues, but i didnt encounter any bugs in 6 playthroughs

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

ya'll forgot heavenly sword

Around the Network

This is going to get messy

Starcraft 2
GTA4
Civilization Revolution

PS Red Steel is awesome, can't wait for the sequel

MrBubbles said:
twesterm said:
  • Mass Effect: Excellent game except for the bugs and incredibly shitty frame rate which really ruined it for me.

bugs?  i can agree that there was some frame rate issues, but i didnt encounter any bugs in 6 playthroughs

1. You would have to be crazy to think that no game has no bugs.  Every game no matter what level of polish has bugs.
  2. You were either lucky or weren't paying attention because I remember encountering quite a few.  No game breakers, but enough to make me make notice of it.

Sadly it's been a really long time since I played the game so I don't remember the ones I faced, again, only remember that I encountered enough to remember the game was buggy. 

The only one I remember was one enemy that jammed radar that never really got enabled.  He was sitting in the world at his spawn point but wouldn't move and could not be killed.  Because of that, I constantly had some NPC in the area (think she was the archeologist) talking about enemies in the area and I couldn't tell how many enemies or where the enemies were because this one enemy that wouldn't die and  had a stupid huge jammer was hiding everything.

-edit-

My apologies, didn't mean to imply anyone was stupid.  Sorry about that!

This thread will explode when somone says Mario Kart Wii
OT: Super Paper Mario for me. It was AA fun, but I wax expecting AAA

Mario Kart Wii.

Nah, not really. I haven't been disappointed by any games this gen so far ... mostly because I've kept my expectations low to avoid disappointment.

Which is why HL2: Episode 3 is going to totally suck. :D

Tremble said:

- Resident Evil 5: We thought that RE4 sequel could only be great! We were wrong, Psone era gameplay, poor atmosphere, it's not scary anymore.

Huh? RE5 has almost the exact same controls and gameplay as RE4. What have you been looking at?

My answer of biggest dissappointment that was supposed to be "AAA" would be Lair I suppose, since that snuck up out of nowhere as being awful. Too Human comes to mind, but it had been getting bad press at shows for over a year before it released, so it wasn't much of a surprise when it bombed critically.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.