By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

I can't imagine shifting "from" my 360 to the Wii. We have both, and each serves its purpose: the 360 for FPS, RPG, etc. and the Wii for party games, Zelda (the only RPG we have on it), WiiFit, and the typical Mario, etc. games.

Each has its strengths so I don't see us shifting from one to the other over time. We use both.

Around the Network

It's as generic as any other FPS

There is no relevant story (as far as I could see), the enemies are insectoid aliens trying to conquer earth, the levels seem to be in a derelict city, you are alone ...

This is a setting that someone has distilled out of 3 million last millenium FPS. Modern FPS at least try to have some character development or a cool story or setting or a great scripted experience or some RPG elements or new gameplay features or great multiplayer with lots of modi or ...

Regarding the controls I would rather have a less generic game as Metroid Prime to try this. (or play FPS on a PC with the best controls available)

Kyros said:

There is no relevant story (as far as I could see), the enemies are insectoid aliens trying to conquer earth, the levels seem to be in a derelict city, you are alone ...

This is a setting that someone has distilled out of 3 million last millenium FPS. Modern FPS at least try to have some character development or a cool story or setting or a great scripted experience or some RPG elements or new gameplay features or great multiplayer with lots of modi or ...

Regarding the controls I would rather have a less generic game as Metroid Prime to try this. (or play FPS on a PC with the best controls available)

Sorry, muchacho, but if you don't see the appeal in The Conduit, I can only assume you don't see the appeal in Painkiller, which means you aren't much o a shooter fan.

The mouse is only superior to the Wiimote insofar as turning speed is concerned, and that only when the bounding box of the Wii is rather larger. With the ability to anchor perspective, ala Corruption, the Wii remote is considerably better suited to fighting multiple opponents.

Khuutra said:
Kyros said:

Sorry, muchacho, but if you don't see the appeal in The Conduit, I can only assume you don't see the appeal in Painkiller, which means you aren't much o a shooter fan.

The mouse is only superior to the Wiimote insofar as turning speed is concerned, and that only when the bounding box of the Wii is rather larger. With the ability to anchor perspective, ala Corruption, the Wii remote is considerably better suited to fighting multiple opponents.

Indeed, very good game for any shooter fan,

@Kyros - If haven't seen the story by now you've not paid attention and that's no one's fault but your own so why talk smack about a game you haven't played and apparently don't know shit about it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

whorenraged said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kyros said:
If Hd owners have not already switched for the Nintendo games they surely will not buy a Wii for the Conduit which is the most generic FPS possible. (Its only selling point are relatively good graphics on Wii so why should a PS360 owner where EVERY game looks better than this switch?)

Could happen for Japanese with Monster Hunter and other games but western players? Nah either they have a Wii for Nintendo games and playing Wii Tennis etc. with friends or they will not get one. Surely not for the thin trickle of "hardcore" third-party games.

It's as generic as any other FPS but the main selling point for most people is the controls customization being on par with customization on PC and then the ability to play online talk smack with Wii Speak, no friend codes, use Wii Motion +, and on top of all that have a lot of modes and wireless LAN play.

I am 100% shure it will use friend codes, and never heard about of wirelles LAN for this game. Aren't you talking about online WFC matches?

From the very beginning High Voltage has said "We don't want friend codes" and much like EA they could just not use them.  Wireless LAN was confirmed back when they started discussing multiplayer modes, they said no splitscreen but will have online with 16 players as their minimum goal and wireless LAN will be included as they made the mode to initially test multiplayer and since people would probably enjoy it they said they would keep it in there.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

With all respect, from all the vids than i have seen, The conduit isnt more than an average shooter, with games like killzone 2/Resistance or halo 3/gears of war, RE 5 and FF on both, no need to buy a wii, at least, for me, just for Zelda and Metroid, no thanks. By 2010? we have to see if for that date, the wii have more interesting games to buy it.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

CAL4M1TY said:
I'm going to say no.

The difference between the wii and PS2 is that the PS2 was riding the success of the PS1, which gave birth to many franchises that naturally carried over to the PS2 (MGS, GT, Tekken, Crash bandicoot in it's hay day, Spyro, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil etc).

The Gamecube provided very little of that (3rd party wise) for the Wii, so whilst the PS3 and 360 are getting belted by the Wii, Developers assumed that Sony and Microsoft would ride the wave of their successes last gen (obviously sony more than MS) into the HD era, so most franchises we all know and love would have landed on either or both of the HD consoles.

The problem for the Wii now is that these third party devs have spent so much money developing engines to work on these HD consoles, that creating new ones for the Wii (remember, the wii ain't an Xbox, not as easy to zap power out of as we've seen so far) would be a "waste of money".

But then again, I would bank on the Wii to be the one to get the most new franchises by the end of the generation (whether they are a critical/commercial successof not) because of that aswell.

Also, when was monster hunter a "top notch" game?

A decent hack and slash title perhaps, but that's as far as I'd go (wouldn't think anybody would even put it anywhere near SMG).

That's one thing I've hated about the Wii fans (not saying OP is one), is that they've elevated average 3rd party franchises into AAA titles just because they are making it exclusively for the Wii (They assume that exclusivity means that they will try, I guess). Example: TENCHU.

You hit the nail on the head. Wii fans are known for hyping any game.

@BrayanA: First you were saying that you enjoy FIFA on 360, but if you'd had Wii, you'd had to play Wii Sports instead of FIFA. Maybe that wasn't what you meant to say, but you still said it. That's why my Lips comparision.

You're not clearly looking at the big picture. What the consoles have always been about, is that they're supposed to bring arcades to your TV, which isn't the case with PC. If we'd make a split where games are split into two types, arcade and adventure, consoles have fit into arcade and PC into adventure, by their "typical" games. Also, for ages consoles have been going towards the adventure category.
What Wii does again, is that it's supposed to bring arcades once again to your TV. If we look at the arcades throw-inners, they are driving games that you actually play steering, games that require physical activity and light gun games (of course, Wii has expanded the consept to FPS). We aren't seeing the type of games on PS360 or PC, and that's the real difference between the platforms.

Btw, as relating to the topic, you're keeping your 360 as a casual party machine and play a number of core games on it, while you still could experience the games better on your PC. Isn't that excactly what the OP is about, with the exception of that instead of PC/PS360
we have PS360/Wii. If it happened to you, why couldn't it happen to millions of others?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Its fascinating to see the commonplace "own a Wii and a HD" concept repeat itself over and over again. I don't understand why so many threads insist that the Wii and the HDs are competing, in the traditional sense.

The relative lack of genre overlap would, of course, eventually minimize the weaker (Wii) consoles ability to compete (from the 3rd party publishing perspective) in certain genres, as well, since a superior (technologically) platform exists in the same household, amongst so many mature gamers.

I recall a report issued by NPD which showed that, even in 2007 (I think early 2007 is when the report was), something like 3% of all the reports respondents (the respondents were the general populace, as I recall -- not all of them even played games) owned "multiple next gen consoles" (7th gen), out of the 19% of total respondents that even owned consoles, let alone 7th-gen consoles. 3/19 is over 15% of 7th-gen households owning more than one 7th-gen console, assuming that all console households in that report owned a 7th-gen console (which I doubt). 

I bet that 2nd console is almost always a Wii... although I dunno if the % would have gone up or down by now... (I would guess down -- i.e. more Wii-only owners as a %, but it could go either way.. especially by the end of the generation)

i had one a year before buying my ps3, i sold it because i was bored with it.