By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 owners to shift to the Wii?

frybread said:
Sorry guys, we don't want you. You had your chance.

I Have been looking to use this all day:

Anyway, got one, wish I didn't. X360/PC/psp/ds for me! (only added DS because I want some more games, but I don't have them right now)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

@Groucho: A lot of the threads insist that they are competing with each other, because they are. Not competing would mean that Sony and M$ would be running away to give Nintendo a free pass to their (previous) market and that's what Nintendo is after; to push the competition into so small space that they are irrelevant. Of course, Wii has built its success on different audience than PS360 and these two footholds don't really compete in traditional sense.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@Groucho: A lot of the threads insist that they are competing with each other, because they are. Not competing would mean that Sony and M$ would be running away to give Nintendo a free pass to their (previous) market and that's what Nintendo is after; to push the competition into so small space that they are irrelevant. Of course, Wii has built its success on different audience than PS360 and these two footholds don't really compete in traditional sense.

That's an interesting perspective.  I actually agree, to an extent, although I don't think Nintendo is thinking in competitive terms -- MS and Sony are, and that's what's given Nintendo the open field to break loose upon.

Reasonable said:
Well, I bought a PS3 first then a Wii, so unless I'm the only person in the world to do so I would imagine some other HD console owners will do so too.

It's down to what they want, of course. The Wii complements my PS3, but I wouldn't be looking to play FPS or games where I believe HD graphics add to the experience, so I'm sure many PS3/360 owners simply won't see any appeal in the Wii's games/experience (which is fair enough).

I do suspect its more likely PS3 owners would also get a Wii than 360, but I could be wrong. Most 360 owners I know are passionate about online shooters, Live and the 360 in general, and show very little interest in Wii (and in fact tend to bemoan its existence). Most PS3 owners I know who don't have a Wii speak about getting one at some point.

Of course that's a small sample, but its the only one I know!

I did the same thing, and I think this is one of the best posts in this thread. 

I agree that I'm more likely to play FPS on my PS3 than Wii because of the graphics and usually better gameplay options.  Perhaps the wii motion + will make FPS controls even better and we'll finally see a great game in that genre for wii (I know many like MP3 and MoH:H2 but I didn't).  There are just too many advantages for HD consoles in that genre, however.  I used to be a keyboard/mouse whore, too.  Now, if every PS3 FPS supported that like UT3 did, then we'd have the perfect union, imo...

TC wrong site to be asking this question, thought it was a well known fact this site was wii fanboy central

but moving on

no i will not get a wii, i think its stupid, a waste of money and has nothing other then Monster hunters 3 and maybe No more heroes 2. Zelda was awesome but its so much better on the cube IMO, mario well its mario and it was awesome, super smash was dissapointing (took a big step back from melee if you ask me and melee was way overrated in the first place)

well i do have to say Nintendo doesnt care because they are making mass amounts of money but it just shows how mainstream they've become. Honestly i dont see the attraction to the system unless your at a party, but why would i just play video games at a party...? say if i wanted a video game party i'd play better games like SF (2,3 and soon to be 4) some shooters and yes of course melee NOT brawl.

So like the angry video game nerd i will shake my head at the wii in dissapointment.

Around the Network

Not this PS360 owner. why would I need a non-HD console with a few great games but mostly average or bad ones?

@Groucho: It's not that interesting in the sense that it's the way how disruption works. You start with the market segment that doesn't generate much profit for the incumbents and slowly move towards the core market, that has traditionally created the biggest profits.
Nintendo started with an audience that the competition wasn't interested in and now moving towards the new traditional audience, or atleast counts on 3rd parties to do so. Now that Wii has so big installbase and library that it can sustain itself, Nintendo can go pretty aggressively towards the old market. Sony and M$ can try to attack Nintendo, but due to Wiis library, they aren't likely to succeed, while Wiis 3rd party support is growing and they can push the competition in the upmarket.
Basically what happens is, that the more 3rd parties make money on Wii, the more Wii interest them and they keep on putting their games on to the platform. Eventually the "PS360 type" of titles will end up on Wii (more money->more games, more games->more money), but there's still the high-end market that Wii can't reach due to its tech.

Also notice how Reggie is talking about competing and keeps mentioning Conduit and Madworld that are stepping on the PS360 territory (it's saying to 3rd parties that this is what we want to see from you).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

@shinsa: But you still could name a number of games that interest you on Wii.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

coolestguyever said:
Not this PS360 owner. why would I need a non-HD console with a few great games but mostly average or bad ones?

Because that is not a fact as you state it.  Facts are all the consoles have great games and bad games, everything else is opinion and should be stated as much or it's trolling.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

You've got to love the foolish comments about core gamers being afraid of the Wii. Personally, I may never purchase a Wii, it depends on wether or not it attracts more original games like World of Goo or Zack & Wiki. Even if it does, I still have to get a new PC, DS, Master System, Game Gear and PSP 3000 before then.