By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

EDIT: THE TITLE IS WRONG, THE CORRECT IS: PS360 OWNERS TO TO GET A WII ALONGSIDE THEIR HD CONSOLE. Happy Posting :)

I was thinking that last gen, many (many doesn't mean ALL) people with Gamecube or Xbox shifted to the PS2 due of GC and XB lack of good releases on par with PS2, and games for those platforms just appeared less and less on shelves...

So by the end of last era it was common to have a PS2 along with another console. (I had a Gamecube and PS2, didn't manage to buy an Xbox in time unfortunatelly)

My thoughts are that despite Wii not being an HD powerhouse it can carry top notch games like Conduit, Monster Hunter 3 and Mario Galaxy. Doing so, and being the number one this gen, the console will only get even more and more bigger than others. I am predicting many ps360 owners to get into the Wii experience early 2010.

Personally I won't shift because I already am a PS3 and Wii owner :) (waiting at least 10 exclusive titles for 360 that pleases me and justifies me jumping in)

Do you think this era it will happen the same?

Discuss!

Around the Network

i think that the wii and its gameplay its really different to the ps360 so many wont shift over to wii...its just that many new gamers have been brought into the wii crowd but many people from the last gen are still going to get ps3 or 360 such as myself

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

aher052 said:
i think that the wii and its gameplay its really different to the ps360 so many wont shift over to wii...its just that many new gamers have been brought into the wii crowd but many people from the last gen are still going to get ps3 or 360 such as myself

That's exactly where the console's charm is. It's different and will only get even more better in games that pleases not only to elders but also to every PS360 owner. Just like DS appeals to almost PSP owner right now. Many bought a DS too. Why not? :)

There are many reazons why HARDCORE gamers from PS360 may shift to Wii: Dragon Quest X, Monter Hunter 3, House of the Dead Overkill, Tenchu 4, Fatal Frame 4, The Conduit, MadWorld, next Zelda ...

And the support will increase every year so expect Wii to be a hit related to hardcore games by 2010.

but i mean many of the people i know that had a ps2 or xbox are not going to buy a wii because that sort of genre does not interest them....they would rather go out and buy ps360 for the games that they used to playing....this is what i am doing and have am not interested in buying a wii because i think that it is a console that does not satisfy my gaming needs...the reason wii is selling big is because it is reaching out to a new crowd of people that were not interested in ps360 and enjoy a different type of gaming....sure some ps360 owners may switch but IMO many will stay to either the ps3 or 360

Predictions

GT5 will sell 3.2million + first week on ps3 (made 06 March 2010)

FFXIII Versus will have higher Metacritic scores than FFXIII after the first month.... Bet going on with perpride - loser changes sig for a month

KH3 will be PS3 EXCLUSIVE - willing to bet removal from vgchartz for a month

Around the Network
DavidValbu said:
There are many reazons why HARDCORE gamers from PS360 may shift to Wii: Dragon Quest X, Monter Hunter 3, House of the Dead Overkill, Tenchu 4, Fatal Frame 4, The Conduit, MadWorld, next Zelda ...

And the support will increase every year so expect Wii to be a hit related to hardcore games by 2010.

Yea we know. Just like DS did :)

No. The Wii has not the games I like and things won't change in near future.

Actually I planned to buy a Nintendo console before this gen started besides my Xbox360. The Big N showed the Wii and they lost one customer. Okay they made millions of new oned so I think they can handle it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I'm pretty sure that a Wii is the console to own next to a HD console.

a) It's a completely new gaming experience

b) All your non-gamer friends love it and will finally join playing games
b2) It's awesome for parties

c) Almost all quality games for Wii are exclusive

d) Nintendo games: Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem, Brawl, Kart, Sin & Punishment, Punch-Out!!!

e) 3rd party games: Tenchu 4, Fatal Frame IV, MadWorld, The Conduit, Cursed Mountain, RE4Wii, No More Heroes, Deadly Creatures, House of the Dead

e2) 3rd party JRPG/J-games blowout: Dragon Quest X, Tales of Ten, Muramasa: Demon Blade, Arc Rise Fantasia, Little King's Story, Monster Hunter 3, Valhalla Knights, Fragile, Kizuna

Especially gamers fond of Japanese games will probably need a Wii this gen.

The so called core gamer is afraid of the Wii and will never support it

DirtyP2002 said:

No. The Wii has not the games I like and things won't change in near future.

Actually I planned to buy a Nintendo console before this gen started besides my Xbox360. The Big N showed the Wii and they lost one customer. Okay they made millions of new oned so I think they can handle it.

How can you know that? :)