By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Dominate 09? (Note if you dont like Sony Stay out!)

Cheat1011 said:
JRoman1976 said:

PS3 has a definite chance of at least going to 2nd very soon.  According to the sales figures on the front page of this site, PS3 is roughly 8 million units shy of the 360.  If the price drop happens, that gap will narrow tremendously.  Mind you, the 360 has a year-long head start and it's starting to lose ground to Sony.

I'm not being a fanboy or saying that one is better than the other (I own all 3 consoles and both handhelds), but we all know that PS3's biggest hurdle is its price...

How can the 360 be losing ground to Sony if the gap has only increased since the launch of the PS3?  And the gap right now is the biggest it has ever been, and not to mention, the 360 stomped on PS3 last holiday season.

ooo ooo I know ..... its losing mindshare! wait its losing in shipped units! um um the 360 has yet top move a copy of MSG4 ... PSN has more users then LIVE.....

heh 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Don't worry guys, the Xbox 360 is only pretending to outsell the PS3. Pretty soon Microsux will have to reveal the truth, like with Enron that they were fudging the numbers somehow.

I expect a massive turnaround at the end of the financial years numbers when Microsoft admits they were lying and infact the PS3 has sold more LTD than the Xbox 360.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Don't worry guys, the Xbox 360 is only pretending to outsell the PS3. Pretty soon Microsux will have to reveal the truth, like with Enron that they were fudging the numbers somehow.

I expect a massive turnaround at the end of the financial years numbers when Microsoft admits they were lying and infact the PS3 has sold more LTD than the Xbox 360.

Actually, I think this thread is about software, not hardware.  You realize that as long as games continue to come, no one really cares about hardware sales?  The Wii is dominating hardware but has the fewest great games lately.

I do want Sony to do well because I see the value in the PS3 personally, but their hardware sales so far have little bearing on the already too many games for me to keep up with.

If SONY launches a ps3 at 299 with a bundled game..GT5/KZ2.. with BC.. ill get one.. otherwise pass.. i ve spent way too much on the 360 to bother pumping it into the ps3.. lets not forget the launch of wii motion plus.. thats gonna take some steam off the HD consoles.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

The answer is no...

Around the Network

You could of gotten away with this during the summer.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

TWRoO said:
This must be Crazzyman.. except I don't believe Crazzyman is so bothered as to create an alternate account.

even so.

No Sony will not dominate this year.... for one thing the Wii will as a minimum, double it's sales.... and arguably (though I don't see how) has a better line up than both HD systems together.

for another thing, MS has the momentum now, So the PS3 will struggle to match the X360 in sales for the year. Personally I feel optimistic that by the end of the year the X360 will be slowing down for good, while the PS3 with a late year price cut, will sell nicely for an extra year at least.

So for 2009 I see it coming not too far short of selling the same as the X360 (360 will extend it's lead for the first half of the year, but PS3 will bring it back later on)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

wait...I'm not done

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hiphopgamer? Leaves thread

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

So just to revisit this thread. Seems like I was right. PS3 dominated Software and Sales wise

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

well Sony did have an amazing year! so people who predicted it were right!