By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

Cobretti2 said:
I think you worded this topic badly.

I wouldn't of called it a shift, but rather a second choice. No matter how much you hate the Wii. There are games on the system that make it worth while, unless your a total arrigant dumbass who has no mind to see past the console not being HD.

People can argue all they want about gfx, but in reality if they were true gfx whores they would stick to PC gaming as GFX + controls on PC are much better in general as an overall balance.

Yea dude I know. I wanted to say graduate. or joinning too, but I just realized that when the topic was already on. Can't edit the title now =/

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Imo, No, im more then fine with Dual HD AKA PS360, i could careless about "Innovation" over HD graphics.

However there DS is quite an awesome handheld.

I took a quick look at your library: Lumines, Super Street Fighter 2, Disgaea 3, etc...

Those are not graphical powerhouses, still you play them. Your post is a bit little contradictory. Don't be a hater man, maybe in the next months you'll realize that afterall Wii has some good titles you would like to play maybe? :)

Im not hating it was my opinion, and no, Wii has NOTHING i'd like to play in future titles, well maybe Monster Hunter 3 since im gonna try the Original MH for PSP soon, but other then that EVEYTHING worth playing to me is on the HD consoles Exclusively, Final Fantasy Versus XIII along with regular, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, LO, IU, White Knight & Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Etc Etc...

And thats just the JRPG's, FPS games aswel as 3rd person shooters would not be natural if not on the HD consoles.

If you're a JRPG fan a Wii will become a must very soon. You may not like Wii, Nintendo or whatever, but not owning a Wii will restrict you in playing Japanese games and especially JRPGs.  I've posted some above and these were all anounced before the DQX announcement. DQX + MH3 will ensure a dominance of Wii in J-gaming for sure. In Japan Wii's console lead is biggest and developers will follow those titles.

Wii will never become the #1 system for Western games, but I expect nearly all Japanese games to go to Wii.

there is none, i have no reason to own a wii at the moment.

wii owner are delirious, there are only like 3 games that are real games on the wii every thing else can be a flash mini games and be played with a mouse.

I dont see why people say is innovative when i does not capture the position of the wiimote in most gome, like in the tenis games, you only have to move your wrist, and is very inaccurate.

Only zelda, mario and metroid are games i would play on the wii. I think that a game that a "gamer" would play have to require skills, and those games should try  to tell a story and give the player a purpose. Look at wii fit, what is that? most games i have see on wii can be pick up played 10 or 15 minutes and then let them go and forget what you did, that is not what i look for in a game, i want immersion, amusement, i want an experience that stays in my mind, that wakes me in my sleep. I think that is the reason to play video games other wise i would spent my time in other forms of entertainment.

Games use to disconnect gamers from this world, game like metal gear, and final fantasy have a story, games like tekken require skill, even GTA make you learn the city and you get better at the thing you do, and lest no forget zelda on the nintendo that had no map, those were the games the made me love video games.

When the wii come out there was the potential of shooter been more precise and games that really immerse the player into the story with the new gameplay, but no, the have taken more advantage of the fact that games could be played by anyone. i was hoping to see rpgs where you have to draw the spell to cast them, but no, there is no intention of using it that potential.

what game are out that are "hardcore" and require what the wii has?? i havent seen them, most that use the wiimote can be pc games and do the same thing with the mouse.

The first time i played a video game was in 1986 and i have loved gaming since that time, and right now i would rather get a ps360 100x, until there are more metroid, zeldas and old school nintendo games on the wii. The wii needs a shadow of the colossus, a gears of war, a god of war, a ninja gaiden, etc.

In my eyes, wii is like Pop music, some kind of christina agulera/ shakira only juke box, sure everyone likes it, so what ? is that really for everyone? not at all. Why cant i hear metallica, or ramstein? what about enya or asian dub foundation?

i said in another thread a hardcore gamer cant have only a wii or he is not hardcore, is like saying "am a hardcore racer but i only like mini coopers and i have no idea of how they perform, i just race them".

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

BengaBenga said:
windbane said:
ok, I know everyone loves lists, but you guys including House of the Dead as a potentially great game are funny. UC wasn't very good, and it had the RE license.

