By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

Barozi said:
whorenraged said:
Barozi said:
Sri Lumpa said:
Barozi said:
I'm accustomed to HD graphics. When I first got my PS3 I had to connect it to a normal TV. I played LBP for 1 hour an my eyes were literally bleeding after that short gaming session. Watching TV is no problem for me though.....

2nd reason. I'm not the biggest fan of Nintendo games. I think Mario is cool, but not much else. I'm a big JRPG fan, but with the exception of maybe Monster Hunter 3 (I haven't played anything in this series btw) the current RPGs in developement for the Wii aren't looking that special to me.

Make some games like Starfox and Golden Sun Wii and then we can start to talk....

literally bleeding?

Pic(s) of blood oozing from your eyesockets or it didn't happen.

Nooooo you can't compel me to play anything in SD again !!!!!!!!!

So I guess you hated GTA4 since it is not HD as everyone pretty knows...

GTA 4 surely wasn't as good as the other GTA games. I played it on my 360 which upscales every game to 1080p

That's the output resolution not the actual textures which were 586p if I am not wrong.

You can upscale something in resolution, if it doesn't have the textures and geometries to match those high resolutions it will just get tinnier not better...

Around the Network

If Hd owners have not already switched for the Nintendo games they surely will not buy a Wii for the Conduit which is the most generic FPS possible. (Its only selling point are relatively good graphics on Wii so why should a PS360 owner where EVERY game looks better than this switch?)

Could happen for Japanese with Monster Hunter and other games but western players? Nah either they have a Wii for Nintendo games and playing Wii Tennis etc. with friends or they will not get one. Surely not for the thin trickle of "hardcore" third-party games.

theRepublic said:
The Wii is definitely going to be the most likely "second" console this generation.

There is very little reason for someone to own a both a 360 and PS3.

And if someone say that HD consoles will most likely be the "second" consoles this gen since the Wii is the numero uno?

:)

We should post things in a way everyone enjoy reading...

I can't speak for everyone, but I most likely will not. Nintendo games do not interest me, and the titles that would (i.e. Conduit) look just as generic and derivative as stuff I can already get on my 360. Motion controls do not interest me.

With that said, I will acknowledge that a well made RTS like Command and Conquer with good IR controls may be enough to turn my entire opinion around. It just has to get made.

Kyros said:
If Hd owners have not already switched for the Nintendo games they surely will not buy a Wii for the Conduit which is the most generic FPS possible. (Its only selling point are relatively good graphics on Wii so why should a PS360 owner where EVERY game looks better than this switch?)

Could happen for Japanese with Monster Hunter and other games but western players? Nah either they have a Wii for Nintendo games and playing Wii Tennis etc. with friends or they will not get one. Surely not for the thin trickle of "hardcore" third-party games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45902

Not every game my friend :)

EDIT: The way  The Conduit is generic to PS360 FPS's, its the same of 360 FPS being generic to Crysis. It's all relative :)

Around the Network
De85 said:
I can't speak for everyone, but I most likely will not. Nintendo games do not interest me, and the titles that would (i.e. Conduit) look just as generic and derivative as stuff I can already get on my 360. Motion controls do not interest me.

With that said, I will acknowledge that a well made RTS like Command and Conquer with good IR controls may be enough to turn my entire opinion around. It just has to get made.

Next-gen consoles are most likely to be all based on motion sensing or Nintendo will just smash them even more. Will you left gaming by that time?

Can you say that an Halo would be worst with Wii Controls?

=|

Goddddddd

Not every game my friend :)

ok point taken . You should never generalize.

whorenraged said:
Barozi said:
whorenraged said:
Barozi said:
Sri Lumpa said:
Barozi said:
I'm accustomed to HD graphics. When I first got my PS3 I had to connect it to a normal TV. I played LBP for 1 hour an my eyes were literally bleeding after that short gaming session. Watching TV is no problem for me though.....

2nd reason. I'm not the biggest fan of Nintendo games. I think Mario is cool, but not much else. I'm a big JRPG fan, but with the exception of maybe Monster Hunter 3 (I haven't played anything in this series btw) the current RPGs in developement for the Wii aren't looking that special to me.

Make some games like Starfox and Golden Sun Wii and then we can start to talk....

literally bleeding?

Pic(s) of blood oozing from your eyesockets or it didn't happen.

Nooooo you can't compel me to play anything in SD again !!!!!!!!!

So I guess you hated GTA4 since it is not HD as everyone pretty knows...

GTA 4 surely wasn't as good as the other GTA games. I played it on my 360 which upscales every game to 1080p

That's the output resolution not the actual textures which were 586p if I am not wrong.

You can upscale something in resolution, if it doesn't have the textures and geometries to match those high resolutions it will just get tinnier not better...

Of course it's more like an illusion, but the picture is getting better.

Anyway the 360 version of GTA IV is 720p (I did some research), the PS3 version has "only" 640p which is between HD and SD

If the self proclaimed hardcore gamers are truly hardcore, they follow the games not the system.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

whorenraged said:

I was thinking that last gen, many (many doesn't mean ALL) people with Gamecube or Xbox shifted to the PS2 due of GC and XB lack of good releases on par with PS2, and games for those platforms just appeared less and less on shelves...

Back up a minute...

When did that happen? The GameCube got some of the best games last gen. Specifically Resident Evil Remake, Pikmin, WindWaker, Baten Kaitos, etc.