By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

z101 said:

Yes I think many PS360-Owners will buy a wii in 2009. Look at the core-games for february and march: MadWorld, Little Kings Story, House of Dead: Overkill, Deadly Creatures, Dead Rising and so on. And they are all exclusive for the wii.

Honestly, do you really think anyone is going to be converted by that list when the other consoles are getting games like Resident Evil 5, FEAR 2 and Street Fighter 4 in that same time frame along with exclusives like Killzone and Star Ocean?

I'm gonna have to say no...

Around the Network

I'm insulted that someone actually thinks ps360 owners are going to shift to the wii. Simply ludicrous if you ask me.

How can games like RE5, FFXIII, SFIV, LBP, MGS4, Killzone 2, oh god... I'm not even going to bother listing the other 50, 100+ games that I'd prefer to play on my ps3 before even touching my wii. And out of all the hype of how many exclusives the wii is getting in 2009 - a total of 3 actually interest me (wii sports resort with motion plus, monster hunter 3, and punchout). Compare that to at least 15 games on ps3 that I'll be buying in 2009. will HD gamers being moving to the wii? I think not. In fact I think given how good 2009 is for both HD consoles I'll hazard a guess that for the majority of people who have a HD console plus a wii will use the wii alot less compared to their HD console - at least I know I will.

I'm not trying to put down the wii but I don't like it how just because the wii console is selling well, it somehow makes people want to play it - especially those who have already made the choice to have their HD console as their primary games machine. I mean the wii is TOTALLY different from the ps/360 and I think many HD console owners view the wii as an inferior console just because it is different - and more to the point the games simply don't appeal to them. Case in point the 2009 wii exclusives has been hyped by wii owners but for the most part it gets a big 'meh' from HD consoles owners.

One last thing I'd like to add is that people keep saying that the wii will somehow be the bastion for all the great games of this gen because it's the no.1 selling console and therefore all the developers will be shifting their focus to the wii. I can only say that I think that is the biggest load of rubbish I've ever heard. Obviously 360/ps3 are getting alot of big multi-platform games that the wii isnt - need I list them? And until the 360/ps3 stops getting them as developers start to make their AAA games on the wii I will call BS on that claim.

I should say I will play my wii more this year than I did last year but given that I played my wii for a total of maybe 3 hours in all of last year, it won't be that hard to beat.

@bardicverse and cura:

That's not the point. Obviously no-one will go to Wii INSTEAD of their 360/PS3. The question is whether people will buy a Wii in ADDITION to their HD console.

BengaBenga said:

Muramasa alone looks like a gem that every JRPG fan would want to play. Kizuna looks very promising as well. I never understood the importance of HD, despite gaming on a 1080p HDTV, and of my current gen consoles DS is my most played, followed by 360 and Wii (equal). For me a good game is a good game and output resolution really is by far the least of my needs.

Unless they both end as casualized crap with difficulty level set to be 10 year old boy level.

Not to mention Muramasa seems to be RPG "lite" from hands-on article on Eurogamer - which kinda is problem with other incoming wii RPG - for me a lot of them looks like hybrids and not hardcore game of Persona 3/4 class.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

@ benga - Like I said, I can expect that they might get a Wii in addition, but not to replace was my point. When people use words like "shift" it usually means to change over outright, not to add on. Title a little misleading, but after re-reading the post itself, I see he referred to adding on. Wires crossed. =)

Around the Network
radha said:

there is none, i have no reason to own a wii at the moment.

wii owner are delirious, there are only like 3 games that are real games on the wii every thing else can be a flash mini games and be played with a mouse.

I dont see why people say is innovative when i does not capture the position of the wiimote in most gome, like in the tenis games, you only have to move your wrist, and is very inaccurate.

Only zelda, mario and metroid are games i would play on the wii. I think that a game that a "gamer" would play have to require skills, and those games should try  to tell a story and give the player a purpose. Look at wii fit, what is that? most games i have see on wii can be pick up played 10 or 15 minutes and then let them go and forget what you did, that is not what i look for in a game, i want immersion, amusement, i want an experience that stays in my mind, that wakes me in my sleep. I think that is the reason to play video games other wise i would spent my time in other forms of entertainment.

