By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

The opposite is more prone to happen.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
The opposite is more prone to happen.

Well played Hax. my thoughts exactly.

I have yet to find a single case of person who had ps3 or x360 and sold it to buy wii. So no Wii is not going to be replacement to any of the HD machines.

And i don't agree about Wii being machine of choice for niche genres -
for jRPG - maybe but i don't forsee lack of high budget releases like WKC, SO4 or FF on x360/ps3
Point&Click - nothing even comes close to PC (and mentioned Broken Sword is 12 year old PC game port/remake)
arcade shooters - those are perfectly fine as XBL or PSN releases and let's face it most people won't be paying $60 to play this genre.
platforms - was there ever a time when Nintendo wasn't a king of platformers ? Still it's not like HD world doesn't have briliant games in this genre like LBP, Braid or remakes of old games like Bionic Commando reamed plus average titles like Sonic, Spyro etc.
Puzzles - those are best suited to portable machines anyway not to mention there's enough of them on Live/PSN to keep not puzzle only players on the sony/ms platform.

However Wii might become good choice as second gaming machine to people who like jrpg/platformers. Which also can be used by girlfriends and drunk friends :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

It is 2009 and wii still offers next to nothing for me. I really don't see why should I get wii. For mario? No thanks. :)

PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

I laughed, that's all I'll say.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
BengaBenga said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Im not hating it was my opinion, and no, Wii has NOTHING i'd like to play in future titles, well maybe Monster Hunter 3 since im gonna try the Original MH for PSP soon, but other then that EVEYTHING worth playing to me is on the HD consoles Exclusively, Final Fantasy Versus XIII along with regular, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, LO, IU, White Knight & Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, Etc Etc...

And thats just the JRPG's, FPS games aswel as 3rd person shooters would not be natural if not on the HD consoles.

If you're a JRPG fan a Wii will become a must very soon. You may not like Wii, Nintendo or whatever, but not owning a Wii will restrict you in playing Japanese games and especially JRPGs.  I've posted some above and these were all anounced before the DQX announcement. DQX + MH3 will ensure a dominance of Wii in J-gaming for sure. In Japan Wii's console lead is biggest and developers will follow those titles.

Wii will never become the #1 system for Western games, but I expect nearly all Japanese games to go to Wii.

Good points Benga, but even if this does end up being the result in 2009, i still wont go Wii since for the very simple fact its not HD the Xbox 360 and PS3 are HD and in my case its as simple as that.

But when it comes to handhelds like the PSP and DS dont use this against me, since there "HANDHELDS" they have an excuse not having HD style graphics, the Wii has NO excuse this gen its just not right IMO.

Sorry but no matter what 3rd party support Wii gets from Japan, i'll just wait for a PSP or DS port since its quite easy to do.

And to be honest, i dont see it happen'n at all, Sony may stand by on the sidelines, but Microsoft will NOT allow Nintendo to get ALL the exclusives.

I respect your opinion, however I really want to know whether you can still enjoy those masterful SNES, PS1 and PS2 games? Those are not HD, yet there are a lot of masterpieces that (definitely as far as JRPGs go) outclass anything that has been made this generation.

Muramasa alone looks like a gem that every JRPG fan would want to play. Kizuna looks very promising as well. I never understood the importance of HD, despite gaming on a 1080p HDTV, and of my current gen systems DS is my most played, followed by 360 and Wii (equal), so my gaming is done on various graphical levels. For me a good game is a good game and output resolution really is by far the least of my needs.

480p or 720p is exactly 240vertical lines less. If that is more important to you than story/artstyle/gameplay etc, that's fine. I enjoy games for completely different reasons then.

The only game you could eventually expect to be ported to PSP is MH3. Other than that these games are exclusive. Look in the history and you'll see that ports for J-games aren't frequent at all.

You really shouldn't expect Microsoft to try and take away exclusives from Nintendo. They're cutting jobs and closing studio's. They really only wanted to counter Sony and the FFXIII deal is a big part in that. They won't get Dragon Quest and it's clear that they won't have a business reason for buying a game like Tales or Arc Rise. 

I'm accustomed to HD graphics. When I first got my PS3 I had to connect it to a normal TV. I played LBP for 1 hour an my eyes were literally bleeding after that short gaming session. Watching TV is no problem for me though.....

2nd reason. I'm not the biggest fan of Nintendo games. I think Mario is cool, but not much else. I'm a big JRPG fan, but with the exception of maybe Monster Hunter 3 (I haven't played anything in this series btw) the current RPGs in developement for the Wii aren't looking that special to me.

Make some games like Starfox and Golden Sun Wii and then we can start to talk....

@Benga- Thanks man, i respect yours aswell. :)

And as for your question Yes, yes i do enjoy SNES, PS1 and PS2 games, there all made of gaming legend, although i dont own a SNES i can say with ease its games are of legendary status among gamers.

As for the PS1/PS2, i still play these games over my Xbox 360 and PS3 some times, such as over-looked titles like Chaos Legion (PS2) or Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2) but the PS2 is not "CURRENT GEN" its last gen and has an again has an excuse for non-HD graphics.

But again just my opinion, the Wii is Current Gen along with the PS3 & 360, sure the Wii's Innovations like Butt-Racing are unique, but its nothing compared to going up against the helgast or Chain-sawing someones ass in Hi-Def.

Point across i dont minde the PS2's PS1's SNES or other PAST gens graphics, cause it was NORMAL for there time.

The Wii? no excuses. although this is just the opinion of a former-fan of nintendo whos felt betrayed, i've owned the GCN / N64 over both Sony consoles and loved it, over course i got the PS1 and PS2 later and enjoyed it more but thats not the point.

At anyrate im glad you enjoy the Wii as a current generation console, but i see no fun in it whatsoever.

No man, have a wii and my house already but I'm yet to play it. We have the holy grail of the wii's library i.e the nintendo 1st party and those still don't interest me. At this point, I don't know what wii game would. Maybe DQIX but the dragon ball Z look is annoying

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I say no. They might add a Wii into their entertainment unit, but in no way will abandon their HD console. There are games that just are better done in HD. Plus its hard to go from HD back to SD.