By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Dominate 09? (Note if you dont like Sony Stay out!)

Well rumors are coming all over the place but they are mostly Showing in Sony's favor with a Strongly rumored price drop happening sometime this year and arguably (though I dont see how) the strongest line-up seen going on this year and finally another strong rumor that Sony will be releasing PS2 B/C emulation for all PS3's worldwide(except 60's, 20's and early 80gb's) it seems that Sony Is finding themselves in a very unique and strong position to regain the momentum and sales that they lost when MS cut the Xbox's price to 199.99 

So what do you think? Will Sony be dominating this year?

PS3's Epic Lineup: http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=182909

PS2 B/C article: http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=2266

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Only a sony fanboy will think so...so other than that No it will not...

really its all about the gamers taste in games, i can say the psp will have the best lineup this year..

about sales, nope that belongs to the DS and Wii

I doubt this lineup will usher in any new PS3 sales...

The gamers who'd want to play these games would already have a PS3.

Lol! wow 2 in a row!?

*Grabs Moar pop-corn.*

We were clearly shown this year that price and lineup do not mean you win.

The 360 was the cheapest and also bundled with games. The PS3 had the best lineup (according to game sites and reviewers).

Yet both were utterly DESTROYED by the Wii.

So these topics seem to be pointless in saying how this game or feature or even price will be the savior of some system when this generation it seems to be proven wrong bit time.

Around the Network

...As in dominating the Wii? No.

It does have a good chance of beating out the 360 this year though, although my 2009 EOY predictions suggests otherwise.

Regardless of how many consoles Sony sells this year, barring any surprise announcements from Nintendo or MS, there is NO debate in my opinion that the PS3 has the best '09 lineup. Show me how the Wii or 360 competes with Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Infamous, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain and many others.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

I think sony is going to make heads turn twice this year where last year only did it once.

So........ 09 year of the ps3 confirmed?

And if you mean dominate in sales your wrong , it still will end up in 3rd.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

This must be Crazzyman.. except I don't believe Crazzyman is so bothered as to create an alternate account.

even so.

No Sony will not dominate this year.... for one thing the Wii will as a minimum, double it's sales.... and arguably (though I don't see how) has a better line up than both HD systems together.

for another thing, MS has the momentum now, So the PS3 will struggle to match the X360 in sales for the year. Personally I feel optimistic that by the end of the year the X360 will be slowing down for good, while the PS3 with a late year price cut, will sell nicely for an extra year at least.

So for 2009 I see it coming not too far short of selling the same as the X360 (360 will extend it's lead for the first half of the year, but PS3 will bring it back later on)