Games use to disconnect gamers from this world, game like metal gear, and final fantasy have a story, games like tekken require skill, even GTA make you learn the city and you get better at the thing you do, and lest no forget zelda on the nintendo that had no map, those were the games the made me love video games.

When the wii come out there was the potential of shooter been more precise and games that really immerse the player into the story with the new gameplay, but no, the have taken more advantage of the fact that games could be played by anyone. i was hoping to see rpgs where you have to draw the spell to cast them, but no, there is no intention of using it that potential.

what game are out that are "hardcore" and require what the wii has?? i havent seen them, most that use the wiimote can be pc games and do the same thing with the mouse.

The first time i played a video game was in 1986 and i have loved gaming since that time, and right now i would rather get a ps360 100x, until there are more metroid, zeldas and old school nintendo games on the wii. The wii needs a shadow of the colossus, a gears of war, a god of war, a ninja gaiden, etc.

In my eyes, wii is like Pop music, some kind of christina agulera/ shakira only juke box, sure everyone likes it, so what ? is that really for everyone? not at all. Why cant i hear metallica, or ramstein? what about enya or asian dub foundation?

i said in another thread a hardcore gamer cant have only a wii or he is not hardcore, is like saying "am a hardcore racer but i only like mini coopers and i have no idea of how they perform, i just race them".

You cannot be serious.

About any of that.

You literally cannot be. I reject the notion.

Ok, maybe Fatal Frame 4 is the games that in the next months is coing to cause the 'shift' og PS360players to Wii.....I have heard that Fatal Frame was a franchise with some fans on the PS and Xbox brands...

PSP is becoming an awesome jRPG platform for me this generation, and it seems there is alot more coming (.hack, level 5 games). Handhelds is where you really ought to be now for the best jRPGs.

I won't switch over to Wii per se, but I do plan on getting one between now and when Dragon Quest X comes out. I had one for 1 month and sold it for profit because everyone I know has one and there wasn't that much that I really liked.

But yeah, if Nintendo releases a non-GC port of Zelda before DQ10 comes out, I'll be willing to splurge. I love Nintendo as a company, but Wii has been disappointing to me as a gamer compared to the other Nintendo platforms (save the VB).

Good sales don't mean jack to me until there are more games I want. Many people feel the same way about the Wii as well. Until then, I'll stick with PC/PS3/360/PSP/DS as all those platforms have rendered a reason to purchase them.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:
PSP is becoming an awesome jRPG platform for me this generation, and it seems there is alot more coming (.hack, level 5 games). Handhelds is where you really ought to be now for the best jRPGs.

I won't switch over to Wii per se, but I do plan on getting one between now and when Dragon Quest X comes out. I had one for 1 month and sold it for profit because everyone I know has one and there wasn't that much that I really liked.

But yeah, if Nintendo releases a non-GC port of Zelda before DQ10 comes out, I'll be willing to splurge. I love Nintendo as a company, but Wii has been disappointing to me as a gamer compared to the other Nintendo platforms (save the VB).

Good sales don't mean jack to me until there are more games I want. Many people feel the same way about the Wii as well. Until then, I'll stick with PC/PS3/360/PSP/DS as all those platforms have rendered a reason to purchase them.

Agreed the PSP & DS are the main ways to go for JRPG's.

Erm, the PSP and DS have been around for *2* more years. That's a significant amont of time. Imagine comparing PSP's current JRPG library to the Wii's in two years - honestly, the Wii is off to a good start compared to the PSP.

@Seraphic_Sixaxis: Eh, that's too bad. I'd say you're missing out, but I skipped the PS1 and waited for its successor, hopefully you'll do the same! And at least your reasoning checks out, there are some fanboys that claim the HD experience can't be matched - while turning around and calling Persona 4 one of the greatest games ever. *sigh.*

@Khuutra: Hah, I love your faith in the human race

OT: People won't shift over, the HD twins are by far the biggest 2nd/3rd place consoles ever, they're easily enough to satisfy gamers' needs. Hell, I was more than happy with my N64/PC combo (no PS1, and I like JRPGs). The Wii will soon bring in great Japanese games, and remain the local multiplayer king, but that's about it - if the gamer isn't desperate for these games, no luck. That doesn't mean the system has no chance of getting in their household, though - if they have a spouse, kids, siblings or parents that want it, it may still find its way into the home