By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Imo, No, im more then fine with Dual HD AKA PS360, i could careless about "Innovation" over HD graphics.

However there DS is quite an awesome handheld.

I took a quick look at your library: Lumines, Super Street Fighter 2, Disgaea 3, etc...

Those are not graphical powerhouses, still you play them. Your post is a bit little contradictory. Don't be a hater man, maybe in the next months you'll realize that afterall Wii has some good titles you would like to play maybe? :)

Im not hating it was my opinion, and no, Wii has NOTHING i'd like to play in future titles, well maybe Monster Hunter 3 since im gonna try the Original MH for PSP soon, but other then that EVEYTHING worth playing to me is on the HD consoles Exclusively, Final Fantasy Versus XIII along with regular, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, LO, IU, White Knight & Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Etc Etc...

And thats just the JRPG's, FPS games aswel as 3rd person shooters would not be natural if not on the HD consoles.

Well Seraphic but I am talking about 2010, and we don't know even the list of wii killer apps for 2009 (I believe it is Zelda and another Big 3rd party).

Many games will be announced, and as you say that Monster Hunter 3 pleases you so can do it some other announced game till there. Don't forget I am not talking now! I am talking in 2010. By that time PS3 and 360 shall be a bit forgotten on this gen, unfortunatelly is what happens to 2nd and 3rd consoles since... ever!

Ohh I wish all the 3 platforms this gen were all so much sucessfull as the Wii, they have so much potential.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:

Then hyping the "unproven" games in advance isn't just limited to Wii fans. I see that a lot in the other camps just as well. Especially the PS3 fans have built a reputation with something like Lair or Haze.

The difference is Lair and Haze were new IPs. However wrongheaded all that hype was, it was around anticipation--similar only really to Madworld and The Conduit and its ilk. Tenchu, Fatal Frame, House of the Dead--these are all established franchises. We know how well they normally sell and how much interest they generally illicit, to say nothing of the overall quality of play (certainly an issue when talking about Tenchu 4). It's kind of dumb to hype such games.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Imo, No, im more then fine with Dual HD AKA PS360, i could careless about "Innovation" over HD graphics.

I took a quick look at your library: Lumines, Super Street Fighter 2, Disgaea 3, etc...

Those are not graphical powerhouses, still you play them. Your post is a bit little contradictory. Don't be a hater man, maybe in the next months you'll realize that afterall Wii has some good titles you would like to play maybe? :)

Im not hating it was my opinion, and no, Wii has NOTHING i'd like to play in future titles, well maybe Monster Hunter 3 since im gonna try the Original MH for PSP soon, but other then that EVEYTHING worth playing to me is on the HD consoles Exclusively, Final Fantasy Versus XIII along with regular, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, LO, IU, White Knight & Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Etc Etc...

And thats just the JRPG's, FPS games aswel as 3rd person shooters would not be natural if not on the HD consoles.

Well Seraphic but I am talking about 2010, and we don't know even the list of wii killer apps for 2009 (I believe it is Zelda and another Big 3rd party).

Many games will be announced, and as you say that Monster Hunter 3 pleases you so can do it some other announced game till there. Don't forget I am not talking now! I am talking in 2010. By that time PS3 and 360 shall be a bit forgotten on this gen, unfortunatelly is what happens to 2nd and 3rd consoles since... ever!

Ohh I wish all the 3 platforms this gen were all so much sucessfull as the Wii, they have so much potential.

MH3 sounds nice yes, but i havent tried Monster Hunter 1 for PSP yet, im gonna post a review later. but as for now, no.

And i personally will never get a Wii, for the simple fact i dont like what the system stands for. (No offence Maxwell and 11ht11) i just dont.

And wtf @ Bolded. PS3 & 360 forgotton by 2010?! LOL!!!!! wow, this discussion ends here its pointless with such obviously flame-bait comments.

