By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Dominate 09? (Note if you dont like Sony Stay out!)

Yes , Sony will continue to dominate in every way. Its been shown Sony has the best gaming experience for the money this gen. In my opinion and many others the best game lineup there is with , God of War 3 , Killzone 3 , res 3 , MAG , Heavy Rain , GT5 , Infamous 2 , Twisted Medal, Just to name a few true Exclusives. The PS3 also has the best graphics and sound, with Bluray is a solid winner. Free online play, which is big. PSN is now just as good as XBL, I know I play on both, now just PSN, not paying 60 bucks for a game then 60 bucks a month for my comcast, then to have to pay to play online, crazy. Sony will stay ontop. WATCH

Around the Network

its always "i know i own both!" too!

i like that Twisted Medal game too , must be Medal Of Honor on wheels, damn EA want to battle it out with Mario Kart it seems.

ShadowSoldier said:
richardhutnik said:
ShadowSoldier said:
So just to revisit this thread. Seems like I was right. PS3 dominated Software and Sales wise

You saying Sony dominated with the sale of software?  Care to show that?  Also care to show that it is now trouncing the Wii, or do you consider there to be only consoles on the market, and one of them is NOT the Wii?

Software means their Software line-up, Sales means Hardware Sales and while it didn't top the Wii (Which wasn't what this thread was about) it managed to sell more then the 360s Yearly sales which it has never done before

It is a sad state when coming in second in a year is seen as dominating.  The question you asked, was:

So what do you think? Will Sony be dominating this year?

And the answer is, no.  Sony didn't dominate this year.  They had a real good year on quality release front, but this is hardly dominating.  Maybe you can prtend that the Wii doesn't exist to make your point.

dirkd2323 said:
Yes , Sony will continue to dominate in every way. Its been shown Sony has the best gaming experience for the money this gen. In my opinion and many others the best game lineup there is with , God of War 3 , Killzone 3 , res 3 , MAG , Heavy Rain , GT5 , Infamous 2 , Twisted Medal, Just to name a few true Exclusives. The PS3 also has the best graphics and sound, with Bluray is a solid winner. Free online play, which is big. PSN is now just as good as XBL, I know I play on both, now just PSN, not paying 60 bucks for a game then 60 bucks a month for my comcast, then to have to pay to play online, crazy. Sony will stay ontop. WATCH

After the Zune Marketplace update and Last.FM, and plus the fact that most of the heavy gamers I know are on Live rather than PSN, I'm still very much willing to pay the $40-$50 a year for Live.  It's a good service that keeps getting better little by little.  The video service used to be a real sticking point for me until they went to instant streaming 1080p, which is FINALLY a solution to the 360 not having a BluRay drive.  It quite literally rivals the video quality of BluRay.  There is no visible evidence (at least not on my TV) of any kind of compression or pixelation, even when you get up close to the screen and my streaming does not stutter, pause, or switch resolutions at all.  It's smooth as silk. Facebook and Twitter are mildly interesting on the 360, but not very useful.  Last.FM is definitely a plus.  And the library is definitely there as it always has been.  HOWEVER---

PSN is pretty awesome too.  I'm honestly not very well informed on whether or not their video service is instant streaming because I've never tried it, so I don't know if there's a comparison there or not.  But the whole reason I got a Netflix account was because my 360 had instant streaming first.  When I got my PS3, I converted my Netflix account over to BluRay and now I use my subscription mostly to watch movies on my PS3, not my 360.  Also, you can't deny the cost of entry to PSN--it's free.  If you want an all in one box that won't nickel and dime you to death to take advantage of all the things modern gaming has to offer, PS3 is the way to go.  Everything is right there in the box for you.  All you need is an internet connection and a power source.  