Not everyone likes arcade shooters but surely that doesn't mean it can't be a great game, does it? I also don't see what RE:UC has to do with this, cause it isn't even a real lightgun game. House of the Dead 2+3 already is much better than RE:UC, let alone Overkill.

reviews are about equal. Whatever you say, though. It will have the same gameplay and it's hardly a hotly anticipated title worthy of a short list.

Well I can tell you that it is for me. I have it in pre-order. I'm surely not the only one.

It WON'T have the same gameplay. There's a significant difference between having a mandatory crosshair (RE:UC) and not having it (HotD).

Also lightgun shooters are a hardcore genre that has been revived by Wii, of which I'm very glad, so despite you clearly not liking the genre I really don't see what the negaitivity around the genre/game is all about. I absolutely hate hack & slash games, yet you'll never see me saying that GoW or DMC aren't supposed to be on a list of great games.

alright, fair enough, to each his own.  It's just that, to me, including that game as a big exclusive shows the lack of quality titles in store for the Wii.  but hopefully you are right and it's better than RE:UC (although I did like the story recaps because I hadn't played all of the REs).

As for liking the genre:  I think it can be really fun.  I have the top score in Area 51 ( the original) on several arcade machines...or at least I used to since I haven't checked lately.  I'd buy a port of that, but I'd need the controls to be more precise than UC.

bdbdbd said:
@Jalsonmi: So, you are saying that FF13 is so bad, that it makes the HD console owners to jump to Wii? FF13 has been announced so long ago, that it already have sold a number of systems. Same goes for Wii Zelda, i believe Zelda Wii is quite an anticipated title (yes, i do know the last GC Zelda had a Wii port, but then again, SE has been whoring out FF everywhere lately).

No, I was saying Final Fantasy is the type of game that causes people to shift systems--either looking in the past, where it was a huge deal when VII became PS exclusive when Square left Nintendo, or to a potential and hypothetical future where if similarly XIV were announced for the Wii it would similarly cause peopel to shift consoles.

Wii Zelda may be highly anticipated--indeed, is certainly so--but the people who would be anticipating it are already in Nintendo's camp. You're not going to have very many 360 or PS3 owners switch to the Wii because of Zelda, because most of the people who look forward to any Zelda game are already buying Nintendo's systems. The same goes for the next Mario game, or Pikmin, or any established Nintendo franchise--you may get new people interested in the franchise, but I doubt a person who exclusively owns a HD console will shift their loyalties based on the latest game in a competitor's franchise. I mean, could the latest Metal Gear Solid or Halo or Gears of War or God of War make you shift from being primarily a Nintendo guy to primarily a fan of one of the other systems? No. It's the games you want going to the other system that does it, not the latest installment of something you're already inclined to be disinterested in it, no matter how big a franchise it is.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Imo, No, im more then fine with Dual HD AKA PS360, i could careless about "Innovation" over HD graphics.

I took a quick look at your library: Lumines, Super Street Fighter 2, Disgaea 3, etc...

Those are not graphical powerhouses, still you play them. Your post is a bit little contradictory. Don't be a hater man, maybe in the next months you'll realize that afterall Wii has some good titles you would like to play maybe? :)

Im not hating it was my opinion, and no, Wii has NOTHING i'd like to play in future titles, well maybe Monster Hunter 3 since im gonna try the Original MH for PSP soon, but other then that EVEYTHING worth playing to me is on the HD consoles Exclusively, Final Fantasy Versus XIII along with regular, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, LO, IU, White Knight & Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Etc Etc...

And thats just the JRPG's, FPS games aswel as 3rd person shooters would not be natural if not on the HD consoles.

If you're a JRPG fan a Wii will become a must very soon. You may not like Wii, Nintendo or whatever, but not owning a Wii will restrict you in playing Japanese games and especially JRPGs. I've posted some above and these were all anounced before the DQX announcement. DQX + MH3 will ensure a dominance of Wii in J-gaming for sure. In Japan Wii's console lead is biggest and developers will follow those titles.

Wii will never become the #1 system for Western games, but I expect nearly all Japanese games to go to Wii.

We'll see about JRPG's.  Square seems to be supporting HD consoles quite well.  If I bought a system for those I think it would be a DS.  The PSP is outselling the Wii right now in Japan and it's still quite a ways ahead of the Wii there, so I expect the PSP to get some as well.  Both handhelds are getting Kingdom Hearts, at least.

