By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

Arius Dion said:
If the self proclaimed hardcore gamers are truly hardcore, they follow the games not the system.

This is awesomenessly true.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
If Hd owners have not already switched for the Nintendo games they surely will not buy a Wii for the Conduit which is the most generic FPS possible. (Its only selling point are relatively good graphics on Wii so why should a PS360 owner where EVERY game looks better than this switch?)

Could happen for Japanese with Monster Hunter and other games but western players? Nah either they have a Wii for Nintendo games and playing Wii Tennis etc. with friends or they will not get one. Surely not for the thin trickle of "hardcore" third-party games.

It's as generic as any other FPS but the main selling point for most people is the controls customization being on par with customization on PC and then the ability to play online talk smack with Wii Speak, no friend codes, use Wii Motion +, and on top of all that have a lot of modes and wireless LAN play.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

whorenraged said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Well if you want the most exclusive games in the years to come Wii is the console to have, so much like PS2 was the must have for most exclusives and then owning a GC or Xbox.

I had a Gamecube and PS2. Despite PS2 being better in games, Gamecube was my main platform. I beated Wind Waker 13 times (Yeah thirteen, I am not kidding). Oh and those Mario Kart Double Dash evenings *.*

Nintendo games have that magical touch :)

I was also very addicted on the trashy Eighteen Wheeler x___X

Don't know why, that trash unrealistic simulator(?) is addictive!

I'm with you in that situation, Nintendo makes awesome games which made gamecube my favorite but if you wanted those third party exclusives you had to get a PS2 for most of them even though there were a few on Xbox and GC but you would be missing out on a lot more if you had GC and Xbox.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kyros said:
If Hd owners have not already switched for the Nintendo games they surely will not buy a Wii for the Conduit which is the most generic FPS possible. (Its only selling point are relatively good graphics on Wii so why should a PS360 owner where EVERY game looks better than this switch?)

Could happen for Japanese with Monster Hunter and other games but western players? Nah either they have a Wii for Nintendo games and playing Wii Tennis etc. with friends or they will not get one. Surely not for the thin trickle of "hardcore" third-party games.

It's as generic as any other FPS but the main selling point for most people is the controls customization being on par with customization on PC and then the ability to play online talk smack with Wii Speak, no friend codes, use Wii Motion +, and on top of all that have a lot of modes and wireless LAN play.

Don't try to convince him.  All it accomplishes is driving your hands closer to carpal tunnel

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kyros said:

Don't try to convince him.  All it accomplishes is driving your hands closer to carpal tunnel

But but but.... I have toooo!

Around the Network
whorenraged said:
theRepublic said:
The Wii is definitely going to be the most likely "second" console this generation.

There is very little reason for someone to own a both a 360 and PS3.

And if someone say that HD consoles will most likely be the "second" consoles this gen since the Wii is the numero uno?

:)

We should post things in a way everyone enjoy reading...

I was just using the logic of your thread. 

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Well my main console is the PS3 but i have just got a wii as the wife seems to enjoy it and its nice to share gaming with her instead of her looking down her nose at me for it

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I think that people wont abandon ship and jump to wii, but rather just get a wii to complete there gaming needs, just like last gen.most people that I knew had at least two consoles.

not a fan but a gamer

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Kyros said:

I am 100% shure it will use friend codes, and never heard about of wirelles LAN for this game. Aren't you talking about online WFC matches?

whorenraged said:
De85 said:
I can't speak for everyone, but I most likely will not. Nintendo games do not interest me, and the titles that would (i.e. Conduit) look just as generic and derivative as stuff I can already get on my 360. Motion controls do not interest me.

With that said, I will acknowledge that a well made RTS like Command and Conquer with good IR controls may be enough to turn my entire opinion around. It just has to get made.

Next-gen consoles are most likely to be all based on motion sensing or Nintendo will just smash them even more. Will you left gaming by that time?

Can you say that an Halo would be worst with Wii Controls?

=|

Goddddddd

First off you're just speculating about next gen.  I picture more of a combo like the sixaxis but better, but only time will tell.  As for Halo, better or worse are subjective terms, but I know I would not like it as much. 

Not everybody thinks that the Wii and its controls were invented by Jesus himself, and that doens't make them any less of gamers.