So what it comes down to is the games.  And the price drop to $299 along with the hardware redesign turned me instantly from someone who didn't give a crap about the PS3 into someone who couldn't wait to pre-order one.  Once the $299 slim model became a reality, I changed my tune instantly.  I wanted one of these things.  And I have to say, for the short amount of time I've had this machine, it's really winning me over in the game library department.  Uncharted 2 was the best game I played this year and probably in the top 5 of my favorite games of all time, perhaps only falling second to Half Life 2.  Demon's Souls has totally captured my heart.  Little Big Planet is a blast.  With the exception of recent Modern Warfare 2 binges on my 360, the PS3 has gotten a lot more of my play time in the second half of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 for the PS3 is going to be INSANE.   

I still have a lot of friends who have not yet jumped into the HD generation and are all thinking about getting consoles soon.  At the end of the day, it's really hard not to recommend the PS3 over the 360 right now considering what you get packaged right into the box.  For this reason, I think the PS3 is going to get on a very big roll this holiday season and in the months to come as it has the slight edge in features, cost, and upcoming releases.  However, I am now 100% in love with both boxes, so it always comes down to the question of "What games do you want to play?"

CGI-Quality said:
Icyedge said:
PullusPardus said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
PS3 dominates 360 in 2009 game line up and sales = MEH Wii still tops it

but

360 dominates ps3 2008 = REJOICE!!! 360 domination, PS3 is dead etc....10m GAP by end of 2009!!!

Sad but true.

LOL, yes so true!

Basically what it proves is, these things can become rather petty, on both sides. It's a wonder why some Wii fans consider the "HD Crowd" the laughing stock of the industry. It's all quite sad IMO.

Maybe its just me but I sincerely find that theres more Xbox fan that are biase. Being fan is no problem, but you know like hearing things how much PSN suck because it doesnt cross game chat. I mean its only a minority of gamer that use a function like that. I know for one I would never use that.

You have hardcore gamer hyping Natal as it would be the messiah while its a device to gain more market share of casual gamer. At the same time those gamers are saying that Wii suck and that its aiming for casual gamer, but they are hyping natal?!?!

I often read comments like: I played metal gear solid and never touch it again, theres no games. Or its a good paperweight.

Also things like: xbox GPU is so much better hence the console have better graphics.

This is just a few examples of things that make no sense and that we read often. Sure Wii and PS3 fan are also happy when there is something good for there console of choices and they will talk about it. But there is not as much biase.

If someone say that they prefer Xbox because they like the Halo franchise and FPS, its perfect (or any other personal reason). But usually they say they like Xbox more because PS3 suck because of (input any reason here, which most of them are not real or was real 2 years ago).If you ask me why I like PS3 most, ill answer that I love the controller, that I like japanese games (I think that more japanese games will release on the PS3), that blue-ray impose less limit to RPGs developer and that I prefer Sony as a company. I will not answer that Xbox suck...

Also im firstly a Video game fan before being any company fan. I almost purchase a Wii just to play muramasa. And I purchase a Xbox just to play Tales of vesperia, Ive also played star ocean and lost odyssey after it tho. Am i saying that its only good to accumulate dust even if it is what it is doing? No, because I know that there a lot of other game appealing to other person. And that they share a lot of game in common. The fact I prefer PS3 is not a reason to bash the other console.

Each person have his own preference and thats alright, but it doesnt mean that you have to defend it using all kind of stupid argument and not being honest. It was almost a trend for the 360 gamer to bash everything related to the PS3. Luckily It seems to be better nowadays.

Around the Network

Yes theres also nintendo and sony fan that are extremely biase, but I read those comments not as much as the way around. Thx for the comment!

I know I'm way late and all, but while I'm glad you enjoyed your console a lot this year (no sarcasm, and you had plenty of incentive to!) I think we have radically different definitions of the word "dominate."

Icyedge said:
CGI-Quality said:
Icyedge said:
PullusPardus said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
PS3 dominates 360 in 2009 game line up and sales = MEH Wii still tops it

but

360 dominates ps3 2008 = REJOICE!!! 360 domination, PS3 is dead etc....10m GAP by end of 2009!!!