Yes I think many PS360-Owners will buy a wii in 2009. Look at the core-games for february and march: MadWorld, Little Kings Story, House of Dead: Overkill, Deadly Creatures, Dead Rising and so on. And they are all exclusive for the wii.

bdbdbd said:

@BrayanA: We all get what you're saying. You're a PC gamer. But then again, a lot of PC gamers have shown a lot of interest towards the Wii, due to it being different from what PC offers.

@bdbdbd
I'm a gamer first and only then PC fan, 360 fan or whatever fan. Price/satisfaction is the only weight for me. I agree Wii remote is a great idea, but the only thing I fill playng Wii Sports is dullness. If Wii can offer tenis games like Top Spin with well-rounded, feature-rich gameplay and more serious graphics (not like Wii Sports, Sega Superstars Tennis or Mario Tennis), then I can change my mind. It is all about personal fillings, environment and friends. Playng FIFA 2 vs 2 on 360 in my house with friends + a lot of beer before a football match is classic. Playing Wii Sports with same dudes is ... just boooring. Of course if you want to play with your small kids then everything turns on 180 degrees and Wii is the most logical choice. That is why I love Wii, PC, 360, PS3, PSP. They give as a choice so we can choose what is best for our needs.

Around the Network

I think you worded this topic badly.

I wouldn't of called it a shift, but rather a second choice. No matter how much you hate the Wii. There are games on the system that make it worth while, unless your a total arrigant dumbass who has no mind to see past the console not being HD.

People can argue all they want about gfx, but in reality if they were true gfx whores they would stick to PC gaming as GFX + controls on PC are much better in general as an overall balance.

@Jalsonmi: So, you are saying that FF13 is so bad, that it makes the HD console owners to jump to Wii? FF13 has been announced so long ago, that it already have sold a number of systems. Same goes for Wii Zelda, i believe Zelda Wii is quite an anticipated title (yes, i do know the last GC Zelda had a Wii port, but then again, SE has been whoring out FF everywhere lately).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

z101 said:

Yes I think many PS360-Owners will buy a wii in 2009. Look at the core-games for february and march: MadWorld, Little Kings Story, House of Dead: Overkill, Deadly Creatures, Dead Rising and so on. And they are all exclusive for the wii.

Dead Rising came out for the 360 in 2006. This is a remake of a 3 year old game--a heavily gimped remake even. It's not a big deal game.

In fact, if anything it's the perfect exmaple of why the difference between the 360/PS3 and the Wii is about more than just graphics. Hundreds of enemies on screen at once has to become tens of enemies. People who like the HD systems better aren't just graphics whores, and what makes many HD games good in ways that can't be done on the Wii isn't just graphics either. It's a myriad of things, from number of enemies to destructable environments to enemy AI to depth of gameplay. But this is all off topic.

On topic, the above paragraph is the reason HD gamers will not en masse shift over to the Wii.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Asking forums for their opinions on such topics will lead to extremely skewed opinions.

But still, for many people in the general public who realised that the console they initially bought is not the most popular... Word of mouth and social stigma is likely "pressurise" them to shift their focus to the Wii.

I was able to live out the last two gens with just the unpopular Nintendo systems (N64, GCN), but I'm sure most people in society would be shifted by peer pressure.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

MH3 sounds nice yes, but i havent tried Monster Hunter 1 for PSP yet, im gonna post a review later. but as for now, no.

And i personally will never get a Wii, for the simple fact i dont like what the system stands for. (No offence Maxwell and 11ht11) i just dont.

And wtf @ Bolded. PS3 & 360 forgotton by 2010?! LOL!!!!! wow, this discussion ends here its pointless with such obviously flame-bait comments.

I said a bit forgotten. Not erased from earth. Of course both will be receiving games, but not as often as Wii. You see that PSP isn't as popular as DS now. DS shelves are much more bigger, and it's only 4 years from it's launch. Same that happened to the other eras... I remember buying games for my gamecube alongside ps2 ones, but gamecube itself and xbox were already being put aside for PS2 games on the shelves.

You missunderstood me dude, calm down :)