Certain HD-only console owners won't embrace the Wii, because they are too busy being angry at it.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

@Jalsonmi: Ok, so should we add GTA4 to the list? And then we have to add FF13 and GT5 later... Most of the games on the HD consoles haven't performed up to their earlier installments. And, games like Madworld, Conduit, Deadly Creatures etc. don't count for being new IP:s.

@BrayanA: Oh, my bad. I thought you were a PC gamer for listing games that tend to show their strength on PC.

If you like to play football games before the match, why not pick up PES on Wii? Your commen was just about as stupid as saying: I like to play PES on my Wii before football game, while taking some beer, playing Lips with the same friends is just boring.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

BengaBenga said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
whorenraged said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

If you're a JRPG fan a Wii will become a must very soon. You may not like Wii, Nintendo or whatever, but not owning a Wii will restrict you in playing Japanese games and especially JRPGs.  I've posted some above and these were all anounced before the DQX announcement. DQX + MH3 will ensure a dominance of Wii in J-gaming for sure. In Japan Wii's console lead is biggest and developers will follow those titles.

Good points Benga, but even if this does end up being the result in 2009, i still wont go Wii since for the very simple fact its not HD the Xbox 360 and PS3 are HD and in my case its as simple as that.

But when it comes to handhelds like the PSP and DS dont use this against me, since there "HANDHELDS" they have an excuse not having HD style graphics, the Wii has NO excuse this gen its just not right IMO.

Sorry but no matter what 3rd party support Wii gets from Japan, i'll just wait for a PSP or DS port since its quite easy to do.

And to be honest, i dont see it happen'n at all, Sony may stand by on the sidelines, but Microsoft will NOT allow Nintendo to get ALL the exclusives.

windbane said:
BengaBenga said:
windbane said:
ok, I know everyone loves lists, but you guys including House of the Dead as a potentially great game are funny. UC wasn't very good, and it had the RE license.

Not everyone likes arcade shooters but surely that doesn't mean it can't be a great game, does it? I also don't see what RE:UC has to do with this, cause it isn't even a real lightgun game. House of the Dead 2+3 already is much better than RE:UC, let alone Overkill.

reviews are about equal. Whatever you say, though. It will have the same gameplay and it's hardly a hotly anticipated title worthy of a short list.

Well I can tell you that it is for me. I have it in pre-order. I'm surely not the only one.

It WON'T have the same gameplay. There's a significant difference between having a mandatory crosshair (RE:UC) and not having it (HotD).

Also lightgun shooters are a hardcore genre that has been revived by Wii, of which I'm very glad, so despite you clearly not liking the genre I really don't see what the negaitivity around the genre/game is all about. I absolutely hate hack & slash games, yet you'll never see me saying that GoW or DMC aren't supposed to be on a list of great games.

alright, fair enough, to each his own.  It's just that, to me, including that game as a big exclusive shows the lack of quality titles in store for the Wii.  but hopefully you are right and it's better than RE:UC (although I did like the story recaps because I hadn't played all of the REs).

As for liking the genre:  I think it can be really fun.  I have the top score in Area 51 ( the original) on several arcade machines...or at least I used to since I haven't checked lately.  I'd buy a port of that, but I'd need the controls to be more precise than UC.

The RE storyline was what made me love RE:UC, but I agree with you that the gameplay wasn't great. I didn't like the crosshairs and it was a bit too slow. HotD is a much faster, far more arcadey experience.

I totally agree that Overkill isn't a game like RE, FF or CoD. It's not that big/AAA/anticipated etc franchise. But it does represent a type of game that is AND hardcore, mature AND pretty much unique for Wii.

Wii will pretty much be the console of the "niche" genres, like arcade shooters, JRPGs, Point & Click, Platformers, Puzzlers. These definitely ARE hardcore genres, they just happen to be dominated by the big games of the moment Shooters and WRPGs. That's why old-school core gamers don't have any problems with Wii, but gamers that started gaming on PS1 or PS2 often have.

One of my most wanted games for the year is Broken Sword. That it won't feature on many most wanted lists is unimported to me. It's a quality game in a great genre and very much suited to Wii controls.