Sad but true.

LOL, yes so true!

Basically what it proves is, these things can become rather petty, on both sides. It's a wonder why some Wii fans consider the "HD Crowd" the laughing stock of the industry. It's all quite sad IMO.

Maybe its just me but I sincerely find that theres more Xbox fan that are biase. Being fan is no problem, but you know like hearing things how much PSN suck because it doesnt cross game chat. I mean its only a minority of gamer that use a function like that. I know for one I would never use that.

You have hardcore gamer hyping Natal as it would be the messiah while its a device to gain more market share of casual gamer. At the same time those gamers are saying that Wii suck and that its aiming for casual gamer, but they are hyping natal?!?!

I often read comments like: I played metal gear solid and never touch it again, theres no games. Or its a good paperweight.

Also things like: xbox GPU is so much better hence the console have better graphics.

This is just a few examples of things that make no sense and that we read often. Sure Wii and PS3 fan are also happy when there is something good for there console of choices and they will talk about it. But there is not as much biase.

If someone say that they prefer Xbox because they like the Halo franchise and FPS, its perfect (or any other personal reason). But usually they say they like Xbox more because PS3 suck because of (input any reason here, which most of them are not real or was real 2 years ago).If you ask me why I like PS3 most, ill answer that I love the controller, that I like japanese games (I think that more japanese games will release on the PS3), that blue-ray impose less limit to RPGs developer and that I prefer Sony as a company. I will not answer that Xbox suck...

Also im firstly a Video game fan before being any company fan. I almost purchase a Wii just to play muramasa. And I purchase a Xbox just to play Tales of vesperia, Ive also played star ocean and lost odyssey after it tho. Am i saying that its only good to accumulate dust even if it is what it is doing? No, because I know that there a lot of other game appealing to other person. And that they share a lot of game in common. The fact I prefer PS3 is not a reason to bash the other console.

Each person have his own preference and thats alright, but it doesnt mean that you have to defend it using all kind of stupid argument and not being honest. It was almost a trend for the 360 gamer to bash everything related to the PS3. Luckily It seems to be better nowadays.

I agree with everything you said except for the thing about cross game chat.  I think if you had the option available to you, you would probably use the party chat function in Live quite a bit.  It's a good way to socialize with your friends on Live even if you don't all have the same library of games. 

HOWEVER, games like Modern Warfare 2 mostly seem to break the party chat system on Live and just kind of use their own methods of doing party chat, so if you're playing that game with your friends on PSN, you are at least for the moment getting the exact same party system experience as you are on 360.  I have to wonder if that will happen with more games in the future. 

Anyway, it is a big sticking point on the PS3, but also is sort of cancelled out by all the awesome things that the PS3 does that aren't necessarily available on the 360.

noname2200 said:
I know I'm way late and all, but while I'm glad you enjoyed your console a lot this year (no sarcasm, and you had plenty of incentive to!) I think we have radically different definitions of the word "dominate."

You're late

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Domicinator said:

I agree with everything you said except for the thing about cross game chat.  I think if you had the option available to you, you would probably use the party chat function in Live quite a bit.  It's a good way to socialize with your friends on Live even if you don't all have the same library of games. 

HOWEVER, games like Modern Warfare 2 mostly seem to break the party chat system on Live and just kind of use their own methods of doing party chat, so if you're playing that game with your friends on PSN, you are at least for the moment getting the exact same party system experience as you are on 360.  I have to wonder if that will happen with more games in the future. 

Anyway, it is a big sticking point on the PS3, but also is sort of cancelled out by all the awesome things that the PS3 does that aren't necessarily available on the 360.

No I would not use it because I dont play games to socialize. I do that all day, so im glad I dont have to speak while playing.  I can see how some people would like it, but most gamer I know dont or wouldnt use it. Thx for the comments ;).